Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for all my quotes etc, but on a grunk.

She costed her carrot and lentil dip based on one carrot from a 500gr bag

And why oh why did she do all of this whilst holding onto that hideous blue dress?!
1.5 kilo carrots Tesco 45p

• Heart
Reactions: 23
She’s sooo bad.

I just read her ‘holding my breath when I put my PIN in’ tweet...but she thinks nothing of renting a house much bigger than she needs? Thinks nothing of having multiple pets which is a big, long term financial commitment? Thinks nothing of buying rubbish constantly?

She really is full of tit. I know this could be construed as me saying poor people don’t deserve nice things but it really isn’t. We were poor growing up, although I wouldn’t call it poverty in our case. I feel anxiety around money and just don’t understand how hers starts and ends at the checkout and effects her in no other area. It’s a bit convenient isn’t it?
She never grew past the teen stage. I get the impression she was very spoiled as a child and when she realised she had to stand on her own two feet and pay bills, she sulked.

If you listen to her story, it's always hiding from the bill people, when I grew up my mum told me bills first, followed by food and then luxuries. She still at the I'm 13 and I have all this Dosh to spend on me. Screw everyone else.

That's my thoughts in it all. She hates having to pay her bills.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Sadly I believe out of the whole sorry mess of her backstory that particular element is true.
I never understand why here is the only place to question why she chose not to avail herself of the help on her doorstep. She has made her family and her son's dad look terrible people.
Didn’t she do a piece in the guardian where she said SB’s dad was the kindest person she knew!?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
New thread? 34 pages on the new thread?? In less than a day?

2F0072B4-6A3A-474F-B549-DE00BF1ACE6B.png

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Didn't she once have a 2 hour commute each way to get SB to school? I assume when she up-d sticks to London to move in with her partner, without thinking of the impact on anyone else. I seem to recall her making it sound like someone else's fault.
It was when she broke up with Allegra.
She moved back to Essex (presumably in with her parents) and it was mid term so she had to accept whatever the council gave her. It was a school miles away so she had no choice.
Since the dawn of these threads (2 years ago) she's also whinged about a massive trek for the school run. This is because his dad has main custody and he went to a primary school near him. When it was Jack's turn to have him she would whine about how unfair it was that the school was so far away and the hellish journey she had. She never mentioned that she had to do this just once a fortnight.
No clue about his secondary school but places are allocated to the parent who is in receipt of child benefit (ie the resident parent) so presumably he goes to school near his home. His dad has a very open FB account which lists where he lives and it is not near Thorpe Bay.
There is no way she is doing a school run for a High School aged child who lives miles away.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I am waiting for MR to come out of the woodwork and boom her back to the stone age.

He so respectful and gets tit done. He made 10000s at Christmas for children on poverty. She suggested they ate sticky brown poo.

Also has cooper tit on the rug?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
It was when she broke up with Allegra.
She moved back to Essex (presumably in with her parents) and it was mid term so she had to accept whatever the council gave her. It was a school miles away so she had no choice.
Since the dawn of these threads (2 years ago) she's also whinged about a massive trek for the school run. This is because his dad has main custody and he went to a primary school near him. When it was Jack's turn to have him she would whine about how unfair it was that the school was so far away and the hellish journey she had. She never mentioned that she had to do this just once a fortnight.
No clue about his secondary school but places are allocated to the parent who is in receipt of child benefit (ie the resident parent) so presumably he goes to school near his home. His dad has a very open FB account which lists where he lives and it is not near Thorpe Bay.
There is no way she is doing a school run for a High School aged child who lives miles away.
All Facebook should be zipped up tight, especially if you have a narc mother of your child who has a Twitter chaos on the regular.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She said she had seizures. All these journos wanting interviews - they should have a duty of care not to overload her with work today. Unless they don't believe this. But believe her other nonsense.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
She never grew past the teen stage. I get the impression she was very spoiled as a child and when she realised she had to stand on her own two feet and pay bills, she sulked.

If you listen to her story, it's always hiding from the bill people, when I grew up my mum told me bills first, followed by food and then luxuries. She still at the I'm 13 and I have all this Dosh to spend on me. Screw everyone else.

That's my thoughts in it all. She hates having to pay her bills.
Seems to think that it's far too beneath her.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Aggghhh, she's only BBC Scotland. She really doesn't have a voice for radio (or TV). Just the same old stuff.

Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.