Jack Monroe #242 Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry am jumping ahead but Jack is so reductive! The cosplay at various real life conditions is so belittling to those going through it. It would be more responsible to signpost the squig to resources/services that could help treat PTSD not her over simplified approach.

PTSD (as with many other conditions) can be so over whelming and debilitating all at once. Getting people to text before they knock on a door isn’t going to cure it - it often requires more complex treatment, one that can involve a few different things depending on the complexity of it. A squig reading that could be so put off seeking actual help if they read that and can’t take such an approach so think they’ve already failed when they haven’t.

The cosplaying is what makes Jack so dangerous.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
she always does this when one of her food poverty tweets go viral! She can't help but take advantage of the brief attention in that moment, she's desperate for people to pay attention to her for her quirky personality rather than the repetitive crap she spouts.

re: the rag rug kitchen...i'm genuinely speechless and slightly nauseated
Yes, this is absolutely (x) what she was up till "the wee small hours" doing wasn't she? Prettyfying her kitchen for the new unique views. Come for the faux outrage, stay for the tat.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I try and stay away from mentioning things that are personal like how someone looks or speaks as they are things that you’re born with and can’t really change . Taste is also a subjective thing but f?!*k me that is a before picture if I ever saw one.
Her curtain don't fit the window properly. Sorry my mum is a right window snob and apparently it's rubbing off.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Not posted to a JM thread for ages but duck me she's got even more baskets... why. What is it them they can't be used for actual storage as you can't see what is in them. Or easily get it back out. Maybe all her receipts have fallen in there along with any shred of integrity she might have ever had.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I couldn't make it through the whole audio, but did she just admit she was comparing the cheapest bag of rice last year, to the smallest bag of rice this year? 🤔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Grunking, but can confirm- the That 70s Show reproduction kitchen has affected my migraine recovery and I can’t look at it without getting queasy/head pain.
Did we spot the new pink electric kettle?
I do believe her weird love of all things 70s is to cosplay being poor #1958truther

• Haha
Reactions: 45
🚨

Felicity Cloake also has a marmite jar labelled “Felicity”.

In this time of uncertainty and despair, we must turn to Ina. But, wait, what is this on her latest post? Tinned fish and cheese on toast? Nooooooooooooooooooooo. Ina! What have you done? Turned to the dark side and left us to fend for ourselves? That’s it. It’s alpaca day today and I’m off.

View attachment 1001742
I bet there is loooaaaddds of mayo in the tuna knowing Ina!

Reactions: 17
Also why witch about worktop space and then fill all your worktop space with apothecary drawers? Which I am sick with envy about btw I love anything with teeny drawers in. There’s literally no room to cook or photograph or write sloppices now!!
Where’s all the makeup which used to be in them?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Tea leaves/bags should be kept in a dark airtight container, and two thirds of the weight of that rug will be dust and grime.
Think the kettle is this one from George at Asda, with a cackhanded coat of pink paint.
5057172361236.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Every time I look at that kitchen I spot another piece of tat - it’s like a hidden object game. I haven’t spotted much that’s actually useful in a kitchen though - knives, salt, pepper, slotted spoons and tongs and spatulas and oils and every-meal stuffs that normal people usually keep within reach of the hob (don’t they?).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Those apocathery drawers wouldn't have been cheap. (I actually quite like them but agree they take too much space in yet kitchen to be practical.
I think we may have🔺️ that about a year ago. I think it was about £400.
(Not sure though)

• Haha
Reactions: 25
To be honest, I am really surprised she didn’t go for this kettle. Fits the current kitchen aesthetic and is her price point.

There is a matching toaster if anyone is interested.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
6399F8C8-F1CF-4C53-963A-BDD074418262.jpeg
56EC92CD-927F-4E2E-B352-DF0F6DCB5652.jpeg

Things are always a few years old but the grift is consistent yet they never put 2 and 2 together. Also she’s going to get so sick of being told she’ll trip over that rug.

Every time I look at that kitchen I spot another piece of tat - it’s like a hidden object game. I haven’t spotted much that’s actually useful in a kitchen though - knives, salt, pepper, slotted spoons and tongs and spatulas and oils and every-meal stuffs that normal people usually keep within reach of the hob (don’t they?).
Do you not have a wooden bicycle ornament in the middle of the worktop? It’s what the brambly mice ride about like Cinderella’s mates once Jack has gone to the east wing of the house and they emerge from the rug.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Rightio. Why doesn't she bin her washing machine, she can just vacuum her clothes on the gentle setting
Screenshot_20220120-111840_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Jack strikes me as someone who thinks carpeted bathrooms are a good idea.

(I'm sad at how easily I can envision a tweet of "Finished my cold cold shower to help with my ouchy hands! Love stepping out onto the softy soft carpet!" with a horrible foot pic.)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
The shark hair wrap would probably have something to say about that rug, even on the gentle setting.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
(Sorry cannot get over her CPI chat)

she later says, in a softball response to being asked whether a different index measure would be more appropriate (coz she couldn't do the supply chain and margins chat lol) "I do think the price index should be based on different incomes (what?)...rather than this vague generalized figure that takes lamb and champagne into account but not y'know the basics like pasta and canned soup and y'know bread and other um.. oh apples was on my list yesterday! and mushrooms. this isnt, y'know, ingredients for a good old jolly knees up (again WHAT) it's the absolute staples you need to construct some basic healthy meals."

Pasta, bread, apples and mushrooms are on the bloody CPI???

1642678571502.png

1642678542210.png

1642678603981.png

1642678640008.png

Her precious canned soup isn't though lol, I guess that comes under either of these 2 cats:

1642678764276.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.