Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Go to bed please Jack. Big day tomorrow. Better get the pasta on early for tomorrow's breakfast.
The carpet bag of bullshit is packed. The pasta is fermenting nicely in the 3way slow cooker on the nightstand, ready to be decanted into the Royal Doulton tureen with the hand painted periwinkles at a moments notice and the Lumie is set for 09.55 precisely.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Thank YOU for the new thread Silver and I would say I am excited about the title but it came when we were all so angry so I feel it bears the weight of all of our frustrations.

Poor spoons, lost in a sideboard, waiting for Marm’s attention.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I’m just sat here in a daze. Bylines galore! H! Literal receipts! Mary Poppins! Martin dismissing her! This will be a Jack history day.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
See how quickly the promised recipes were shelved as soon as something more lucrative came along. They'll not be done tomorrow either, or the day after that. Then when the 5 mins of fame dies down once again, the lights will be firmly OFF because Jack does struggle so with the weight of the povs thrust upon her shoulders and all the trolls who hound her when she's on telly. Months of recuperation will follow. Then one day - softly, gently, she will start cooking again and the lights will flicker back ON. Repeat cycle.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Thank YOU for the new thread Silver and I would say I am excited about the title but it came when we were all so angry so I feel it bears the weight of all of our frustrations.

Poor spoons, lost in a sideboard, waiting for Marm’s attention.
Poor Marm has probably smashed her comp when she saw Jack’s social blade for today.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sliver and Marm you are doing the Bot’s work tonight, as ever.
Can’t wait to read Jacks think piece in the Daily Star

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Can't believe that was just this morning. What a day!
I've been around since half 8, dipping in and out of here. It's been wild to say the least, and I'm miffed because I'm going into the office tomorrow rather than working from home, hooting and fizzing into my laptop.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
And there was me saying the threads had somewhat slowed down. We have just come off the back of a full moon though...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I've grunked and am now putting it away for the night because Jack is infuriating and the fact so many are obtuse to it drives me up the wall.

That said, when do we start crowdsourcing the playlist of healing sounds like... whale noises and gentle rainfall, to send to whichever poor ninny listens to Jack's radio interview to pull out the lies?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I've grunked and am now putting it away for the night because Jack is infuriating and the fact so many are obtuse to it drives me up the wall.

That said, when do we start crowdsourcing the playlist of healing sounds like... whale noises and gentle rainfall, to send to whichever poor ninny listens to Jack's radio interview to pull out the lies?
I'll listen to it then cleanse myself with some FKA Twigs or something ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Nope RSM is ecstatic at hitting her target for her ridiculous crowdfunded book today.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
Have been seething catching up on the thread/s. How she has the gall to change her profile pic to the Mary Poppins cosplay I will never know. She is the antithesis of Mary Poppins, JM's practically imperfect in every way

mary_poppins_and_pennywise_the_dancing_clown_by_evil_god_chernabog_ddo7pb3-250t.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
That was quite a grunk but I think I’m almost more pissed off with the clueless chattering classes on Twitter than I am with Jack tonight. That includes you, Hugh. That’s their ‘pretending to care about the proles’ box ticked for the next few months. I wouldn’t mind so much if the voice they’ve chosen to amplify wasn’t such a shameless bleeping grifter whose whole pov experience is a total lie. She’s definitely the ‘acceptable face of poverty’ isn’t she, ie a decent looking middle class English woman who ten years ago had maybe five minutes of struggle (however much of that is true), who can put on her Essex accent when it suits to soothe the Guardianistas into thinking they’re acquainted with one of the Common People, you know, for cool points.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.