Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sitting in her own urine - great way to stereotype the real poor people eh Jack?

She is a long time smoker, there are pics albeit very few of them, her hands look nicotine stained and she recently mentioned smoking addiction. It's an expensive habit along with premium brands of alcohol and Cotswold furniture. Jack doesn't know the value of money, she pisses it up the wall as soon as she gets it.
I was thinking earlier that maybe she filters her hands to such a degree, to hide the nicotine stains, mind you now sheā€™s vaping, again not cheap

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Iā€™m glad sheā€™s back. Well, not really glad, you knowā€¦but I was starting to get a bit concerned about the radio silence after the ā€œAlcoholism? Completed it mate!ā€ hoohah.

Back to the random shitposting and no apology. Nothing to see here.

Because I was getting a bit worried (Iā€™m a catastrophiser, okay, who wouldnā€™t be in this crazy world?) I was going to hold off commenting, but something in the milk ainā€™t clean - as usual.

The ā€œjust say noā€ tweeting was just bloody weird. Thank you to all the lovely fraus sharing their knowledge and experience about this and huge hugs šŸ¤— ā¤ to anyone Jack has triggered.

I canā€™t imagine anyone who has been through AA (or similar) ever thinking that ā€˜adviceā€™ was appropriate. And, it beggars belief that anyone who only recently gone through treatment would go on about it so publicly at all (let alone act as an expert). Hello, itā€™s anonymous for very good reasons!

Can you think of anyone else in the public eye who acts like this? I donā€™t mean people who yo-yo in and out of Priory, or other vague wellness treatments. I mean, properly gone through an intense programme, like AA.

I know Elton offers to mentor people, but this is after many years of sobriety. Okay, Russell Brand, but heā€™s a gobshite anyway - and also went through a long process to get clean, as far as I understand, before he started shouting about it.

Jack talks like someone who doesnā€˜t understand alcohol addiction. Who doesnā€™t understand how to overcome an addiction to alcohol. Who doesnā€™t understand how AA works. Which is odd to say the least after all that therapy for that exact issue.

Nah, I wonā€™t speculate further. Already written an essay, apologies!

• Heart
Reactions: 58
After her 6 catastrophes, nice to see the lights are back on....

Agree with fellow fraus, leave Steve alone, he is too pure for you, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I was thinking earlier that maybe she filters her hands to such a degree, to hide the nicotine stains, mind you now sheā€™s vaping, again not cheap
I think you are right tbh. The heavy filters make it worse though. If she was that ashamed, why have her hands in the photos at all. I think it comes down to ego. She has also never been too forthright about the smoking. It's often stereotyped as a working class habit but it's very prevalent in the middle and upper classes too. I reckon she started young (not necessarily illegally young) and once she became famous, was too embarrassed to admit it because she has a child and because she is allegedly too poor for cigarettes and butter.

Reactions: 23
I get the Steve Buscemi love and have always found him attractive not a fan of Jack oofting about him. But, then I like big brains and I cannot all them silly little imbeciles need not apply. According to a woke but filthy romance book that makes me sapiosexual . Sets countdown to see how long it takes Jack to appropriate this term or one of the fifty others available

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I have always presumed that the article about SBā€™s Dad came out because she was feeling the pressure of her lies. She got ā€œfamousā€ being the single poor mum, thereā€™s no way she would have got where she did if she had been upfront and open about having co-parent support. Everyone assumed from what she said and failed to say, that he was a deadbeat Dad, itā€™s clear now that heā€™s nothing like that. It must have been awful for him and his family. We did see a comment on Mumsnet defending him against unkind comments. (Also saying that Jack hid her pregnancy from him). I think he just had enough or perhaps someone was going to expose Jack as a liar.
That was the article that peak Jacked me. I remember when Hunger Hurts came out and I felt so sorry for her. I even donated money, despite being really skint and on maternity leave at the time. I assumed that the dad was either a massive piece of tit whoā€™d let his kid go hungry, or had an addiction or mental health issue that meant he wasnā€™t able to help out. I seem to remember at the time she said something about him having his own issues or something vague like that.

So yeah, I felt pretty stupid seeing her pop up in the Guardian going on about what an amazing guy he is. I did wonder what her motivation was for writing that article. I can imagine heā€™d be pretty pissed off with the speculation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Jack's Steve Buscemi post has only received 1 retweet and 238 likes so far, which is woeful for her. Generally thousands of squigs retweet every epically stupid brain fart she posts.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Iā€™m sorry for repeating topics that the veterans of this thread will have read and discussed many times over, but given the extreme poverty she experienced, why would she write this (Guardian 2019) about SBā€™s father:
ā€œA few years, and many more practical jokes later, I nervously told you I was pregnant. You didnā€™t hesitate. ā€œAnything you decide to do, anything you need, Iā€™ll support you,ā€ you said. I was so frightened, and you were so strong and steadfast. Itā€™s been that way ever since.ā€

With that level of reassurance and offer of support, why was she alone on Christmas Day 2011 in a freezing cold house with no hot water, no presents at all (didnā€™t anyone buy her or SB anything?) and no food in the fridge which was switched off at the mains?
Couldnā€™t she have gone to her parents, or given how supportive SBā€™s dad is/was, is it reasonable to believe left her sitting in her own misery with only her urine for warmth on Christmas Day?

If this is true then instead of calling him ā€œmy sonā€™s father ā€“ the most decent man Iā€™ve ever metā€ Iā€™d have called him a heartless bastard.

Itā€™s all too much for me, this.
Yeah, there's lots of things like this.
There is the infamous Mumsnet post (I think it's in the Wiki) almost certainly from SBs step mum that just ripped into all Jackā€™s lies.
The poster said that Jack moved in with SBs dad when he was born and he did everything as she was incapacitated after the CS.
It also said he has always had his son 50% of the time as well as paying child support.
It is generally accepted as being legit for many reasons, mostly because it makes sense and others have backed up this version of events.
Plus the infamous falling out with her brother because he called her a liar to her face, aswell as him (and others, believed to be cousins) answering her Twitter posts with things like 'this never happened ' and 'why are you lying?'
Many other things have happened to disprove her version of events, not least SBs Dad's own SM history.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Iā€™m glad sheā€™s back. Well, not really glad, you knowā€¦but I was starting to get a bit concerned about the radio silence after the ā€œAlcoholism? Completed it mate!ā€ hoohah.

Back to the random shitposting and no apology. Nothing to see here.

Because I was getting a bit worried (Iā€™m a catastrophiser, okay, who wouldnā€™t be in this crazy world?) I was going to hold off commenting, but something in the milk ainā€™t clean - as usual.

The ā€œjust say noā€ tweeting was just bloody weird. Thank you to all the lovely fraus sharing their knowledge and experience about this and huge hugs šŸ¤— ā¤ to anyone Jack has triggered.

I canā€™t imagine anyone who has been through AA (or similar) ever thinking that ā€˜adviceā€™ was appropriate. And, it beggars belief that anyone who only recently gone through treatment would go on about it so publicly at all (let alone act as an expert). Hello, itā€™s anonymous for very good reasons!

Can you think of anyone else in the public eye who acts like this? I donā€™t mean people who yo-yo in and out of Priory, or other vague wellness treatments. I mean, properly gone through an intense programme, like AA.

I know Elton offers to mentor people, but this is after many years of sobriety. Okay, Russell Brand, but heā€™s a gobshite anyway - and also went through a long process to get clean, as far as I understand, before he started shouting about it.

Jack talks like someone who doesnā€˜t understand alcohol addiction. Who doesnā€™t understand how to overcome an addiction to alcohol. Who doesnā€™t understand how AA works. Which is odd to say the least after all that therapy for that exact issue.

Nah, I wonā€™t speculate further. Already written an essay, apologies!
I used to worry too but Jack has a habit of doing this. She knows exactly what she is doing because she has lied so often about suicide attempts and ideation. But then she is back without acknowledgement of the serious issues and wittering on about something trivial. The seemingly trivial topics are a means to push the controversies further down her timeline. It's all very calculating.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
As someone who RENTS Iā€™m often curious about how much she pays. That place is insane for one person, or even one person plus a child. Looking at local ads, a smaller detached place, thatā€™s not as nice as Jackā€™s ā€˜crappy bungalowā€™ is going for Ā£1,400 a month in that area.

While I sympathise with the struggles of saving a deposit while renting, it is beyond stupid to rent basically the most expensive place you can find to try and maintain your lifestyle. She could rent somewhere for half that price.
Was the same thing with the 'executive flat'. I imagine if you always had to have designer labels and the biggest and best, you would feel poor if you couldn't afford that.

It still wouldn't change your upbringing or mean you're destitute as Jack loves to have people believe. She has always been terrible with money. When she's had more and when she's had less. And all of this faux thriftiness is a smokescreen so people feel she's struggled like they have. She hasn't šŸ¤·

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
She's admitted to drinking during the poverty. She's also denied drinking during the poverty. Take your pick šŸ¤·

• Sad
Reactions: 54
Let us not forget she also astro-turfed under the spiral staircase that goes to the upper floor in her bungalow. I don't remember seeing photographic evidence, I only remember this quote by dear heart @TurnedUpInTipp that still makes me hoot violently. Sorry, I've had to squiggle your avatar, it's too upsetting.

tuit's quote.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
That was the article that peak Jacked me. I remember when Hunger Hurts came out and I felt so sorry for her. I even donated money, despite being really skint and on maternity leave at the time. I assumed that the dad was either a massive piece of tit whoā€™d let his kid go hungry, or had an addiction or mental health issue that meant he wasnā€™t able to help out. I seem to remember at the time she said something about him having his own issues or something vague like that.

So yeah, I felt pretty stupid seeing her pop up in the Guardian going on about what an amazing guy he is. I did wonder what her motivation was for writing that article. I can imagine heā€™d be pretty pissed off with the speculation.
But of course SBs dad has the be THE GREATEST MAN IN THE WORLD. Jackie wouldnā€™t settle for less now would she!!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.