Jack Monroe #241 Average level lies and lard gravy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To all those in the food biz who are probably circulating screenshots from here, well done for adding up your suspicions to get to the conclusion. Great that you’re likely keeping her off our TV screens BUT share it with your non food biz friends in the news world so Jack isn’t the go to person to talk about cost of living increases/challenges being faced by those on the breadline etc.

Also might want to add Jack Monroe owner of On a Bootstrap Ltd who seemingly still hasn’t paid their taxes.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Mm I suspect the foodie community possibly being onto her has forced this show of poverty again. Hence the barmy amount of tweets when one would suffice. So any quick glances at her twitter will show public spirited Jack willing to talk about the ishoos nobody else will.
Astute analysis. BTW That cruddy article a way back in the thread noted how "articulate" some posters are on here ...

• Heart
Reactions: 32
If Jack writes for Byline I am unfollowing. duck every single one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Jack is still on her agent's website but her bio is sooooo out of date (says she still lives with Leggy) so perhaps she has been dropped. It says Natalia is on mat leave, did we know about that? If its new info then it means they do update Jack's bio page but for some reason, not the actual bio.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Plus she can't still do the whole poverty plea anymore. Not because she is likely raking it in, but because she could just 👏get 👏a👏job 👏
I get (although I disagree for a multitude of reasons) that maybe she felt unsupported and unable to fund childcare when SB was a toddler. At one point we were paying £1800 A MONTH for childcare, which is sickening. So believe me, I get it. But he's at secondary school now, and has a very active and present father. Why why why can't she just get a job, even if it's nights so she can be there when he gets home?

It's the sense of entitlement that the squigs don't seem to get that annoys me. She truly believes she has a right to do duck all, rather than work.
It just doesn't make sense anymore.
Too smol.

Reactions: 17
Pretty sure if you could afford to let a house stand empty/your kid live in it for nothing you'd be able to cover the bills for a bit if they were a bit hard up. Would be tres annoying to come home to no gas or power...! Or are we cross purpose talking here? Was talking about the squig not Jack...
But she doesn't let on to her parents she's hard up unless church/food bank people see her.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
If she shopped at Aldi;

Pasta-45p
Rice-45p
Baked Beans-22p
Spaghetti in can-27p
Bread-36p
Curry sauce-65p
Apples- 69p
Mushrooms-79p
Peanut butter-89p
Which means nothing has gone up much since I left at the end of August 2019. Aldi is awesome. Jack is not.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
And just for those wondering what happens if you can’t get to your nearest direct tip jar rattle link and you have to use Google — which is a popular “search engine” for those typical squigs wondering what to do with a banana from their fruit bowl, or some other #lockdownlarderfuckwittery— this is what you get

C60E6F7D-99AF-4C08-B518-25B71344285B.jpeg

Look at those first two thread titles and the dates!!!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Poverty one-upmanship. You couldn't make this stuff up could you?
Yes Jack missed a trick there didn't she. Her correct response should have been 'cold showers? You were lucky. We used to dream of cold showers. We had to use the condensation running down the damp walls to wash'.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.