Jack Monroe #236 You absolute whelksplat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is worse. Jack wrote a detailed story account of her labour and Johnny's birth where she described her agonies and remaining silent throughout, also including the fact that she ripped a hospital radiator from the wall.
Her son is her precious boy but she had to grow up with feral foster children.
Didnt Jack have a CS? So she was not exactly mobile. I've had 3 babies, all different births and types of labour with varying levels of trauma and danger and I think I could say I'm experienced. There is no way you can stay silent or have the energy to rip radiators off walls. It's not usually as dramatic as portrayed on TV with all the screaming either but major contractions will make you whimper or groan at the very least. It's exhausting, all your focus is on managing the pain before getting ready to give birth.

Not only is Jack peddling more pointless lies to make herself look like a hero, she is also diminishing what is one of the most painful and dangerous experiences a woman can go through. New mums are physically and emotionally vulnerable, imagine if a new mum who had had a very painful and vocal labour had read that and subsequently felt inadequate or that she was less of a strong figure that her child could look up to.

Jack's lies are extremely selfish but they are equally dangerous as we keep seeing. Her words are very damaging and she will know this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
I’m sorry for repeating topics that the veterans of this thread will have read and discussed many times over, but given the extreme poverty she experienced, why would she write this (Guardian 2019) about SB’s father:
“A few years, and many more practical jokes later, I nervously told you I was pregnant. You didn’t hesitate. “Anything you decide to do, anything you need, I’ll support you,” you said. I was so frightened, and you were so strong and steadfast. It’s been that way ever since.”

With that level of reassurance and offer of support, why was she alone on Christmas Day 2011 in a freezing cold house with no hot water, no presents at all (didn’t anyone buy her or SB anything?) and no food in the fridge which was switched off at the mains?
Couldn’t she have gone to her parents, or given how supportive SB’s dad is/was, is it reasonable to believe left her sitting in her own misery with only her urine for warmth on Christmas Day?

If this is true then instead of calling him “my son’s father – the most decent man I’ve ever met” I’d have called him a heartless bastard.

It’s all too much for me, this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83
I'm starting to disbelieve the story of her hiding her poverty from her parents. Her Dad would have known that she was no longer employed by the Fire Service.
Her family did know Jack wasn't working(although I don't think she has other claimed otherwise). And in one version her father was trying to get her job back for her.

If Jack was hiding her poverty from her parents it was the only people she was hiding it from. Her sale of her many many possessions was in the first summer of The Poverty, and was advertised on Facebook and an article in the local newspaper.

I can only imagine the humiliation felt by Jack's civicly minded parents when that happened.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I've been on an uber grunk and honestly my mind is just this gif

Love to all the Fraus and Herrs in these trying times ❤
I'm quite ready for a double pronged approach from Anniversary of the Viggles and those calling out her hideous, damaging advice. I know it is not strictly health advice but are they Higgles? It's vaguely in the right sphere as she's been spouting tit about mental health and medication as well as AA. I feel they are forming a unit of non-trolls just like the Viggles.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Re her cupboard under the non existent stairs - do I remember the back pack of tins of paint was to do up this space as a photographic studio? 😂

I don't know why I find the Steve Buscemi crush so annoying. But I do.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Steve Buscemi is literally everything she isn't - talented, hard-working and respected.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I’m sorry for repeating topics that the veterans of this thread will have read and discussed many times over, but given the extreme poverty she experienced, why would she write this (Guardian 2019) about SB’s father:
“A few years, and many more practical jokes later, I nervously told you I was pregnant. You didn’t hesitate. “Anything you decide to do, anything you need, I’ll support you,” you said. I was so frightened, and you were so strong and steadfast. It’s been that way ever since.”

With that level of reassurance and offer of support, why was she alone on Christmas Day 2011 in a freezing cold house with no hot water, no presents at all (didn’t anyone buy her or SB anything?) and no food in the fridge which was switched off at the mains?
Couldn’t she have gone to her parents, or given how supportive SB’s dad is/was, is it reasonable to believe left her sitting in her own misery with only her urine for warmth on Christmas Day?

If this is true then instead of calling him “my son’s father – the most decent man I’ve ever met” I’d have called him a heartless bastard.

It’s all too much for me, this.
It's because she was likely drinking and that's why she had no money. She knew what her family would say.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I mean, it really is some serious serial killer tit.
Imagine going to someone’s home and their cushion tassels was made out of human hair, you wouldn’t be able to get out the house fast enough and be on the phone to the police that there’s a possibility they have a body in the freezer.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
Imagine going to someone’s home and their cushion tassels was made out of human hair, you wouldn’t be able to get out the house fast enough and be on the phone to the police that there’s a possibility they have a body in the freezer.
I’m imagining trying to thread a needle with a pube in order to darn Mr ECDB’s socks.
You literally could not make this tit up.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Steve Buscemi is literally everything she isn't - talented, hard-working and respected.
I think someone may be goading a certain corner of the Internet in to questioning her sexuality, along with the male housemate bread crumbs.

OMG I SAID I FANCIED A MAN AND I'M LIVING WITH A MAN AND THEY QUESTIONED MY SEXUALITY 😭😭😭😭😭

I wouldn't, don't think it's something I feel comfortable with commenting on at all...but I definitely think this is where it's going.

ETA to apostrophise!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.