Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RamblerOfLandandMouth

Well beautiful tattle folk it's been a while and I need to catch up but I come bearing gifts (if not already shared) saw this and knew I had to come here ... the comments are special
Screenshot_20220121-165538_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-165507_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-165502_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-165718_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20220121-165538_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 134
Long time lurker here. Economist Jack has finally tipped me over the edge. I have an advanced degree in Econ from Oxbridge (fancy and I also consume a lot of Champagne in my NW1 flat) similar to the FT dude and just what the absolute heck. Her argument makes no sense on so many levels and only leads to people panicking? Like there are a bazillion of credible! statistics out there on food price inflation in the UK. Including a recent article in the FT that break it out and food is not the main driver. And I am not even getting into the 340% price increase of rice. Yes, if our are poorer an increase in food prices hits you way harder and the universal credit system etc needs reforming but this won't be achieved if a manic low achiever without any training in any profession whatsoever rages incoherently about her own fake poverty story ffs. It's complex. Sorry for the rant.

• Heart
Reactions: 129

colouredlines

VIP Member
How did I fall behind by a thread and a half in one day?! Long way to catch up, I'm still at the stage where Jack believes that the British government has a sinister secret plan to literally starve the poor to death by raising the price of tinned spaghetti (while the rich chow down on daily ready meals? Being rich is not as glamorous as I thought...).

I'm sure I've said it before, but Jack's level of political discourse is basically a teenager saying "OK HITLER" to their mum because she's asked them to tidy their room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
In our last thread
-The blueticker wall has fallen. Yesterday it was “thanks H” to Hugh Grant, today it’s retweets by Mom.
-One plucky accountant challenged Jack’s Jackonomics thread.
-All queries were originally met with the excuse that prices were based on Jack’s Local Supermarket. The sun was hardly on the wane when snark attack Jack appeared. All queries are now rebutted with Jack’s “lived experience” of being poor where she had to use socks and free newspapers as sanitary towels. Or something. There’s more she hasn’t revealed 🙄
-The Editor of the Financial Times gently, carefully tried to tell Jack she was wrong. You in trouble, girl! She threatened to apply for a job. Job requirements- experienced economist interested in journalism. Snigger.
-just when it all seemed too much to bear, WHO DAT appeared on BBC news dressed as Karen Monroe and then showed the makeshift studio created in one of her bathrooms. She has a squ@tty p0tty worth around £60. Always wanted to picture that, thanks Jack.
-It seems so long ago, but after staying up all night taking the mascaras and palettes out of the apothecary draws and putting tea in them, Jack rearranged the kitchen to look like a 70s themed nightmare. With Burberry scarf in full view.
-she didn’t go to bed last nigh, so now she’s been awake 41 hours 🙃 LBC tomorrow!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97

ChocolateMuffin

VIP Member
I've kept extremely quiet about this due to deeply personal reasons. It's one of the mains reasons I took a break from the thread a few months ago as I found the discussions around it triggering and needed some time to restock and book into an aparthotel.

My name is ChocolateMuffin and I have two vintage rag rugs.

I love them and I'm not even sorry.

I WOULD, HOWEVER, NOT DREAM OF PUTTING ONE IN A KITCHEN OR EVEN DOWNSTAIRS IN A HIGH TRAFFIC AREA. Absolute proof if ever we needed it that she's a wrong un.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
She'll commit atrocities to their infamous prawn ring.

Go on, just imagine Jack saying 'prawn ring'. Let that sink in. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Imagine the advert
Jack: “Prawn ring £5.23
Director: “Cut. Jack the line is prawn ring £2”
Jack: “The bus fare to Iceland is £3 for me and it’s an extra 23p for inflation I’ve calculated it so I think you’ll find Mr Oxford educated director that I am correct with my pricing”
Director: “Has anyone got Kerry Katona’s phone number?”

• Haha
Reactions: 93
Just took a little look at Chrismate's Twitter. Gosh, no wonder no one ever dares to question JM publicly. His well-sourced tweets with credible links were answered by accusations of mansplaining, that he's not right to use certain phrases in his piece, that he's only missing luxury goods, not food on the table, etc. It just got immediately personal.

I'm not an economics Frau and I can't be bothered to look into any of this in great detail, because my issue is not with how much a bag of noodles costs, but why we have such a fucked up society. However, I find it utterly depressing that personal attacks get directed at a journalist who seems to be a literal expert on the topic. She is the Trump of budget cooking.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 90

Yel

Chatty Member
Probably been posted, but just noticed as she tweeted it again

Screenshot_20220121-094928_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 90

Hollaaa

VIP Member
This squig gets it (same squig both comments). Will be interesting to see likes/responses pan out.
Same squig.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 88
In our last thread
-The blueticker wall has fallen. Yesterday it was “thanks H” to Hugh Grant, today it’s retweets by Mom.
-One plucky accountant challenged Jack’s Jackonomics thread.
All queries were originally met with the excuse that prices were based on Jack’s Local Supermarket. The sun was hardly on the wane when snark attack Jack appeared. All queries are now rebutted with Jack’s “lived experience” of being poor where she had to use socks and free newspapers as sanitary towels. Or something.
-The Editor of the Financial Times gently, carefully tried to tell Jack she was wrong. You in trouble, girl! She threatened to apply for a job. Job requirements- experienced economist interested in journalism. Snigger.
-just when it all seemed too much to bear, WHO DAT appeared on BBC news dressed as Karen Monroe and then showed the makeshift studio created in one of her bathrooms. She has a
squatty potty
worth around £60. Always wanted to picture that, thanks Jack.
-It seems so long ago, but after staying up all night taking the mascaras and palettes out of the apothecary draws and putting tea in them, Jack rearranged the kitchen to look like a 70s themed nightmare. With Burberry scarf in full view.
-she didn’t go to bed last nigh, so now she’s been awake 41 hours 🙃 LBC tomorrow!
You are a ⭐ Hotes because that is one hell of a recap. So much has happened in such a short time.

I found a couple of wtf tweets regarding Jack.
Screenshot_20220121-000938_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220121-000837_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 87

Falkor

VIP Member
[
@People-huv-tae-know was talking about Scottish heating bills at the end of the last thread. In the Highlands there's still quite widespread use of a tariff called Total Heating Total Control, which has two meters, one for normal electricity and a second circuit for all your storage heaters which is on a cheaper rate but is only given power at the times of day SSE deems it coldest in your area - you get between 5 and 12 hours of power on it.

SSE is stopping supporting it soon and will be switching everyone onto single meters and new tariffs. Our 3 bed house uses approximately 12,000 kwh a year with us both working from home and we currently pay £239 a month. I can't even get estimates from the comparison sites on what it's going to go up to from April, but going by the estimates I've seen friends getting on normal meters, I'm expecting to be paying around £500 a month. Hopefully not as much as this poor lady in Shetland, who got the below from SSE last week.
20220121_082530.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 86

Emmapism

VIP Member
So because I've never nibbled on a stock cube I can't tell you that you CAN get 1kg of rice for 45p? Righto.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
omg still grunking, sorry.

I don’t know how to say this without sounding like I’m sucking up, so I’ll just be real.

Thank you @Silver Linings for all your screenshots and for being so sensitive and thoughtful with your spoilers, it’s so appreciated.

Thank you too @Marmalade Atkins for your screenshots and alll the archive receipts, without you and Silver we’d have nothing to talk about.

And thank you @Pocahontas for keeping us on track omg! Another friend of mine is a moderator for a Facebook group and it is CHAOS! After speaking to that person I have a whole new appreciation for what you do.

I really hope this doesn’t come across as too sucking-up, because I think/hope I can speak for us all, it just dawned on me how when there’s a full-on chaos, there are some really cool people making sure we can chat about it as easily as we do.

• Heart

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I know it’s a bit spill the tea or put the teacup down. My friend tweeted a somewhat anti Jack tweet nothing malicious or anything like that, but they’re getting a lot of tweets in agreement. I’d share but I don’t want them getting piled on because of me. I’d be careful if I was Jack she might be getting praised off the blue tick brigade but there’s a lot of people starting to see what her game is.

• Heart