Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I just say that where I live, you wouldn’t have to drive round to find a budget supermarket. I live in one of the poorest boroughs in the country and we have several Aldis and Lidls, within walking range for most people, especially if you usually shop at one the big 5. Our Tesco even built a Jacks (their budget supermarket and range) on the same site, right next door. This idea that they’re trying to price all their customers out of food is ridiculous. They’re competing with each other, not the customer. Of course some food prices will have risen, with everything that comes with a pandemic, but as I’ve already seen on the thread, the problem is not with food prices, it’s utilities, housing and low pay.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
She's going to him to duck Off because doesn't he know or care she had a 'seizure ' yesterday sometime between writing utter bollocks and being on twitter all day.

I'm surprised her nose fits in that kitchen

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The comdown from this is going to be spectacular.

View attachment 1001985

View attachment 1001989

WTF is she talking about

View attachment 1001992
I'm going to sound weird here but stay with me...
I think this is a good thing.
The more of a platform she has, the more famous she gets, the bigger her ego grows all expose her.
And when I say 'expose her' I mean expose her lies and grift.
She's absolutely unbearable but she's so small fry people just can't see it. They think she's wonderful because she orchestrates the bullshit to be controlled. If she's boosted, she won't be able to hide it.
On TDs timeline there's loads of people just stunned by it all. Even if people don't like her they tend to just ignore her because they see her as being harmless. It takes people like TD talking about it to open their eyes (and TD really does need to talk about it!)
That's why I want her to do a reality show. Seeing her nonsense for weeks on end would gobsmack people. That's why the kickstarter and DKL were failures, it was just so exposing and she's such a twit she won't change her behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
She must be on the mother of all highs on all this narc supply right now. Possibly other things too (speculation etc etc)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
It’s the martyr syndrome that really does me in. Nothing can be done without the opportunity to pile the attention back on to her. She did some tweets and now she’s had convulsions and had to stay up all night harvesting celeb dopamine, all for the poors. When will anyone consider HER PAIN IN BRINGING tit CALCULATIONS AND OLD RECEIPTS TO TWITTER?!?! 💰

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
It’s the martyr syndrome that really does me in. Nothing can be done without the opportunity to pile the attention back on to her. She did some tweets and now she’s had convulsions and had to stay up all night harvesting celeb dopamine, all for the poors. When will anyone consider HER PAIN IN BRINGING tit CALCULATIONS AND OLD RECEIPTS TO TWITTER?!?! 💰
Book-marking.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
I don't know why she always goes on and on about traveling around to different supermarkets to get the cheapest prices on different items.

They're fiercely competitive on price, especially the basics so they vary a small amount at most. They're all price matching Aldi for many basics.

So you can get the 45p bag of rice in any of the big 4 or the 2 discounters.

Maybe due to covid and supply chain issues a store might be out of the cheapest rice, but that's not the point she's making at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I'm going to sound weird here but stay with me...
I think this is a good thing.
The more of a platform she has, the more famous she gets, the bigger her ego grows all expose her.
And when I say 'expose her' I mean expose her lies and grift.
She's absolutely unbearable but she's so small fry people just can't see it. They think she's wonderful because she orchestrates the bullshit to be controlled. If she's boosted, she won't be able to hide it.
On TDs timeline there's loads of people just stunned by it all. Even if people don't like her they tend to just ignore her because they see her as being harmless. It takes people like TD talking about it to open their eyes (and TD really does need to talk about it!)
That's why I want her to do a reality show. Seeing her nonsense for weeks on end would gobsmack people. That's why the kickstarter and DKL were failures, it was just so exposing and she's such a twit she won't change her behaviour.
Who is TD ?
Sorry new here I've been well and truly tipped over the edge.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Shelagh Fogarty has just mentioned Jack at the beginning of her programme on LBC.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
There are some excellent replies to that thread making all the same comments.
Yes, if you are struggling you might not buy the 4kg bag of rice but the 18p extra 500g is worth it. The assumptions of what you would / would do are astonishing. It comes across as you are given exactly £20 each week for the shopping.

A lot of people get paid monthly, so could potentially afford a bus trip to get score cupboard staples from a budget supermarket or ethnic store, then go to the nearer one for fresh items as needed. It's what I used to do, buy enough pasta and tins to feed myself for a month.

As already said, education on cooking (properly, not Jack style) and budgeting in schools would go along way. It's not a solution I know, but is probably a better bet than telling businesses to lower their prices...

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Also, Jack is so ethnocentric. Lots of people shop at international stores which can be found in the smallest of towns now. Or they get free delivery from Amazon (and canny shoppers know where the bargains are). Jack's index is very white woman and dated. Has she heard of online shopping?
Of course! her Ocado deliveries were outed with her peekymink 🧦

• Haha
Reactions: 42
TD.jpg

TD is the retweeter here (two separate people tweets, couldn't find how to do a different colour).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.