Jack Monroe #243 She isn't poor, she chooses not to work

Will we ever see the broccoli pasta recipe?

• Please leave me alone

Votes: 87 27.5%
  • You’re stressing me out mate

Votes: 90 28.5%
  • Have a lovely day. x

Votes: 18 5.7%
  • He’s DEAD

Votes: 105 33.2%
  • Thankyou

Votes: 16 5.1%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Title by @Peachy9 Nommed by @Raker

Please keep thread titles until the tail end of the thread, no swearing, and pls add ‘thread title’ or ‘thread title nomination’.

Wiki is the pink button for newbies.

Having hit the Jackmonroepot with her life changing, er, Twitter thread and spent the day arguing with the economics editor of the FT and tweeting her kerrazy kitchen Jack has hopefully finally softly, gently, gone to bed.

A proper recap would be appreciated, as would the words squatty and potty never being uttered again. 🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I know it’s a bit spill the tea or put the teacup down. My friend tweeted a somewhat anti Jack tweet nothing malicious or anything like that, but they’re getting a lot of tweets in agreement. I’d share but I don’t want them getting piled on because of me. I’d be careful if I was Jack she might be getting praised off the blue tick brigade but there’s a lot of people starting to see what her game is.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
I know it’s a bit spill the tea or put the teacup down. My friend tweeted a somewhat anti Jack tweet nothing malicious or anything like that, but they’re getting a lot of tweets in agreement. I’d share but I don’t want them getting piled on because of me. I’d be careful if I was Jack she might be getting praised off the blue tick brigade but there’s a lot of people starting to see what her game is.
Your friend sounds like a good 'un ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 36
In our last thread
-The blueticker wall has fallen. Yesterday it was “thanks H” to Hugh Grant, today it’s retweets by Mom.
-One plucky accountant challenged Jack’s Jackonomics thread.
-All queries were originally met with the excuse that prices were based on Jack’s Local Supermarket. The sun was hardly on the wane when snark attack Jack appeared. All queries are now rebutted with Jack’s “lived experience” of being poor where she had to use socks and free newspapers as sanitary towels. Or something. There’s more she hasn’t revealed 🙄
-The Editor of the Financial Times gently, carefully tried to tell Jack she was wrong. You in trouble, girl! She threatened to apply for a job. Job requirements- experienced economist interested in journalism. Snigger.
-just when it all seemed too much to bear, WHO DAT appeared on BBC news dressed as Karen Monroe and then showed the makeshift studio created in one of her bathrooms. She has a squ@tty p0tty worth around £60. Always wanted to picture that, thanks Jack.
-It seems so long ago, but after staying up all night taking the mascaras and palettes out of the apothecary draws and putting tea in them, Jack rearranged the kitchen to look like a 70s themed nightmare. With Burberry scarf in full view.
-she didn’t go to bed last nigh, so now she’s been awake 41 hours 🙃 LBC tomorrow!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 97
In our last thread
-The blueticker wall has fallen. Yesterday it was “thanks H” to Hugh Grant, today it’s retweets by Mom.
All queries were originally met with the excuse that prices were based on Jack’s Local Supermarket. The sun was hardly on the wane when snark attack Jack appeared. All queries are now rebutted with Jack’s “lived experience” of being poor where she had to use socks and free newspapers as sanitary towels. Or something.
-The Editor of the Financial Times gently, carefully tried to tell Jack she was wrong. You in trouble, girl! She threatened to apply for a job. Job requirements- experienced economist interested in journalism. Snigger.
-just when it all seemed too much to bear, WHO DAT appeared on BBC news dressed as Karen Monroe and then showed the makeshift studio created in one of her bathrooms. She has a
squatty potty
worth around £60. Always wanted to picture that, thanks Jack.
-It seems so long ago, but after staying up all night taking the mascaras and palettes out of the apothecary draws and putting tea in them, Jack rearranged the kitchen to look like a 70s themed nightmare. With Burberry scarf in full view.
-she didn’t go to bed last nigh, so now she’s been awake 41 hours 🙃 LBC tomorrow!
You are a ⭐ Hotes because that is one hell of a recap. So much has happened in such a short time.

I found a couple of wtf tweets regarding Jack.
Screenshot_20220121-000938_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220121-000837_Twitter.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
In our last thread
-All queries were originally met with the excuse that prices were based on Jack’s Local Supermarket. The sun was hardly on the wane when snark attack Jack appeared. All queries are now rebutted with Jack’s “lived experience” of being poor where she had to use socks and free newspapers as sanitary towels. Or something. There’s more she hasn’t revealed 🙄
-just when it all seemed too much to bear, WHO DAT appeared on BBC news dressed as Karen Monroe and then showed the makeshift studio created in one of her bathrooms. She has a squ@tty p0tty worth around £60. Always wanted to picture that, thanks Jack.

1642724393806.gif

ETA: removed my previous allegations until I can find the time (I’ve been BUSY) to do my proper homework and find the LITERAL RECEIPTS….(I am not Jack)

As you were.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
There’s a media section in the wiki (tab top left ) where you can just upload screenshots. I think it’s worth us uploading some of the “repeat offender” ones like the ones someone did a few threads ago. I need to do some Jig to wake me up.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I’ve chucked a few “rattle rattle” examples in media and tagged them “PayPal” I will look for some more because it really helps if the date is captured.
Edit - can’t be arsed

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
What is the record for fastest completed thread? I am guessing it will be around thread 31 but that last one must have been close?

Reactions: 36
P.s. I commented a while ago saying I was waiting for an ADHD assessment and that part of my fascination with Jack is that she's everything I don't want to be. Anyhoo, I've been diagnosed and I'm taking medication. It's been great so far and I have more hope for the future than I have in a long time. Sorry to me-rail, I just wonder of there are others like me here. If so, I really recommend trying to access a assessment, or some other form of support.
Hello, we have a thread for ADHD diagnosed in adulthood, it’s in off-topic!

What is the record for fastest completed thread? I am guessing it will be around thread 31 but that last one must have been close?
Probably Jan 2021, we were doing a thread a day max for a while during covid/free school meals/Rishi mate
Edit Jan 13 2021 we had two threads that day

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
How did I fall behind by a thread and a half in one day?! Long way to catch up, I'm still at the stage where Jack believes that the British government has a sinister secret plan to literally starve the poor to death by raising the price of tinned spaghetti (while the rich chow down on daily ready meals? Being rich is not as glamorous as I thought...).

I'm sure I've said it before, but Jack's level of political discourse is basically a teenager saying "OK HITLER" to their mum because she's asked them to tidy their room.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
How did I fall behind by a thread and a half in one day?! Long way to catch up, I'm still at the stage where Jack believes that the British government has a sinister secret plan to literally starve the poor to death by raising the price of tinned spaghetti (while the rich chow down on daily ready meals? Being rich is not as glamorous as I thought...).

I'm sure I've said it before, but Jack's level of political discourse is basically a teenager saying "OK HITLER" to their mum because she's asked them to tidy their room.
Oh man you are in for a ride, the hair and makeup!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Whew, I've caught up.

Jan 19 8.39pm Had put self to bed earlier and ended up having convulsions so was going to go for a sleep.
Jan 20 10.30pm (26 hours later) has been awake for 41 hours.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Whew, I've caught up.

Jan 19 8.39pm Had put self to bed earlier and ended up having convulsions so was going to go for a sleep.
Jan 20 10.30pm (26 hours later) has been awake for 41 hours.
Yes an interesting way to deal with a migraine with aura and convulsions. Most people with either of them (in my case with migraines) take strong medication and need sleep, if not rest. Not bouncing around decorating kitchens and on twitter for 24 hours.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
A Facebook friend who is a good person apart from sharing without checking has just posted this.

And I thought I was safe there. Off to Duolingo- hope I don't have to translate I sold the lightbulbs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.