Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t own a pet but are humans allowed back in the vets unless it’s serious? The vets near me are still having people wait the car park.
I went in last week plus child and of course animal. There were other humans waiting in there too

Reactions: 22
The whole meeting is now a fashion show. Gr8. Night after night. Guaranteed attention. An atmosphere of trust and good faith and acceptance and listening... I'm sorry to say - all for her to exploit. I guess if it motivates her to go that should be good? Maybe? But she doesn't change, does she? ever. Call me a prig but I personally don't think it's a great place to be trying to flirt and pick people up which is surely what all of this is for. .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
It’s just attention, bless her. She just has to do more and more extreme and ridiculous things now. There’s the added breadcrumbing that things are so bad she needs a meeting every day, which nobody would begrudge her, naturally.

I’ve said it god knows how many times but even if you exclude here the average squig knows all these deeply personal things about a public figure. It’s so weird.

The heady days of the summer where she obviously existed and thrived without public attention seem very far away and I hope behind the scenes steps are in place to help her get back on track because this is embarrassing and hard to watch.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
1. She gets fined. She's already on a threat of having her company dissolved for not filing last year's accounts - if she doesn't get those filed it will be struck off some time around Valentine's day.

2. No. Jack's company is small enough that it's not required to file a profit and loss account, which would show the turnover and net profit before tax. She does have to file a balance sheet and you can get a very, very rough idea from that because there'll be a line on it for creditors: amounts due within 1 year and that amount will include her corporation tax (along with any outstanding VAT if it's registered, PAYE etc.)

Why has she taken her jacket off between opening her eyes and closing them?
Sorry to always bombard you with questions but does this mean the company is definitely a goner if she misses this deadline then? What are the next steps after if so? Thank you ❤

Reactions: 28
I still can't over her hair on the T & G website 😬. It's the bald sides with the sort of flappy bit at the back. And the dangly ear bits. And the crispy top bit.

@MancBee ah sorry to hear you have been having a tough time. I read something re relapse which I hope doesn't appear patronising. I've always found it a comfort - 'a lit match doesn't mean a forest fire'.
Best wishes.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
An ear worm isn’t an intrusive thought and she definitely shouldn’t be laughing about intrusive thoughts.

But I suppose the type of MH that she likes to infantilise and reduce to “I can only wear black” and “the light is slowly flickering back on” doesn’t really lend itself to the the type where people are crippled by delusions, intrusive thoughts and paranoia does it?

I apologise. I am becoming the type of person I dislike. Not sure that I can be around this for much longer.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
An ear worm isn’t an intrusive thought and she definitely shouldn’t be laughing about intrusive thoughts.

But I suppose the type of MH that she likes to infantilise and reduce to “I can only wear black” and “the light is slowly flickering back on” doesn’t really lend itself to the the type where people are crippled by delusions, intrusive thoughts and paranoia does it?

I apologise. I am becoming the type of person I dislike. Not sure that I can be around this for much longer.
Jack would never understand the hell of formal thought disorder.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.