Jack Monroe #243 She isn't poor, she chooses not to work

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry lads, skipping ahead again, just wanted to say re the FT piece: If someone like her was trying to publicly school me in my discipline, on twitter, via endless anecdata and multiple logical fallacies I'd invite them to write for my national paper as well, call their bluff.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Sorry, I’m still grunking and it’s already late, and I know we’ve moved on from this, so sorry if this lands in an inappropriate place.

Buuut, omg Jack going on about the dine in for £10 deal thing, aghh! I know others have already mentioned this, but it’s been on my mind.

Me and one of my friends, one of us earns minimum wage, the other, just above that, and quite often we do get that deal. It’s great, we have a movie night, one us of on the phone while the other is is Tesco, trying to decide what to have. We spilt the cost, and often even have, gasp, Prosecco.

None of it is essential, and I really am just mithering now, but it just shows how out of touch Jack is. Of course neither me or my friend are in poverty, thankfully, but we both have to be so careful, and we love a treat and a bargain.

Also, ugh, solidarity with the other Pratchett fraus ❤
How very bourgeois. Don’t you realise that Jack and her £67 (adjusted for inflation) pack of value rice is subsiding you for that?!

Shame on you 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Lads lads I cannot believe I didn’t think of checking this earlier...just searched “smart price” on the Asda groceries site - 90 results (it displays funny but you can kind of see) so she hasn’t counted any growers choice edit- farm stores (27 items low cost fruit veg meat)
Good news still a quid for 20 bollock sausages

61D78A8C-D5D8-4693-BBB7-DFED271A21EC.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
This has finally enraged me enough to stop lurking.

My MP has retweeted Jack's stupid thread. Would it be over the top to write to her regarding it? As someone on UC and PIP 🔺, times are scary enough right now and I did not vote for her to further this scaremongering bollocks. We don't even have an ASDA, 45p/kg rice aplenty round here.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
omg still grunking, sorry.

I don’t know how to say this without sounding like I’m sucking up, so I’ll just be real.

Thank you @Silver Linings for all your screenshots and for being so sensitive and thoughtful with your spoilers, it’s so appreciated.

Thank you too @Marmalade Atkins for your screenshots and alll the archive receipts, without you and Silver we’d have nothing to talk about.

And thank you @Pocahontas for keeping us on track omg! Another friend of mine is a moderator for a Facebook group and it is CHAOS! After speaking to that person I have a whole new appreciation for what you do.

I really hope this doesn’t come across as too sucking-up, because I think/hope I can speak for us all, it just dawned on me how when there’s a full-on chaos, there are some really cool people making sure we can chat about it as easily as we do.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
omg still grunking, sorry.

I don’t know how to say this without sounding like I’m sucking up, so I’ll just be real.

Thank you @Silver Linings for all your screenshots and for being so sensitive and thoughtful with your spoilers, it’s so appreciated.

Thank you too @Marmalade Atkins for your screenshots and alll the archive receipts, without you and Silver we’d have nothing to talk about.

And thank you @Pocahontas for keeping us on track omg! Another friend of mine is a moderator for a Facebook group and it is CHAOS! After speaking to that person I have a whole new appreciation for what you do.

I really hope this doesn’t come across as too sucking-up, because I think/hope I can speak for us all, it just dawned on me how when there’s a full-on chaos, there are some really cool people making sure we can chat about it as easily as we do.
Aww Sidey B, it’s just such a relief to have acknowledgment that we haven’t all gone mad. I remember many times over the years watching Jack do chaos after chaos and land on her feet every time and it starts to get you down when nobody else sees it.

I often ponder quite what was missed pre screenshot days. 🤔🤔

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Wrong thread Alan and get back in your lain. We all know she guts the crappy bungalow with a Sph2onge and pink stuff at least once year. Tonsa luv xoxo 💋
Spine bright ma lovelie 💎

I have just found a 2005 Index (littlewoods) catalogue.

So if anyone would like me to calculate inflation since 2005, please give me an item. I will compare the item with one currently in the Argos catalogue.

Please let me know if you want big inflation or little inflation as it will influence the item I select to compare.
There isn’t an Argos near me can you do cost of a time machine + Littlewoods + inflation - interest on several missed payments on the old catalogue, cheers that will be more accurate

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Ok then all, let's wrap up by counting the actions she's taken or planned so far that will yield tangible benefits, yes?

Ummmm..,.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Grunkaing, but if she got so little for her £20 shop, why does she need a giant arse rucksack and her Nanna trolley? I used to manage a full shop with just my trolley and maybe a bag if I had more delicate stuff.
Cost me £1.75 to have an Asda shop delivered the other day 🔺that leaves £3.25 from her bus fare to spend on spoons

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Ok so I’m a little bit drunk but thinking of how Jack is trying to jump onto Vimes‘ boots analogy*.
Jack just reminds me of the wizards in Discworld, all bullshit and bluster. We, of course, are the witches, with our Headology, and so is Chris and the accountant guy.

With that being said, and in the interests of fairness, Sir Terry’s daughter retweeted Jack.

CD9ACE02-A940-4E4B-B2B6-54A9B61BF6E3.jpeg

*here’s the actual quote, about a character called Vimes from a Terry Pratchett novel -

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I just can’t believe we’re having to put up with all of this because Jack’s dad won’t give her a lift up to Lidl, or the IRL Asda and she’s losing her tit and going viral because Asda don’t do smart price rice online

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.