Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She once suggested salad bag pesto i.e chopping sad/wilting salad leaves up with raw garlic and putting in a jar with olive oil then putting it over pasta like you could pesto. Spaghetti with bits of lettuce doesn’t sound appetising or like pesto. Lettuce is not interchangeable with basil and the pesto flavour is also from the pine nuts and Parmesan. I thought that was a waste of olive oil tbh.
THE PESTO! It's like the one thing that broke me here. She blended a wilted bag of salad with some lemon juice and called it pesto, I guess because it's green? Like vegan nduja mayo didn't bother me in the way that goddam pesto did.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Tankers! Gotcha.

We’re your friends (but we’re not helping)
I have no idea, I confess I searched JM on FB to ensure none of my mates had posted her inflammatory claptrap and this was one of the first results.

As per my aforementioned horrible hipster status I love that stuff but I buy it in the Mediterranean food hall on my road and it's a pretty luxe item so I'm not buying it at the end of the month. Not sure anyone is using rose petal infused jarred goods as a staple but happy to be corrected!

ETA just to be pedantic, those are two different products in case people hadn't noticed, so it's funny AND wrong.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I'm thinking there's going to be the beginnings of a backlash* after the "Poor will starve to death" headline.

It's inflammatory and panic provoking, and her smug chops on the front page don't help either.

I wish they'd used the kumquat pic

*jacklash

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Yes Jack, poor people will suffer because of higher food prices. But cheaper food is not the answer, higher wages and more affordable utilities and housing is.

I’d love someone to reply, when she tweets that Lidl is too far for her ‘it’s not all about you’. How she’s got a national platform when she doesn’t know what she’s talking about is ridiculous, where are the fact checkers?

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Do you think the People could have found a picture of Jack where she looks even more smug? I'm not sure it's quite enough for a headline about poor people starving to death. Nice black outfit though. Much Dylon, v depressed.

Anyway I am owling now because Vlad is suggesting a vital product for the VBI: engagement rings.

vlads suggestion for vbi.png

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Long-time lurker of these threads. She is so disingenuous with what she is doing. I can't believe she has signed off and think it is okay to have that as a front-page cover.

Anyway, after my shift today I went to Asda, and lo and behold they had rice at 45p, pasta at 29p, and spaghetti at 20p.
I wish she would stop cosplaying poverty. Like many on these threads, I grew up in poverty and I work as a nurse in a hospital in a very deprived area. She has no clue whatsoever.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
The day that HMRC go for her unpaid taxes publically will be the day I will probably have to leave tattle as I won’t be able to help crossing over to laugh! Hopefully I get to stay a little longer but am really wondering how she is planning to monetise this current index….. there’s obviously a grift opportunity or she wouldn’t have stuck it for more than a day
It will be "dear newspaper, pay for my research and accompanying article...or I'll give it to XYZ rival publication". And she'll play one paper off against the other, so the editors don't have fomo. That's the monetary lever....

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Does she look like someone who’s worried that ‘the poor will starve to death’ or does that tit eating grin look like someone who is loving all this?!

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
As always when things are going her way, she looks like the cat that got the cream only to find it soured three months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
That headline - how can that be allowed?! She’s a bleeping disgrace. Her enablers are no better.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
How is she a cost of living campaigner? Beyond crowd funding to fund her cost of living what does she actually do?!

Will be interesting to see how the grown ups reply to this ridiculous headline/story. It’s just not true.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Blimey, the hair that's what 3 weeks after a hair cut by the style director

Toni and Guy will be deleting that picture and distancing themselves sharpish.
She looks like hell.
I am actually worried for her health right now.
I'm thinking there's going to be the beginnings of a backlash* after the "Poor will starve to death" headline.

It's inflammatory and panic provoking, and her smug chops on the front page don't help either.

I wish they'd used the kumquat pic

*jacklash
Why do they always pic such awful pics of her. Honestly it's like bullying

• Haha
Reactions: 23
The writer of a piece doesn't choose the headline, but her retweeting it implies she endorses it. Gross.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.