Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Plus always a decent variety of fresh fruit and veg on their super 6 deal at 49p a pop.
My list came to £4.77, Jack's was £7.02, I've saved her £2.25 in ten minutes.

(The apples and mushrooms are on the weekly six deal!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
RAGEEEEEEEEEE. Who is still buying this tit and paying her for her lukewarm takes? Argh!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
It’s the ‘those of us outside the bubble’ that is infuriating me. She really needs to duck off as far away as possible and stay there.
Yeah, she knew exactly what she was doing with that wording. And the bit about "checking in with anyone out here in the world to see how we're doing. bleeping terribly, thanks for asking."

Yet again implying to her followers that she herself is among the poorest and most vulnerable households. People in poverty or worrying about the rising cost of food/energy bills don't have massive (rented) houses in affluent areas. They don't have designer clothes, Cotswold Co furniture (let alone in double digits!!), Dyson fans and Smeg fridges. They don't have a hundred quid going spare to spunk on vintage spoons. They don't have multiple passive income streams. They certainly don't have a huge platform and audience to ask for donations.

How is she still not reading the room? I don't think I've ever been so angry with her.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 69
View attachment 999327

Yep, she’s waited for maximum engagement time. Shameless.
Oh eff off! But for many people it isn't! BBC Breaking News Alert: the people who this is most relevant to don't spunk £100 on some tetanus filled cutlery. They probably do live nearer an Aldi than you, someone who rents in the most expensive area of Southend, because Aldi and Lidl tend to put their shops in areas where people are low income. And she's not in a food desert either seing as she can scamper to Asda.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
i mean, obviously this is all well calculated to bury yesterday's negativity, but really what good would yet another article about price rises actually do?

we didn't foresee the pandemic, but we were all told, years ago, that brexit would lead to price rises and shortages. i just don't think that someone in a massive house, full of luxury goods, who spoiled their ballot has any right to preach to anyone about this

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Plus she can't still do the whole poverty plea anymore. Not because she is likely raking it in, but because she could just 👏get 👏a👏job 👏
I get (although I disagree for a multitude of reasons) that maybe she felt unsupported and unable to fund childcare when SB was a toddler. At one point we were paying £1800 A MONTH for childcare, which is sickening. So believe me, I get it. But he's at secondary school now, and has a very active and present father. Why why why can't she just get a job, even if it's nights so she can be there when he gets home?

It's the sense of entitlement that the squigs don't seem to get that annoys me. She truly believes she has a right to do duck all, rather than work.
It just doesn't make sense anymore.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Shot...
Screenshot_20220119-133020~2.png

Chaser

Screenshot_20220119-133041.png

ETA : it says "recipe for those inclined" I was over enthusiastic with my squiggling

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
She didn't pay the bills.
Pretty sure if you could afford to let a house stand empty/your kid live in it for nothing you'd be able to cover the bills for a bit if they were a bit hard up. Would be tres annoying to come home to no gas or power...! Or are we cross purpose talking here? Was talking about the squig not Jack...

• Heart
Reactions: 30
There's regular buses from hers to Aldi. And Lidl is a 30 minute walk away if she was too tight to pay the bus fare.

She's being quite brazen at the moment imo, more people are starting to raise an eyebrow at her and are muttering to one another. It isn't just us anymore Jack, you should be careful you don't end up the subject of this "real journalism" that you want to see...

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.