Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish Jeremy Paxman was still around - odious and charmless perhaps, but can you imagine him questioning smol pixie on her workings out and other bullshit ever shifting stories?

View attachment 1001399

and as for “I’ll happily walk to Lidl/Aldi in the summer” 🙄 - summer days are for 2xAsda trips shurely… she refuses to set foot in the German budget stores at any time of the year, squigs’ helpful suggestions are always rejected

from your lips to God’s ears, @Lanie x
Just want to add, my kids are engrossed in the telly this morning so I grunked my usual papers extra early, no mention of smol pixies revolting against prices.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
It is, but cynically it rattles her tin too, as she looks even more saintly. If someone else benefits though that’s a win, so 👍.
Yes, surely it’s only a matter of time until “send £5 to the Trussell Trust…OR buy a copy of my book to donate …”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I’m so disappointed this bullshit is just left to fly without anyone actually doing the basic checks.

In effect she is accusing Supermarkets of specifically passing on price hikes to the poorest. I really hope Asda et al actually round on her for this. Surely it’s libellous in that it’s not true and has the effect of damaging their reputations? Would love to see some good PR responses from the Supers today.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
It's not about food prices. We have some of the cheapest prices in Europe. It's housing costs and years of less than inflation pay (and benefit rises). God I want to tweet that, but it would either be like spitting in the wind or cause a pile on.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Nothing is going to be achieved today it's all Twitter shares and babble. The same as most of the activism that goes on in this world.

However in Victoria a lady has managed to overturn the IVF ban, because she used proper facts and set up a petition to support her fellow warriors.

Meanwhile miss poverty princess, sits shaking her first whilst crying out, thankyou, thankyou, you really love me.

She's not supposed to be being happy about this, 100000s of people scrabbling around for human comforts that are essential and not splurges on tat should not be making her feel all fuzzy inside because a few slebs have said well done.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I had a long grunk ahead of me but failed miserably and went to bed at 10 (and actually slept because I'M BUSY and was really tired from working at work really hard). I woke up and saw the notification from our Pov Princess tweeting thanks to Martin AND I JUST KNEW it was THE Martin and a little bit of me died, but I went back to sleep, because tired, been BUSY, work in the morning.

I was overjoyed to see his burn this morning 🙌🙌🙌

Happy Thursday people 🎉🎉🎉

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Also I just had a thought as she also included sugar taxes into her research.... You know the tax put on to foods deemed high in sugar. Many families from poorer backgrounds end up eating these foods for *reasons* and that could also include reason for the price hike. Fresh goods have always been expensive compared to the processed foods. That's another item she needs to add into her research. How since her time of being poor there has been various taxes introduced to reduce the consumption of certain foods.

I have a feeling this going to end up like some poorly written pre GCSE piece. If she actually achieves something from this fist waving I will hang my hat, but until then I won't hold my breath.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
Rattling the tin for the trussel trust is a welcome change. Thank(space)you Jack
She was reminded to do it by us last night, but what does she care? She's already rinsed PayPal and is just about to 'write' some articles she will get paid well for so I guess the people in actual poverty (allegedly what the thread was about) can be thrown a bone!

I look forward to my catch up later. Take care of yourselves cable x

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Is wondering how many pages I’m gunna have to catch up on later?
It’s gunna be a busy one for sure- in a way I’m glad I’m in a meeting for 6hrs - it will keep my anger in check!

Good luck all!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Mind-boggling numbers for each column yesterday.

Screenshot_20220120-074743_Opera.jpg

(Thursday's figures are (mostly) what happened yesterday, due to the current very early update time)

New followers 4003
New accounts followed 152 😵
Tweets sent 131 (ish. Some of those were sent this morning).

If we count midnight to midnight, her tweet record is 151 (includes 6 retweets). Yes, I do keep count 😆

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
What happened here? I stomp off after climbing off my soap box because JM and her indiocy finished me off last night and come back to JM the Evita Peron on the Chattering Classes. Are these people so thick they take her tweets are affirmation of the evil supermarkets are waging against the poor? Aargh, I am off again, she is bad enough but with them bigging her up as well. I will be under a pillow fort until it all blows over 🌬

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Mind-boggling numbers for each column yesterday.

View attachment 1001462

(Thursday's figures are (mostly) what happened yesterday due the the current very early update time)

New followers 4003
New accounts followed 152 😵
Tweets sent 131 (ish. Some of those were sent this morning).

If we count midnight to midnight, her tweet record is 151 (includes 6 retweets). Yes, I do keep count 😆
Her Twitter following goes up and down quicker than a tarts knickers. She will have lost most of them by the weekend once the narc in her becomes unsatisfied.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Isn’t it interesting that less than 48hrs ago, Jack was giving us all a reminder that she isn’t earning advertising revenue and requesting financial support from probably not very financially well-off people to fix her main source of income.
Yet in the here and now, with the likes of H (not from Steps), Nigella et al giving her some attention, she hasn’t once asked them (who can afford it) to offer financial support?
She has no shame and they are just as bad for virtue signalling and supporting her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Cabal, what radio station is she going to be on? When? I’m softly, gently languishing in my bed with not Covid (though it bloody feels like it!) and can listen?

Just saw Marmalade’s link !! Thank you 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Cabal, what radio station is she going to be on? When? I’m softly, gently languishing in my bed with not Covid (though it bloody feels like it!) and can listen?

Just saw Marmalade’s link !! Thank you 🙏
I hope she's not on for very long, for your sake. You're already sick, you don't need that nasal mosquito whine in your ears. ♥

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Jack has recently followed around 40 Lake District Twitter accounts.

#RegroupAndEnjoyTheAnonymity
This is petty in the grand scheme of things but this is why she has problems paying her tax bills, she’s already spending this round of 🥺pov media personality🥺 invoices before she’s so much as done the work.

She’ll be on holidays with PayPal donations that could have bought kids socks. She’s a piece of tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thing is, all of these slebs are taking what she says at face value because, well, why not? Of course they're cheerleading her, the numbers are a great byline.
Sadly, any reputable TV company won't use her figures and would want to do their own research and that's where it would all fall down.
Ask an actual economist. Hell, I have a public health masters and have done more than she has to support those most vulnerable in society (and I don't think I've done much 😂) She isn't poor, she chooses not to work. She only has 'literal receipts' because she claims her weekly food shop through her business account 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.