Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Squiggles claiming receipts look photoshopped 🙄 & also implies she’s deleted this beg. Noticed that her ‘pay me’ thing on Twitter has also gone-when did that happen? Seems like jack’s trying to cover her grifting with the focus currently on her.
96074963-9008-44FC-9BBA-F81BCDE117C8.jpeg

Still there and no doubt raking it in, more’s the pity.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
the flying monkeys will never be told. apparently, if you don't agree with jack, you're a bleep, I saw one say this morning.

and I don't think the "single-issue" accounts dedicated to slagging her off help tbh, but I applaud anyone daring to have a go on main. I'd be in bits if I was on the receiving end of some of the replies I've seen to dissenters!

it's disheartening to see her trending for these scaremongering lies, but it's nice to see old and new names popping up here

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Squiggles claiming receipts look photoshopped 🙄 & also implies she’s deleted this beg. Noticed that her ‘pay me’ thing on Twitter has also gone-when did that happen? Seems like jack’s trying to cover her grifting with the focus currently on her.
“Looks photoshopped“, ugh it feels like we’re being gaslit, we all saw that tweet with our own eyes so recently.

@jenny2603 I‘m sorry you weren’t able to avoid Jack’s nonsense despite trying, but it’s great to see you back, I really missed your comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I actually think this fantasy index is dangerous, especially since she will be banging on about those £20 shops again. It will simply reinforce the thoughts in people's minds that people on low incomes (who I am not going to refer to as the poor) should be able to feed 3 people on that joyless basket of food. Why would we need to raise benefits or wages when people can eat some kale and yellow sticker chicken wings? Families should be able to feed themselves decent quality food that actually tastes good. It's such a worthy idea people should be eating chickpea curry when almost every child would rather have a plate of chicken nuggets or some pizza and a roast chicken on a Sunday.

Remember the food she used to claim to give sb for packed lunch? Cheap white bread sandwiches with cheese spread and grated carrot served with some smart price maize snacks, does anyone have the receipts for that?

I bought some lamb from Asda yesterday which obviously makes me part of the aristocracy. In reality that £3.50 pack of lamb will make 4 portions of tagine. I also bought biscuits, coffee and other decent food. The prices are going up (my 4 pints of milk had gone up from £1.10 to £1.15) but it is not 300%.

When I worked at CAB there was something known as a trigger figure when working out debt repayment plans. When someone had debts it would allow you a figure for food as an essential spend before they calculated any surplus to be paid to creditors, unfortunately, these figures are only viewable if you have a license but I seem to remember years ago it was £35 for an adult and child.

There are organisations that already calculate the effect of prices on people who are struggling. After every client comes into CAB the advisor fills in a stats form. It tells them what the issue is i.e. debt, delayed benefits, food bank voucher, found fit to work when disabled etc. They then put together yearly reports. The child poverty action group have been around for 50 years and also produce excellent materials and campaigns around poverty.

The people headline about the poor starving to death was also highly irresponsible.

Anyway, I have created the grifter index. Let's calculate the cost of the following essentials and hope the tip jar rattling can keep up with demand.

Ouchy mouth pringles.
Sherbet dib dabs.
Sardines (extra special).
Eggs (from the greengrocer).
Milk (from milk and more)
Sideboards (Cotswold).
Cat food (gourmet perl).
Bottled lemon juice.
Pot noodles.
Haircuts at Toni and Guys.
63 different eyeshadow palletes.

Does anyone have anything to add to that list?
I needed some bits for my kids packuos so walked to Tesco's.

Plenty of value stuff on the shelves.

Free to customers fresh fruit sitting my the door
And Aldi price match not to mention club card prices. I saved five pounds on my shop using it.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
It's a very similar mindset to people who buy into conspiracy theories. My SIL is a fully fledged QAnon member and I'd have an easier time convincing her that Cornwall was made of cheese rather than 5G not causing Covid and Donald Trump not beimg brought in by Jesus to save America from paedophile rings.

They can't see beyond what they've bought into as it represents everything they stand for and what they've based their life around.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Interestingly, one of her big supporters has always been Marina O'Loughlin. She's not retweeted anything to do with her either.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
"You asked, I pointed" is class. Not so class is suggesting a person needs therapy for responding, never mind the assertion that "therapy isn't that expensive". I guess that's all relative, eh? Maybe Jack can add the price of therapy to her stupid index.

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 13.33.45.png

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 13.36.35.png

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 13.38.33.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Oh blimey-it was definitely not there a few times since this all kicked off-I checked-so she’s removed then added it.
It doesn’t always show up, depends on the platform. It’s been there consistently for me unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m at my mum & dads for Sunday lunch today. I’ve said on here how my dad was quite poor growing up and he’s seen her article on Facebook so I’ve been filling him in on her Twitter antics.

I’ve paraphrased him slightly
“So is there a hierarchy on poorness then? Those that live near the Asda are true poors whereas those that live near Tesco should think themselves lucky because they can still get a tin of beans for 20p”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I remember seeing a clips online a few months ago of some protest in America where there was a counter protect. Basically the counter protectors get all up in this guys face and wriggled their way under the placard and leaned forward. Next thing their friends all start shouting he’s strangling them. It was the most bizarre thing I have seen as it was then repeated in the media. That is what Jack’s squiggles remind me of. Basically they are happy for her not to pay tax as she has the ‘correct’ views.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
She's been a long-term twitter bugbear of mine. Nasty person, I'm not sure how some of the decent people she works with tolerate her 🤷‍♀️
She really is. Happy to provide aggressive, unsolicited responses to Twitter accounts she doesn't follow then whinges about other people doing it.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
"You asked, I pointed" is class. Not so class is suggesting a person needs therapy for responding, never mind the assertion that "therapy isn't that expensive". I guess that's all relative, eh? Maybe Jack can add the price of therapy to her stupid index.

View attachment 1009358

View attachment 1009356
View attachment 1009360
I wish someone would ask what she’s actually doing to ‘help’. All I can see that she’s done with her viral thread and newspaper articles is scare the tit of people on a low income. People are siding with her because it’s something else to stick the boot into the Tories with, but she’s not proposing how to solve anything she’s flagged up. All she’s managed to do is get her smug face plastered all over the papers and she was so delighted about that, she couldn’t even do her best Daily Mail sadface. Where’s the critical thinking?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
what an absolute head reply.
Re: her tattoos have they ever been costed up? Couple of grand on those arms at least.
Was gonna say, I've got a few tattoos, got a fairly small piece on my calf of a rubber duck surrounded by some song lyrics (I had a dream about it and had to get it) and it set me back 150 squid from a well regarded artist. As much as it kills me to say, her tatts aren't bad and I reckon she's prob spunked around a grand or so on her sleeves

Reactions: 17
It doesn’t always show up, depends on the platform. It’s been there consistently for me unfortunately.
Weird. Her brass neck is quite ridiculous then-given she’s admitted she’s ‘no longer poor’ (cough never was), surely if she had an ounce of decency she’d remove it or put one up that links to a food bank rather than going into her pockets to pay for more needless tat?
Fking charlatan

ETA So she’s getting a minimum of £892.50 monthly (it links to her patreon-that’s assuming every patreon is on the lowest tier-likely to be way more). How can anyone not see how disgusting this is-that’s all money that could be going to food banks/toothpaste man because Jack earns money & perfectly capable of working like the rest of us) 🤬

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.