Jack Monroe #244 Why has she turned this into supermarket sweep?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to be clear, I wasn’t dissing Jack’s tattoos, just how she morphs into different people for different audiences.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
‘Naked shameless racketeering’ by supermarkets who are apparently all working together (a highly illegal thing that is subject to codes of conduct with heavy penalties for anti competitive behaviour) but apparently nothing to do with the growth of Aldi and Lidl who have exploded over the last decade and undercut supermarket value ranges offering a wide variety of foods at the lowest prices in the market and who she just ignores or pretends don’t exist to suit her narrative

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Lads, calm yourselves. I know she is infuriating but we have to get through this
She has to rise before she can fall.
The higher she climbs, the giddier she becomes. Then she'll do something stupid and her lies will be all the more public. She'll face questioning from people who actually know what they're talking about and it will start an avalanche of backlash against her.
She's publicly named and shamed supermarkets and they really won't like that. They will have a response and it will be well researched by people who actually know what they are talking about.
Oh and it will definitely be the taxman or taxmanlady that brings her down. She'll either get in serious poo for not filing and face public scrutiny for it or she will file and the lies about how much she earns will be made public.
We just have to wait.
Totally agree, just regretting not getting a vat of popcorn in whilst all this goes down. I don't know if I should go to Asda and pay £406.87 for 10kg or Sainsbury's and pay 609.98 for 13kg. Any thoughts or should I ask Jack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I am a lurker, I follow several threads on Tattle but don’t reply as I don’t want to be accused of bullying (as work for NHS) so this is my first post but I’ve been a Tattle lurker since the first lockdown and this is the first time I’ve ever felt enraged enough to post. I’m still grunking my way through the last thread and just want to say HOW DARE SHE? Some of us have actual issues, don’t eat enough and use what little income they get (supported by UC) to take care of their children. I don’t have the luxury of shopping around. I live in a city centre and shop daily at the express versions of the big TWO. It’s all I have time for because I WORK, BUSY, etc etc. I get yellow sticker items when I can but otherwise it’s nutritionally balanced basic meals that I actually cook rather than just melting everything into inedible slop. I don’t whine about it. I don’t have a tip jar. I just get on with it like a lot of people living in less-than-ideal circumstances do. Sorry if my incandescence shines through but she is so full of tit and I wish I could call her out. She knows nothing about struggle. Back to continue grunking last thread now kids are asleep. Hi by the way.
Hi,

Despite what is said about us we are friendly.
She is soo full of rubbish and I agree with everything you said 100%

• Heart
Reactions: 43
‘Naked shameless racketeering’ by supermarkets who are apparently all working together (a highly illegal thing that is subject to codes of conduct with heavy penalties for anti competitive behaviour) but apparently nothing to do with the growth of Aldi and Lidl who have exploded over the last decade and undercut supermarket value ranges offering a wide variety of foods at the lowest prices in the market and who she just ignores or pretends don’t exist to suit her narrative
She completely missed the trick by steering clear of Aldi and Lidl. Unless of course, they did their homework and wouldn't touch her with a barge pole (and told her so too!). Hence her ignoring them.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
im going to stop looking after this, but can someone help me understand what she is saying?

" This time last year, the cheapest rice at the same supermarket was 45p for a kilogram bag. Today it’s £1 for 500g. That’s a 344% price increase as it hits the poorest and most vulnerable households. "

what??!!
This was asked of Jack. Their answer was that they shop at Asda therefore a 45p bag from sainsbutys is not a valid argument.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Just to be clear, I wasn’t dissing Jack’s tattoos, just how she morphs into different people for different audiences.
Absolutely she does. Reckon the whole weekend with no sleep helps a lot in terms of creating that whole ‘hardworking mum who’s just looking out for her fellow poors’ aesthetic.
No sign of any eye make-up artistry or expensive suits for this particular piece.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Just for a bit of light relief, I was grunking backwards looking for something and (about a month ago) we had “found pottery” Jack, who was laying out broken pieces of porcelain found at the beach with a view to selling photos of it....

• Haha
Reactions: 53
so, if she recreated the original £10 shop for the mirror this weekend and discovered it is now £17... where is it? normally these kind of articles are actually illustrated by photos of the claims made, not just "bread, jam and soup have gone up in 10 years, can you believe it?!"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I hope I’m allowed to do this as it’s from the last thread and is quoting a Tattle user…

But yes actually I know Hunger by Knut Hamsun quite well. I studied him when I was at university doing Scandinavian Studies, I still have my copy from yonks ago and the comparison is hilarious 😂 I would take photos but my possessions are currently with a domestically violent ex partner. He thinks it’s “sad” that Tattle is my hobby, I think it’s fun and a bit of a distraction until you get so pissed off you actually post!

Please mods don’t ban me for not quite knowing all the rules yet. If this post is not allowed please feel free to delete.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.