Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The best part of all of this “we, us, me, my” is that she earns very comfortable amounts of money. And it’s no one’s fault but her big self that she wastes it on expensive sideboards and rusty spoons.

Jack, you are in no way representative of the people you are claiming to be.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I am apoplectic. I won’t keep up very often because I work and have a couple of SBs but she really has outdone herself this time. She needs to be cancelled.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Am still seeing no solutions. She’s spaffing all this time trying to prove something we already know. Wasted energy.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
She looks like hell.
I am actually worried for her health right now.

Why do they always pic such awful pics of her. Honestly it's like bullying
I would say it’s less the newspapers bullying her and her wanting to look as close to the breadline as possible for her front page People extravaganza.

‘Poor Will Starve to Death!’ is a lot less palatable coming from heavily filtered opal fruits eye make up Jack in her Burberry scarf and leather jacket.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
I am actually worried for her health right now.
Back when she went quiet on twitter I was like, hey, you know what, good for her, maybe she's making good changes in her life & I stopped posting in these threads because if it's not constantly shoved in my face then whatever, none of my business. I think she's slipped back into validating herself on twitter and it's probably awful for her mental health. All those people apparently calling over to lead her gently to bed and feed her cornflakes would be better off logging her out of social media and helping her live a more normal life.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I wouldn’t worry @Lanie , she’s just cosplaying a poor this weekend.

ETA I’m sure the MAC strobe cream and urban decay eyeshadow pallets will be out again at some point

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35

☝literally my reaction to seeing the paper. What an utter, self serving prune she is. That smug smile with pumped up filler lips, the £80 hair cut, the tit makeup, and the scaremongering headline.

She is an absolute disgrace, and any media outlet promoting her shill need to go have a word with themselves. What happened to investigative journalism? Why are they printing her twaddle without fact checking a shred of it.

Jack, we know you read here, hi, seriously, you're scum.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
honestly, this is infuriating

I very rarely go on Facebook anymore, but seeing some of you seeing your friends sharing it, I had a quick look and, yeah, three of the more gullible well-meaning people I know have shared it. this tit is spreading far and wide

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I used to get concerned for her health but if her family couldn't give a continental duck about her, why should I.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Seriously, that headline, and the repetition of the fake % increases need reporting to …someone(?? Who??) … now.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
The biggest insult recently when she donated (in her name) the leftover prunes from del Monte. A complete niche food when she could have bought a load of unrinsed tins of beans that are actually versatile for people instead of spunking her money on spoons she doesn’t need and massive christmas trees. And yes, people are allowed to have nice things Jack but when you haven’t paid your taxes it is majorly hypocritical

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
The writer of a piece doesn't choose the headline, but her retweeting it implies she endorses it. Gross.
Exactly. And why couldn’t she have said to that squig, “I didn’t write the headline, but that’s a good point”.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Well, that headline would have terrified me as a child. You're a terrible person, Jack. Glad the comedown will be soon tbh.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.