Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also I just had a thought as she also included sugar taxes into her research.... You know the tax put on to foods deemed high in sugar. Many families from poorer backgrounds end up eating these foods for *reasons* and that could also include reason for the price hike. Fresh goods have always been expensive compared to the processed foods. That's another item she needs to add into her research. How since her time of being poor there has been various taxes introduced to reduce the consumption of certain foods.

I have a feeling this going to end up like some poorly written pre GCSE piece. If she actually achieves something from this fist waving I will hang my hat, but until then I won't hold my breath.
I feel like you’re giving her the answers here. Please stop making good points until after she’s written her homework!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
It's not about food prices. We have some of the cheapest prices in Europe. It's housing costs and years of less than inflation pay (and benefit rises). God I want to tweet that, but it would either be like spitting in the wind or cause a pile on.
This is what make me so angry about this whole thing. I found myself checking Tesco's website last night and pretty much everything she listed IS STILL THE SAME PRICE! Which is a good thing no? Big supermarkets are keeping the prices of many staples low even though there is huge inflation - they are not the baddies here.

Energy and housing costs, and low wages are the killer for most low income people I would guess. Guess she doesn't want to draw attention to housing costs though in case someone asks how hard it is for her to pay her rent and she has to admit she lives in a huge, beautiful property that she pays for with money she hasn't earned.

God she makes me so angry.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 53
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
It’s a 35 minute walk yomp to Lidl and a 25 minute walk to Asda. She can also get the bus to both.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I often wonder if everyone paid their taxes would we even need food banks?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
She just Instagrammed a photo of the rag rug in her kitchen but she's deleted it.

I should know to screenshot the bleeping notifications by now 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Mind-boggling numbers for each column yesterday.

View attachment 1001462

(Thursday's figures are (mostly) what happened yesterday, due to the current very early update time)

New followers 4003
New accounts followed 152 😵
Tweets sent 131 (ish. Some of those were sent this morning).

If we count midnight to midnight, her tweet record is 151 (includes 6 retweets). Yes, I do keep count 😆
Quite some migraine she had there 🙄.

Morning all ❤ Prayers for our blood pressures today, may we be blessed with savvy squigs 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I’m late to this and this has been said but I am honestly just utterly bewildered that no one has thought to fact check. Five minutes on Google is all you need on this…LJC. I try not to get cross with good intentioned people but really.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
she's up early. if she did ever go to sleep after the convulsions, that is

gonna be another long day isn't it? and i've got tit to do! damn you monroe!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She just Instagrammed a photo of the rag rug in her kitchen but she's deleted it.

I should know to screenshot the bleeping notifications by now 🙄
I wonder why she deleted it? Maybe it looks a bit frivolous when today is all about Poverty.
And that rag rug in the kitchen is such a tit idea. So many opportunities to trip on its grimy folds when carrying pots of hot things.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
This is petty in the grand scheme of things but this is why she has problems paying her tax bills, she’s already spending this round of 🥺pov media personality🥺 invoices before she’s so much as done the work.

She’ll be on holidays with PayPal donations that could have bought kids socks. She’s a piece of tit.
That was my first thought, the website tin rattle and now this bullshit Twitter thread have just earned her holiday money 🙄. Thing is, most of the idiot squigs won't even question it when she goes away!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
I'm sorry, but that's the kitchen of a mad person. What's with the squat stool in the middle?! Why add another trip hazard 😭
The door won't even open with all the tit on the back... And she's added fairy lights with the wire actually trailing UNDER THE WASHING MACHINE. Oh god the grease and smells... This is my final straw 🚫

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.