Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I once ate an olive off a salad thinking it was a grape and it forever changed me. I'm staring out the window consumed with anguish at the memory as we speak. Olives get a big hearty no thankyou from me as well
Screenshotting this for when you come on here in a month saying you have always loved olives

• Haha
Reactions: 78
Screenshotting this for when you come on here in a month saying you have always loved olives
and once in your youth worked on an olive farm over a summer, where the kindly old italian farmer remarked that you were the most forensic of all the olive pickers he had ever encountered

• Haha
Reactions: 65
This week I bought some lasagne sheets from Sainsbury's. I bought the cheep ones because that is all they had, they were 70p for 500 grams. They tasted like cardboard. It ruined the meal, but I still ate it because I couldn't afford to waste the food and was hungry. Even though I hate food waste the rest of the dried lasagne sheets ended up in the bin. In the never ending desire to have food as cheep as possible, quality is the casualty.

Instead of Jack mithering on about the cheapness of food, she should be campaigning for people to be able to eat quality food. Not everyone thinks that people in certain jobs, sick, disabled or unemployed should be eating sub standard cheap food like bollock sausages, or vegetable peeling bake. It is disgusting that a country such as ours has people following Jack's recipes because that is all they can afford.

That is where Jack should be putting her energies, uplifting the incomes of the poor, not trying to push supermarkets to provide food at unsustainable prices.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
What does she actually want to happen, price rises have always happened especially after a period of trauma to a country until it settles back down again.

Just look back in history. It's happened after every major world event.

Also looking at all the current parties with any sort of say in parliament at present they are all singing from pretty much the same hymn sheet.

No one is going to bring the prices down as they are needed to get the country back to an evil keel and the fact that other countries the same boat, also confirms this.

What actually needs to happen now is wages need addressing as well as people's attitudes to their spending. We will all have to cut back on luxuries for a while and dig in until we come out the other side.

I live not far from a rich area and loads of houses have gone up for sale because the people on them can no longer afford to live in them. One in particular has literally reduced its price 3 times and is going for a steal. ( Still too much for us sadly)

Everyone is in the same boat just through luck or hard work some people have a lifeboat to help them for a bit.

Her shouting into a void about how she's super cross at Boris is not going to change this a jot, even if she does make the papers. She also seems to forget that it's not just him doing it but members of his party too.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
So you have to buy a kilo of carrots to make the dip at the prices she states 🤔
When you only have 50p in 2p pieces found down the back of the sofa (to quote Jack's words back at her). 🙃

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
All she wants to happen is for her crappy tweets to get thousands of likes, some media work and the squigs to get an all-round sense that she does anything. Jack buys value range products as a hobby.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
1 she has all day
2 she has a trolley
3 why bother when ocado deliver
And jeez the amount spent on therapy you’d think she’d have put a tanner aside for an Aldi taxi trip once a week _*!#
Get ya calculator on that you poverty tourist

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I am actually appalled that the lady who spend stupid money on old crap is actually angry because the other rich kids have put the prices up on her favourite value range.

She never offers sensible solution either is always I don't know what needs to happen. If you cannot provide sensible solutions to a problem then perhaps leave it to some more capable.

Also I guess if you're going to make food inedible you would worry about the price of it rising.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Mr Abell might not be so pleased when he has the nasally whimpery voice and constant sniffing in his headphones for half an hour.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Also pretty sure the claim that there are fewer value items is fake news. Supermarkets have just moved away from marking it all under one brand value/essential/smart price and now use fake farms, food cupboard, wonky brands etc but it's still the same value priced items. She must know this if she actually buys value ranges? Or does she just search for value on their website.

Tesco value items
View attachment 999703

Sainsbury value items
View attachment 999704

Another fail for her forensic research.

View attachment 999682
Now THAT, ladies and gents, is forensic 👨‍🍳 💋

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Our local shop is a Tesco - and their Clubcard prices have lots of savings - you don’t even need a card, you can use an app. Got 40p off chorizo today. Often the specials are things like biscuits and treats but it does do other specials as well.
Ocado have been advertising their essentials range. As do Aldi. Don’t Asda do rollback? The supermarkets are aware of the fact prices are going up.

Reactions: 33
In her ‘youth’.
Wasn’t she spouting awhile ago at being a manager or something & getting the sack?
Also she does like coffee cos again she use to work in a coffee shop.
OH my mistake- she’s erased that cos they don’t pay their taxes either

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.