Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how many people with the surname Hadjicostas are on their knees praising whomever they praise that she DID change her name.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Whilst this is all very unbearably delicious and I can’t look away, I can’t help but feel a bit sad that she is so clearly very unwell again. Her parents and SB must be so exhausted and sad.
Even though Jack is being an ubercunt I hope she will have support for the inevitable crash.

Reactions: 26
To my north eastern ear her accent is difficult to listen to.

she has no idea, literally no idea about economics. Maybe that’s the pretend degree she should have done.
All her pricing is based on HER nearest supermarket. In a upmarket area in the SOUTH OF ENGLAND. It’s nonsense. Maybe they only sell large bags of rice BECAUSE THATS ALL PEOPLE WHO LIVE THERE bleeping BUY. Supply and demand - look it up.

also I’ve been thinking of the Charlie Bingham thing which she is too dim to understand. There is obviously a ceiling price for these things, and they are probably losing money compare to what they earned before. Which probably means tightening their companies belts, which might mean people out of work. But they probably can’t put the prices up without going out of business. She has no idea how complex these things are I’m sure.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
181C0F30-7470-4AF6-B633-4735EF0BB152.jpeg

I was watching bbc london there on the off chance and the real story here is that it is being built with only one set of stairs I believe and the fire commissioner is not happy about this for obvious reasons but obviously fire fighter Jack isn’t making an appearance today thankfully

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Mine didn't pick anything up.
I have been thinking you're addressing someone in here as THE QUEEN aka MA'AM
and been very confused.
I DID A CHAOS amongst the chaos!

In Jack land I am just SO bleeping ANGRY
how does she have the BARE FACED AUDACITY to cosplay poverty
with crappy inaccurate data.

Reactions: 31
If you haven't used a sock as a sanitary towel you aren't allowed to be the economics editor of the financial times, sorry thats the rules. Quite specific but I didnt make them.
Period poverty is truly awful, but every time I think of a sock as a sanitary towel it makes me laugh for some reason

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
View attachment 1002965
I was watching bbc london there on the off chance and the real story here is that it is being built with only one set of stairs I believe and the fire commissioner is not happy about this for obvious reasons but obviously fire fighter Jack isn’t making an appearance today thankfully
Yes this has been a huge story, only 400m away from Grenfell. I cringed when I saw it partly because I was expecting Station Officer Jack to pop up but she’s missed it entirely except for this hilarious dad joke.

Reactions: 41
Period poverty is truly awful, but every time I think of a sock as a sanitary towel it makes me laugh for some reason
I think it's the old saying "put a sock in it" that is the problem. That and the fact that it is Jack saying it. You can't take anything she says seriously.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Why would you nibble on a stock cube? It would do nothing to stave off hunger.

As I said, we were poor growing up, my Nan lived opposite the school gate, so we would go there for lunch. Often it was an OXO cube dissolved in boiling water with a slice of bread. Now that staved off hunger.
My husband still eats that, he loves it

• Haha
Reactions: 13
We all know she loves kitten engagement on socials so she was probably kitten-sitting for a few days and made a massive deal out of it and Mini has gone to her forever home.

I think Mini has gone over the rainbow bridge, with dash and pretzel.
If they’d been given away or if she was just mini sitting she’d have told everyone-
The fact Jackie gal hasn’t says to me something bad has happened- she’s keeping quiet to stop being attacked for taking them in in the 1st place

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
The big 4 retailers and the two largest discounters called it about 8 years ago - the rise of the savvy shopper. Access to the internet was a game changer in surfing prices. I know if you can’t afford a phone and contract don‘t be giving me this but this can mean sharing a phone’s Info quickly or go to the library (thank god still available most places). Savvy shoppers look where two litre milk is on offer (loss leader and that’s why dairy farmers get squeezed) and bananas is another example that are interestingly cheap given how far they’re transported. They clock that and go there for their staples shop. So if Asda is not winning or matching on price they’re likely doing It on pasta. That’s why retailer loyalty is unusual. And that’s why store situation is forensically (aaargh) researched so they can be accessed by as many people as possible, cos they hop elsewhere if the prices change. And hey not sorry for the businesses but if you don’t sell it the stuff goes off and you have to pay for disposal. I’d need to see up to date research on shopping habits but I’m pretty sure that one person doing her shop in the Southend Asda wont add much to future thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
That's interesting.
I have a lot of health issues, 2 of which mean that I don't always absorb all the nutrients from my food. I'm supposed to drink rehydration powers if I'm feeling weak or faint but they are 🤮. My gastroenterology nurse said to drink oxo in a cup of boiling water instead. It pretty much has the same effect as the dioralyte, but is quite yummy!
It’s a standard drink in the north.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.