Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And you took a lot of convincing in the beginning!
I remember 😳😳

I started to change my mind when I read about the Kickstarter. Then I saw that she hasn't posted anything to the Patreon since 2020. I started to see trends - her promising things and not fulfilling them.

I have ADHD and I have a history of starting projects I never finish so I felt for her... but I'm always embarrassed and apologetic when that happens if I've promised anything to anyone. She gaslights people, lies, and takes people's money who are struggling themselves when she's had tens of thousands over the last few years. I should be so lucky to be so poor! Sorry for the rant 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Yes, her mate did them cheap and she had a job before and they’re tit anyway
Its on her insta!
Haha yeah should have known it was buy one get 2 sleeves free at the parlour that day. Hope she disinfected that puddle muck off the tattoo needles.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I don't know what is worse, the fact that this ghoul is thoroughly enjoying herself whilst perpetuating fear and misery or the fact that she is getting paid for it. Any bets on what the money will be spunked on? A sideboard, a toaster, a new black eye palette, snowflake snuff powder, spicy pringles? Definitely a uselessness luxury item though. Jack you should donate all your fees to the TT or an independent food bank.

Please don't anyone pity her btw. She is acting a part, quite possibly using make up to aid that part (she has form). It's all fake, if she stayed up all night then it was self inflicted, with or without the aid of you know what. She is sick, she has had the audacity to lie in print about the poor man and the toothpaste. And if he was real, she is preventing him from getting much needed help from squiggles. Plus promoting a very sick and triggering headine while smiling smugly about the prospect of people dying. She is loving all of this. It's horrible and I cannot wait for eventual fall. I hope there are pics of her doing a Henry Hoover and I hope they get published in the DM. And HMRC need to serve her her arse.
F*****g bang on the money.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I remember 😳😳

I started to change my mind when I read about the Kickstarter. Then I saw that she hasn't posted anything to the Patreon since 2020. I started to see trends - her promising things and not fulfilling them.

I have ADHD and I have a history of starting projects I never finish so I felt for her... but I'm always embarrassed and apologetic when that happens if I've promised anything to anyone. She gaslights people, lies, and takes people's money who are struggling themselves when she's had tens of thousands over the last few years. I should be so lucky to be so poor! Sorry for the rant 🙈
Sorry she hijacked your condition to make you feel sorry for her. But you’re proof, the facts speak for themselves!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Can we all just agree at this point that the toothpaste guy doesn’t exist?
I find it fascinating how his story (the way she worded it) was that a long time ago he ate toothpaste, but apparently he’s in need now of food, yet she won’t let anyone else help him but her because she is a twit. Or he doesn’t exist, like the receipts.

In fact, I never seem to see stories under her comments like the ones she talks about. They all go in the mystical DM folder apparently for her to recycle as her own stories.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 72
Toothpaste guy does not exist. It's nonsense. Just like her nibbling stock cubes.

Reactions: 50
Toothpaste guy does not exist. It's nonsense. Just like her nibbling stock cubes.
Yeah, eating a spoon of toothpaste would just make you vomit. Ditto nibbling stock cubes. Total nonsense.

Reactions: 35
4C1DAB2C-C6EA-4F8F-A320-DD8C8445FEC8.jpeg

Rice-Bag Accountant (blue squigg) still sticking by his sensible opinion. I hope he takes an interest in the cherry picked index if Jack actually does release something. I think he likes number facts. Hopefully tax facts too when that Glorious day comes.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
The supermarkets racketeering and people dying comments are so irresponsible. This is what she does though - starts showing off terribly because she thinks she is now invincible. She will just get ruder and ruder until she says the wrong thing to the wrong person.
People who feel sorry for her are a lot nicer than me. I think she is just ghastly and manipulative. Her pretending she needs adults to tell her to eat and sleep, and being proud of that, is quite revolting at her age. Pity she didn't listen to these 'friends' when she was hell bent on choosing to let her child go hungry.
I still am quite bewildered at her inane thoughts on pricing being taken remotely seriously. It's like something out of Brass Eye.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 76
Imagine her tales if she went in Aldi or Lidl? The nasty stereotyping quips she’d come out with, then they’d of course be the inevitable drama of some sorts. A tutting man saying “if she can afford Lacura moisturiser she should put the Choco break biscuits back for the genuinely poor” or how the shifty hooded jacket wearing person bumped into her and she didn’t realise until she’d gotten home but now her purse has disappeared.
Followed by the squigs praising her for being such a brave lamb for venturing into a shop that serves “those sorts”.
The dumber part of this is that if you were going to lidl/aldi for a shop of any appreciable value - such as a weekly shop - you would probably still save money after the £4 bus fares if you're shopping smartly for bargain goods. You're not just paying £4 to spend the same there, you're going to be paying less. As long as your aldi vs asda shop is £4 or more cheaper, you're golden. Which, again, is fairly likely as they're virtually guaranteed to have their budget ranges in stock at all times even if asda doesn't stock the budget rice due to demand.

I'm BUSY tomorrow but kind of want to do that to her £20 shops and see what happens. (or, well, noting the prices while doing my own little shop.)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Sorry for going OT but for anyone finding Jack too much. there’s always the Food and Drink thread. Which is a mixture of all sorts of food chat, pet photos and a panda vs koala discussion

I'd like to apologise in advance for the otter comments. Please just focus on the biscuit related nostalgia.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Not sure about England but the Lidl in Northern Ireland is actually really good quality. It is cheaper than the other supermarkets and you can get some really good quality cheap items. If Jack actually wanted to help she could use some of the patreon (or Netflix) money and research the best bargains in each supermarket so that people are aware…. Because although she only has an Asda near her that won’t be the case for many squiggs. She could easily afford to visit other supermarkets in the name of research since she can afford to fill her house full of expensive furniture

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
If she posts a picture of the £20 slop shop, I will tomorrow visit my local Aldi (which is a two minute drive from my home) and buy the same items, forensically receipt them and show you all the difference plus receipt.

And then when I’m done, they’ll be off to the local foodbank.

I live in a North-East pit village, think Billy Elliott and you’re a few miles out, and the villages around me are regularly on tv as one of the most deprived areas of the country. Jack doesn’t have a clue.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Dissenters on the discord reddit posts have been removed by mods, sadly. :/ Hopefully it makes the curious google for their answers, but I suspect only positive Jack comments will just create more squigs.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Agreed with you and @BeautifulTrauma
He slides into DMs
Then she’s talking to him
enough to get him to open up
She’s got him help
She is helping him herself

Too many details there, including some which seem unlikely

Reactions: 48
It speaks monumental volumes that previous employers/colleagues of Jack have neither liked nor supported any of her narc nightmare.

Tom Kerridge & Marcus keeping tight lipped is especially telling.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.