Jack Monroe #243 She isn't poor, she chooses not to work

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Feed the Poor's tuppence a bag, Mary Poppins thread title

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I dreamt I was weaning baby daughter again and I gave her cheesy fish on toast (I would never do this). Her first words were ‘cheesy fish’ which she shouted gleefully.
I’ve woken up with a terrible headache.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Aw I laughed but actually that’s sad, a lot of people will think she’ll follow through and some good will be done. 😵
I imagine she follows through often with the squatty potty and all the yellow sticker rainbow stew

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I wonder if Asda will put a do not serve this customer sign on their door. She's picking on them because she's local.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
New thread is ready to go by the way, just trying to get this one over the finish line.

I bet Jack is going to do that thing where you wake up and remember what you’ve done, like propose a new economic index spearheaded by yourself. Relatable.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Re school uniform she’s full of shite, school items are far more affordable now (said as someone who received clothing vouchers as a kid, my mum is so impressed now if a bit sad it wasn’t the case back then).

Plus I was able to buy some items for my own kids from Aldi (both special buy and bargain bin) which were high quality and under £2.

agree the costs increase as kids get older and start to notice brand names, but it’s clear that’s not something she has to worry about for SB.

the whole endeavour has fucked me off.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.