Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why would every other room in the house be too awful to be seen on video call, you only see a bit of wall behind you. Lovely big living room, lovely big dining room. She's so full of poverty cosplaying tit, it's sickening

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Oh. Has she already been on?
yes, was briefly on just before the 6pm news. You could probably catch it on BBC sounds. The only slightly unusual thing was that she mentioned about not being able to find out the 700 items that made up the RPI , that you couldn't find the full list anywhere. Am sure 30 seconds of googling and you can get the list easy enough. Obvious too hard for a smol pixie.
(Back to grunking).

Reactions: 38
That's interesting.
I have a lot of health issues, 2 of which mean that I don't always absorb all the nutrients from my food. I'm supposed to drink rehydration powers if I'm feeling weak or faint but they are 🤮. My gastroenterology nurse said to drink oxo in a cup of boiling water instead. It pretty much has the same effect as the dioralyte, but is quite yummy!
Also works for hangovers 🤣🤣

It's the salt content that gives you a lovely boost..I remember snugly up on coach watching catchphrase in a nylon nightie with my dad having a nightly mug 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Didn’t she do a piece in the guardian where she said SB’s dad was the kindest person she knew!?
Oh you bless you for your newness! I almost envy you for your eyes being opened.
Yes, SB's dad was both absent and yet present. He also lived with her and did absolutely everything whilst she recovered from her C section. He then had him 4 days a week as a newborn whilst also paying very generous child support. There is no way on earth that child starved or froze or wore too small for him shoes (as Jack claimed)
I would recommend having Tattle open on two different tabs. One to keep current and one to Grunk through from thread #1
You will then be truly enlightened.
You will also learn the origin and meaning of 'Grunk'

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I had a bit of a blip over Christmas and lost a few days. Took me ages to get over it too. I am old enough to know better, but no point in beating myself up over it.

I am sure I am not on my own on these threads at being able to pick up on all the tell tale signs. Years of experience within the drug culture and you notice in others the effects of all sorts of drugs and the excuses made to pretend these effects are not the result of taking drugs.

Not making any judgements here, but it's as plain as the nose on an unfiltered face.
It's a really comfy place to be and facing cold hard reality is difficult sometimes. I think we are of a similar age, sir, so we can just agree that it's a bit sad that someone who claims to be over her addictions is still being given a platform to be the face of poverty whilst spunking patreon donations on snow?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Me trying to get to the current page in this thread...

I had a bit of a blip over Christmas and lost a few days. Took me ages to get over it too. I am old enough to know better, but no point in beating myself up over it.

I am sure I am not on my own on these threads at being able to pick up on all the tell tale signs. Years of experience within the drug culture and you notice in others the effects of all sorts of drugs and the excuses made to pretend these effects are not the result of taking drugs.

Not making any judgements here, but it's as plain as the nose on an unfiltered face.
I agree. If you know, then - you know. It's no wonder she struggles with budgeting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Has anyone here read Hunger by Knut Hamsun? The often hilarious lengths the character goes to, for food, are NOTHING on Jack.
I often think of it when she recalls her tales of woe.
The main character in the book tries to sell buttons off his coat, pawn his broken specs and when eventually gets the chance to write a newspaper piece, he can’t do it.
Would recommend it to Jack if she’s running dry on ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
[Goes to bed on Page 3 of a new thread]

[Comes back in after work and logs on.....]

I just can't.

However, if she's now super duper famous and thinks she's about to be on the end of the fame and fortune she believes is her absolute right, what she needs to bear in mind is that there can be more interest in checking out the claims and other circumstances. Which means more searching online. Which means the sideboards and the alcohol and the J.1g and the Urban Decay and the screenshots and everything else is going to be looked at.

Which makes it an easy way to negate anything vaguely of merit - she'll discredit herself through her own words and automatically discredit any actual truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
This is by far the worst she has ever been and I was there for the great Stalker Thread 2021 and #thunderclapforcarers. I know I said I was retiring from the Jackademy of Mathematics but like The People's Slop Princess, my need to do forensic research will not be stifled by my inability to actually do maths. The past 24 hours have given us vital data which proves beyond doubt my hypothesis, namely that it is possible with sufficient g of attention for a person to achieve more than 100% unbearability. An astonishing achievement.

new research.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
not being able to find out the 700 items that made up the RPI , that you couldn't find the full list anywhere. Am sure 30 seconds of googling and you can get the list easy enough. Obvious too hard for a smol pixie.
(Back to grunking).
you google it and the first result is the page to download the spreadsheet :lol: I looked at it earlier to see if soup was on it

i dont think she's qualified or skilled enough to do anything but bait on twitter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Re: the Big Mac thing, was she saying that as part of things she did? It's laughable to me that her parents were 'always supportive' and the second they found out about her visiting a food bank ONCE they were at her door with a big shop, but rather than pop round theirs for dinner she was allegedly stealing half eaten Big Macs from a bin 🤔 Sure, Jan. Eating from a bin is extreme, extreme levels of desperation. She has never even come close.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
As some of you know on here we had quite a few years of being actually poor (not now, so I can't comment on current benefits etc).

I used to buy the biggest packs I could, you can buy 5kg bags of pasta cheap, big packs of oats, huge bags of spuds etc (why buy 500g when I can buy a much bigger pack for not much more?). Every month I would try and buy one extra big item to keep my cupboards stocked up. Me and my friend would go bargain hunting on an evening, taking it in turns to drive so we shared the cost, 10p loaves of bread, 20p packs of meat, all stashed in the freezer. Frozen veg is good as it doesn't spoil. We used to go to MacDonalds as they ran a free toddler morning where you got free coffee and snacks and it was warm, we never ate there, we ate at home afterwards. What I'm trying to say is that she has no idea how to live cheaply, or how genuinely hard up people live.

Something Jack will never be part of our understand is that on a Sunday we would pool out resources and cook as huge Sunday lunch together for both families. Much cheaper and good fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
All Facebook should be zipped up tight, especially if you have a narc mother of your child who has a Twitter chaos on the regular.
Oh agreed.
Absolutely everything I've found out about her has been from her own SM posts and Google.
I actually 🔺️ him a while ago (likes football, big coffee shop chain manager, younger children etc) but didn't comment on here about it. Then she names him on IG and it just confirmed who he was. SB and siblings all over his SM. Nothing huge or exciting, except that he was fuming about her changing SB's surname to Monroe without telling him.
He also has a photography website. SB is literally the poster child for the company. Splashed all over the website and the SM accounts for the business.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Sorry, wasn’t Anna Soubry part of the government that brought in the cuts that led Jack to such grinding poverty?
Still catching up but I saw this and nearly threw my phone across the room. Anna Soubry is a literal Tory!!

Reactions: 20
Re: the Big Mac thing, was she saying that as part of things she did? It's laughable to me that her parents were 'always supportive' and the second they found out about her visiting a food bank ONCE they were at her door with a big shop, but rather than pop round theirs for dinner she was allegedly stealing half eaten Big Macs from a bin 🤔 Sure, Jan. Eating from a bin is extreme, extreme levels of desperation. She has never even come close.
I have seen two versions of the Big Mac story. In one version she ate the burger and in the other version she almost ate it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Whilst this is all very unbearably delicious and I can’t look away, I can’t help but feel a bit sad that she is so clearly very unwell again. Her parents and SB must be so exhausted and sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.