Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she wants people to riot?

there are something like 2.5million people in the UK in poverty and over 67 million people in total. Whether you agree with them or not the vast majority of the British people don’t appreciate being inconvenienced by rioters. People are selfish…. Not as much as Jack is though!
Does she not remember the 2011 (?) riots? Which while they were fully understandable ended up being a massive bleeping disaster. I love a good fight (for the right reasons) but come on Jack don't try incite a riot, and don't act like you could more to the point.

Are you duck as like.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I’ve just woken up and checked Twitter (obviously!) and she’s trending! So many people are talking about this maybe more people will start to notice she’s not as she seems? (Cleans round the place in anticipation of newbie tattlers joining us on the dark side!)
Ditto and Jeez are some of the Jack non-fans are getting a pasting.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Does she not remember the 2011 (?) riots? Which while they were fully understandable ended up being a massive bleeping disaster. I love a good fight (for the right reasons) but come on Jack don't try incite a riot, and don't act like you could more to the point.
God I'd actually love to know what her reaction to that was at the time. My money's on her being like Caitlin Moran and the others who were like SEND IN THE TANKS.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Oh no! people I follow on Twitter are retweeing articles about her where she’s talking about ‘facts’ and maths!! *Blocks everyone!*

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
If I were her publisher, I'd be very pissed off that nobody RSM is putting a poverty book together before the celebrity 'writer' I've paid two years ago has.
And from a recent RSM tweet, appears to have turned Jack's story down?! Sounds like it could be about JM anyway 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I looked up the glossaryfirst, I promise. Who are Vittles, please?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I am not a Manu fan and to be honest knew little of him until then, but he has achieved so much in so little time and is so humble it's so refreshing to miss"thank you, you really love me"

He just got on with it and achieved real results within a month of starting and its ongoing.

She's not well enough to take this on the very fact everyone is including us are telling her to slow down and that she needs to back off shows that is not just because we want too see her fail. She's mentally unstable and is in recovery, ( less than a year) she needs to get her head in the game before she crashes and really harms herself.
I'm not condoning thieving, but if you were actually at the point of starvation, you'd nick something. I would, and I'm pretty sure Jack has dropped hints.

There's also places that do soup runs, community cafes, nearly every religious group has a charity side to it, drop in centres, etc. People aren't all bad, I don't care what Jack says, I know from my own experiences and those of people I know. She knows absolutely duck all beyond I, Jack Monroe. She's a nasty, lying, scaremongering individual, doing far more harm than the good she'd have her squiggles believe.
The only time I would be reluctant to give a friend money or family if I knew it was going to be spent on anything other than what they needed it for. Ie alcohol etc.

In saying that I wouldnt cry over a bottle of beer but if that was all they bought with the money then I would be reluctant to hand it over, especially if there was kids involved. I would buy food for them and pay their electric etc through my bank.

Reactions: 24
I looked up the glossaryfirst, I promise. Who are Vittles, please?
A very influential food newsletter by Jonathan Nunn.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
So many good points fraus my ‘like’ thumb is getting tired.
Send doggies etc

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Screenshot_20220123-114232_Twitter.jpg

Nobody's attacking her because she's "No longer suffering from food poverty", they're objecting to the fact that she 👏 manipulates 👏 people 👏 into 👏 thinking 👏 she 👏 still 👏 is.

Are her fans really this bleeping dense? Well, we already knew the answer to that, but this, combined with her smug mug smirking under that appalling Sunday People headline, is raising my blood pressure so much I think I'm going to have to step away for a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
As I was talking of Twitter I thought I’d check Jack on social blade, keeps track of social media followers and the amount of tweets you do in a day. I tweet a few times a week. (If I’m really excited about something I occasionally tweet twice in a day! Woohoo Go me!) I know that’s quite low- I’M BUSY!!-
Jack seems to tweet between 10 to 50 times a day, sometimes it’s over 100 tweets a day, not to judge anyone’s social media habits, but that does seem slightly excessive especially for someone so BUSY.
We post her stats regularly.

Latest:
Screenshot_20220123-114440_Opera.jpg

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
View attachment 1009095

Nobody's attacking her because she's "No longer suffering from food poverty", they're objecting to the fact that she 👏 manipulates 👏 people 👏 into 👏 thinking 👏 she 👏 still 👏 is.

Are her fans really this bleeping dense? Well, we already knew the answer to that, but this, combined with her smug mug smirking under that appalling Sunday People headline, is raising my blood pressure so much I think I'm going to have to step away for a bit.
Someone's just tagged Jack into that thread, so we can look forward to some screed about her vile bullies soon 🙄

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
Доброе утро frauen, being BUSY as Vlad's PA doesn't leave much time for grunking these days, but he wanted me to report back with the situation in Russia. Of course, Thorpe Bay is the centre of the known universe but I thought it would be useful to note that other places exist which are *also* experiencing food price increases (maverick, I know :cool:).

Russia's food prices have been increasing for a while now and are hitting poorer Russians hard, but this is a complex situation. After sanctions were imposed in 2014, inflation went a bit crazy and prices skyrocketed, but a combination of counter sanctions and increase in agricultural practices meant that they dropped in the years following. But the pandemic has had an impact globally on supply chains and the availability of (sad to say) terribly paid migrant labour. Russia relies massively on farm workers from former Soviet republics AND we know that Britain does/did too rely on largely Eastern Europeans picking strawberries for £2/hour or something appalling like that. Actually, both Brexit and sanctions for Crimea are comparable in terms of availability of goods/ease of imports across the border.

Russia has several indexes for tracking real-world price increases which focus on the shopping habits of average Russians (the vast majority of which live paycheck to paycheck). The Borscht Index tracks the cost of the standard ingredients for making borscht soup (potatoes, carrots, beets, sour cream etc) and has risen between 2-15% since this time last year (depending on which region you live in). The Olivier (salad Russians love to eat at new year which is basically sausage, potatoes, pickles and mayo) Index has risen by up to 15% since last year. These indexes don't include champagne or lamb or caviar, but they are not crazy figures like 344% because they reflect the actual situation that is happening? Which is that poor/late harvests, increase in farming equipment and supplies and lack of cheap labour (plus panny d) have caused a rise in inflation. But it's also acknowledged that these indexes only have limited use in capturing the nuance between family to family, region to region - to actually do that would require a crazy amount of work (lol) that Jack just aint gonna do 🥴

So in response Vlad capped prices on some of the Russian staples such as sugar and oil and flour. Economists are saying that this is a stupid short term fix (he had an election coming OKAY) and will actually duck the economy more in the long run by discouraging farmers (who are already struggling in the UK as several fraus have mentioned). It seems like this is what Jack wants to happen too? It also seems like Jack is focusing her attention on bags of carbs/things in tins rather than fresh food like she doesn't understand that these things are also dependent on farmers/crops?? When it comes down to it, the main issue is the fact that salaries/benefits are not increasing in line with being able to pay for food (and the terrifying energy hike which is partly due to Vlad hoarding all the gas - see, it's all CONNECTED). Shouting at the Tories for purposely screwing "the poor" by refusing to protect cheap food prices displays a terrible grasp of the complexity of the situation.

ANYWAY thank you for coming to my lecture. Might I suggest Jack's index drop the ridiculous Vimes analogy (food gets eaten almost immediately so it's not a false economy at all - you can either afford it or you can't??) and renames it after one of her essential slop dishes? How about the Come-to-Bed-Parmigiana Index? Horse-Spunk-Lasagne Index? Manky-Salad-Bag-Pesto Index? The options are endless...
Can you write for the FT instead of Jack please?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Stop trying to make her vegan Vlad.

Ive been shopping. A bag of deCecco pasta was £1.65 (I’m a pasta snob - sorry). But usually I wait until it’s on deal in sainsburys and it’s a £1 so I buy loads. Although I worry because of Brexit and it’s imported the deals may stop.
Do I need to track that on a chart to make some non point?

Also books don’t help with social change now. Attention spans are too short. Campaigns need to be fast and effective, like with what Marcus has done.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 25
View attachment 1009095

I found that account this morning and they are seriously getting some tit.

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Ahhh I’m seeing her face all over Twitter! *deletes tweeters, sets phone on fire, throws flaming phone out window*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
In the observer headline “we’re pricing the poor out of food in the U.K.- that’s why I’m launching my own price index”, it reads like a quote from Jack, even though, admittedly there are no quotation marks.

However, it includes the word “poor” that was rightly pointed out to be troublesome yesterday and she said that she didn’t have any say over in the Sunday People headline. Why would she have allowed the observer headline through when it looks so like a direct quote from her?

Note also no comments about the word “poor” from the Islington Observer set although there are a few dissenters on the FB page, who mention grift.

Off to avoid Sunday morning TV where no doubt she will be praised.
Jack loves to marginalise people. She described public transport users as smelly, Aldi and Lidl are not posh enough for her plus she'd have to mix with the proles, she is racist, classist and weirdly scathing of anyone suffering from an addiction despite allegedly doing so herself. She regularly shows her contempt for people in poverty and sees herself as above them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.