Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“How we’re doing?”

WTAF. She went to an all girls’ grammar school. How many times do I have to say this?

Shall I explain the stuff I saw at the RI academy where I last taught? About the homes with no carpets where we did home visits? Where we paid for breakfasts and bus fares and uniforms? Because the poverty that was highlighted on C4 last night is real and never-ending up here. She isn’t part of that. She went to a lovely school and now lives in a lovely house and thinks she is speaking for those who are living on the edge.

Do you know what the edge actually is Jack? That the edge has been here for so long that it is no longer the edge, but life. So piss off with your chip about independent schools and oxbridge. You were mixing with the media set 5 years ago. Sell the Burberry jacket, pay your taxes and polish your spoons.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 103
I assume Jack’s banging on about Asda prices. I bought Smart Price spaghetti on Monday, it’s still 13p...she’s referencing the next price level up. The online website/app for Asda doesn’t stock the whole Smart Price range but it is instore. Further proof that the dramatic hikes to Asda with her stupid backpack on don’t happen.
So she probably only knows that the number of items went from 400 to 90 or whatever using their filters. Rather than counting on the shelves as implied. If you're on a £20 a week shop, you're not wasting money on delivery.

• Angry
Reactions: 25
Why can’t anyone see that she’s choosing the products to suit her narrative? Even the most basic of research would show that there are products available in the same price bracket as before. She wants to hope to God she doesn’t get picked up by tv because she will make an absolute weapon of herself on national tv spouting this shite. The tweets pointing out what we can all see will be off the scale.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Stig Abell, former editor of The Sun, which, while he was there, published that article by Hopkins describing immigrants as cockroaches. True friend of the working people.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
Why can’t anyone see that she’s choosing the products to suit her narrative? Even the most basic of research would show that there are products available in the same price bracket as before. She wants to hope to God she doesn’t get picked up by tv because she will make an absolute weapon of herself on national tv spouting this shite. The tweets pointing out what we can all see will be off the scale.
Would love to see her beloved ASDA correcting her

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I've just done a calorie count on the recipe

100g of redlentils= 381
100g carrot =41
100g onion = 40
2tbs oil= 240
2 pitta = 302
1stock cube =8
total= 971
per serving= 242

Definitely not enough for lunch, which is where you would normally serve something like this.
Depending on how much you eat for other meals I'd say that serves 1 or 2. Certainly not 4.

Reactions: 19
So have they ignored roadside mum yet again. Why do they flog the same old knackered horse.

I actually would tune in and listen to Marge who has kids, a real low paid job and 50 quid post rent to do everything. I will not be giving her show air time.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Would love to see her beloved ASDA correcting her
I would love a statement from Asda upon being contacted by the show she’s on.

“We are alarmed at the stories being told about food poverty and the fact a well known hole thinks that we do not sell cheaper products anymore.

Asda would like to proudly state that we have several value ranges under different guises and do work in the local community on a store by store basis, often helping the most vulnerable.

We do not take these allegations lightly by Monroe and so thanks to the evident storytelling and lies, she will be barred from our stores forevermore”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Suprise suprise she appeals to the wealthy media people without an ounce of common sense to see her tweets are all bullshit.

She may have gained over a thousand new followers, but it's all from lies. That's hardly going to help her long term.

I assume Jack’s banging on about Asda prices. I bought Smart Price spaghetti on Monday, it’s still 13p...she’s referencing the next price level up. The online website/app for Asda doesn’t stock the whole Smart Price range but it is instore. Further proof that the dramatic hikes to Asda with her stupid backpack on don’t happen.
Yep, as if she went around Asda counting 400 value items in her local store. She searched for value on the Asda website. It's the little things she lies about - what's the point?
So she probably only knows that the number of items went from 400 to 90 or whatever using their filters. Rather than counting on the shelves as implied. If you're on a £20 a week shop, you're not wasting money on delivery.
Sorry just repeated this 😬

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
From Jack's tweets this morning "But I guess when the vast majority of our media were privately educated and came from the same handful of elite universities, nobody thinks to actually check in with anyone out here in the world to see how we’re doing. (bleeping terribly, thanks for asking.)"

Stig Abell went to a prep school, followed by a public school, followed by Emmanuelle College, Cambridge. They don't come much more elite than that. But she is willing to go on his show tomorrow and will be all over him like a cheap suit.
I don't know what a Stig Abell is or anything about his radio show, is it important?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I've often thought (when Jack is at her most thieving and grifty) that it feels like trying to get someone's attention through a sound-proof two way mirror. It makes my chest feel tight and I want to scream. Nobody is listening 😕
I’m surprised grunking hasn’t become my anxiety dream (it’s currently having to go back to uni, apologies MancBee)

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I've often thought (when Jack is at her most thieving and grifty) that it feels like trying to get someone's attention through a sound-proof two way mirror. It makes my chest feel tight and I want to scream. Nobody is listening 😕
Sending you a hug dear heart @Emmapism ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Still no answer to Harry Wallop , does Harry know she's telling a errm walloper ? It's really easy to say things have massively gone up when you pick and choice your prices from I dunno the Ocado app?

• Sad
Reactions: 30
A huge part of this problem is the shocking quality of housing in this country, especially rentals. People are having to spend a fortune to heat damp moldy homes that never get fully warm or safe.

Her grandad had so much property it gets boring reading the public domain document listing all his assets & who they went to. Like you’re talking a bleeping streets worth, not just one little hovel of a flat. Her dad has chosen to describe his profession as landlord on company’s house.

Why is she allowed to speak for the poor and working classes without disclosing these hugely material facts? She’s from WEALTH. Just because she didn’t get bought tat she wanted doesn’t negate two generations of patriarchs with net worths in the *millions*??

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
That would be the dream, tv exposure, caught out in a lie and non payment of taxes exposed.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.