Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From reading the breakdown she seems angry that the price of rice is rising?

Not to mention everything else.

To be honest I would fight the same corner as that man that healthy food should be cheaper and more commercially available.

Also everything she cooks is mixed together.

A basic meal of jacket potato and beans with a smattering of cheese would be cheap.

She adds a collection of random ingredients and boils them alive or mixes then to hell and then says job done.

Also all the value ranges have gotten names to stop the stigma of people buying a trolly of blue and white stripes.

I live close to a medium sized Tesco's and it'a "value range" is quite good, not too mention the club card savings. The other week I struck lucky and saved 10pounds on my weekly shop.

Education is also something that needs addressing, years ago you got your money in your hand on a Friday and it was spilt amount of ways to see you out, now card and online backing you just see numbers on screen. I don't think it's the same as actually seeing the cash dwindle.

People need to be taught better budgeting and organising of their funds. She's defo not the one for this job.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
The bare faced lies!

Repeating I know 🤣

Value ranges are not rising in price.

Supermarkets are not discontinuing value ranges, if anything they're expanding them more and more to compete with the budget ones!

I doubt her Asda not that far away from a Lidl has suddenly reduced the value items by 75%+.

CPI I'm sure includes bread and pasta.

Audio of it:
View attachment 1001677
Ty for audio, sack off the Lake District and use that little PayPal windfall for some nose & throat surgery hun you are now actually Alan Partridge.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
The comedown from this is going to be spectacular.

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 12.13.35.png

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 12.18.05.png

WTF is she talking about

Screenshot 2022-01-20 at 12.19.26.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 67
We’re entering the manic high phase.

Bets for when first claim of severe burnout will be made?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
I'm still stuck on the kitchen 'decor' and I've dug out my Kaffe Fassett's Pattern Library to give my eyes a rest.
I'm sure it'll all be shifted elsewhere for new dopamine hits in the very near future.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm livid about the seizure tweet.

I had one seizure years ago and I immediately was given an EEG (I think that's what they call it when they put electrodes on your skull) and luckily it wasn't epilepsy. Seizures are bleeping scary and serious, if she really had seizures previously she would have mentioned it many times before now, it is also likely they would be medicated if they happened frequently like she implied.

It also disgusts me that she is using other people's misfortune to make money and get a shitload of attention. There's never a single mention of anything positive to help people get food in their bellies, there are loads of projects to help people in poverty feed themselves, there must be initiatives in Southend she could talk about.

There was a segment on Radio Scotland yesterday where they talked to a single mum of 5 kids who is feeling the squeeze. The poor woman is terrified about the costs of living, unfortunately single mums of 5 don't make sympathetic reading in the Guardian.

Of course she inserts herself into the convo as a prole who is struggling to buy rice (which hasn't risen by 300% like she said), add in the imaginary seizures and loss of income from the tip jar and we've got a massive grift going on.

I've had my odd moment when I think Tattle is mean and harsh to her but today I have been utterly convinced of her grade A cuntishness.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
“Eleventy billion people have now read MY thread. I intend to reply to every single one of you, once I have freed myself from the inside of my kitchen rug” 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Hopefully it will be all worth it, I doubt it, at the end of the day I wish she would b more humble.

MR said is degree was bitter sweet. He wasn't diminishing the fact he earned it but understood what it was representing. She will never be humble it's all for adoration and love. She's horrid!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Impeccable timing, as usual, when most journalists are focused on the corruption, sleaze and obfuscation at No. 10.

Aside from centrist Twitter, where exactly is this having any cut through?

Reactions: 34
Sorry, wasn’t Anna Soubry part of the government that brought in the cuts that led Jack to such grinding poverty?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
Loving @TraceyJacks forensic ability to read the publicly available CPI info AND post it here with explainer. You’re now the lead member for CPI facts
Can you please check if brain/eye bleach is included? And ear bleach, I’ve just listened to Darth Vader’s Mum on Idiot Radio
oh how lovely of you to signal boost my post! It’s so important! I was actually mistakenly looking at an old CPI earlier coz I’m putting in the same effort as Jack! (@Yel was looking at the right one lol, it’s all still on there anyway and just shows “basics” have been on the CPI forever.)

Who cares about fact checking though let’s go VIRAL.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
A basic meal of jacket potato and beans with a smattering of cheese would be cheap.
A large potato is 30p. A tin of beans is ~20p for a non branded one. Cheese can be a bit more, but it keeps okay and you get a lot of servings. So assuming half a tin of beans is a serving then you're looking at about 60p a serving for that.

And as I've said before, pasta is about £1 per kg, at most (unless you're buying organic fresh pasta, but why would you if you're short of cash). That's 10p per serving if you eat 100g at a time (most recipes say 75g, FWIW). Tinned tomatoes are 50p for the level above the value ones and a tin is enough for two servings. Same point about cheese as above. Now just pasta and tinned tomatoes is a bit bland, but herbs aren't expensive and neither really are mushrooms and even bacon.

Compete coincidence that I happen to have bacon mushroom and tinned tomato pasta for dinner today.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.