Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OK at least Jack is promoting TT I hope she generates a lot of support.

But this imaginary toothpaste man I can’t bring myself to read the article, but I imagine gently softly weeping in the toothpaste aisle because the 23 pence basics isn't there, and he couldn't afford colgate.

Why didn't thrifty Jack tell him that salt and a twig from the garden would make an excellent substitute?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I can't remember which jack hype train I got caught up in as a fan, but this feels wildly familiar. So many retweets from well meaning folks, a nudge to the mainstream, but nothing of substance. It's a shame because some of the threads of goodness are there.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The thing I find interesting is last year during the MR lunch thing, she talked shite all over the press and then nothing more was heard. I have a feeling she makes a point, they give her air time and then because she crap at it, she burns out or whatever and someone much more equipped comes along, the. She narc rages about niches and the circle of crap complete one orbit of obligatory slop.
Your eloquence sings to my soul ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 31
OK at least Jack is promoting TT I hope she generates a lot of support.

But this imaginary toothpaste man I can’t bring myself to read the article, but I imagine gently softly weeping in the toothpaste aisle because the 23 pence basics isn't there, and he couldn't afford colgate.

Why didn't thrifty Jack tell him that salt and a twig from the garden would make an excellent substitute?
He has toothpaste, not food. So he ate toothpaste for tea.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
But she doesn’t live near Sainsburys so can’t include their stuff unless it suits her massive % increase narrative.
Doubt Jack would dare mention Sainsbury's as they dropped her after her comments about David Cameron and his dead son a few years ago.

Grunking so this may already have been mentioned.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Imagine being so self-involved that you'll actively seek out and like tweets calling you a 'hero' while simultaneously alleging your activism (/tweeting) is giving you PTSD. The narcissism is simply off the chart.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
I’m so tired of her tit today. Lots of love to all of you worn out and affected it all❤

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Another media appearance. Seems to have been a lucrative couple of days...
giphy (24).gif

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
So she wants people to riot?

there are something like 2.5million people in the UK in poverty and over 67 million people in total. Whether you agree with them or not the vast majority of the British people don’t appreciate being inconvenienced by rioters. People are selfish…. Not as much as Jack is though!
People in poverty aren’t going to riot because of a Jack Monroe article anyway. The majority won’t have heard of her, won’t have her books and most likely won’t read the Guardian, as much as the likes of Owen Jones would like it to be seen as the voice of the working class. It would a very middle class ‘riot’ that would be played out entirely on Twitter by people who have never come within a 2 mile distance of someone on benefits and probably involve a hashtag.

Show someone on a council estate a copy of Tin Can Slop and tell them this is what they should be existing on and then we’ll be talking though. Burn it with fire!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.