Jack Monroe #234 A Grifty Kind of Self-Love

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry to always bombard you with questions but does this mean the company is definitely a goner if she misses this deadline then? What are the next steps after if so? Thank you ❤
There are quite a few steps to it - and any strike off action could be halted by submission of the accounts. Alternatively, other parties (such as HMRC) can lodge an objection to strike off which freezes all action.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There are quite a few steps to it - and any strike off action could be halted by submission of the accounts. Alternatively, other parties (such as HMRC) can lodge an objection to strike off which freezes all action.
Thank you! Will we see the drama unfold via the artistic medium of .PDF or will it be hush hush ?

These 54 hours can be like our very own 24 hours in police custody

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
a "hahaha" at someone comparing earworms to intrusive thoughts?! bleurgh.

I bleeping wish they were the same

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Has she still got those clothes on for the umpteenth day running, or did she do different eyes all on one day, and is drip feeding them to the squigs?

❤ to @MancBee

Too slow again! Beaten to it by @Orphan_Black

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
@MancBee sending you a big hug and hoping you have plenty support and love round you. I'm guessing the kitten is at vet's for its check up or jag's. It will be more up to date with it's jags than Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
♥ to @MancBee and a reminder that the food & drink thread is here for anyone finding all this a bit much but still wanting to chat.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Sorry to always bombard you with questions but does this mean the company is definitely a goner if she misses this deadline then? What are the next steps after if so? Thank you ❤
In a sense, this 31st December deadline isn't too important. Currently the only two things that will stop the company being struck off in February are (1) filing the 2019/2020 accounts that were due on 31st March this year (3-month extension due to Covid), (2) a creditor of the company objecting to the strike off. If she hasn't paid her corporation tax, which runs on a different schedule timings-wise than filing things with Companies House, and HMRC thinks they can get money out of the company, they will object and hold things up.

If neither of those two things happen, the next thing we'll see is a line in the filing history that reads 'Final Gazette: dissolved via compulsory strike-off' - and that's it, the company's gone. Any assets it owned at the time of strike-off along with any cash become the property of the Crown (although I don't think they'll be too interested in taking ownership of any Cotswold Company sideboards purchased through the company as essential staging props).

It's possible there might be an investigation into Jack's behaviour as a director and she could get disqualified for acting as a director for anything up to 15 years, but this is quite unusual. That said, I know three disqualified directors, but I just obviously have dodgy friends! I don't think at Jack's level of turnover she's going to have anything to worry about on that front.

EDIT: Sorry, SundaySchoolTeacher replied while I was typing! Apologies for duplication!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
In a sense, this 31st December deadline isn't too important. Currently the only two things that will stop the company being struck off in February are (1) filing the 2019/2020 accounts that were due on 31st March this year (3-month extension due to Covid), (2) a creditor of the company objecting to the strike off. If she hasn't paid her corporation tax, which runs on a different schedule timings-wise than filing things with Companies House, and HMRC thinks they can get money out of the company, they will object and hold things up.

If neither of those two things happen, the next thing we'll see is a line in the filing history that reads 'Final Gazette: dissolved via compulsory strike-off' - and that's it, the company's gone. Any assets it owned at the time of strike-off along with any cash become the property of the Crown (although I don't think they'll be too interested in taking ownership of any Cotswold Company sideboards purchased through the company as essential staging props).

It's possible there might be an investigation into Jack's behaviour as a director and she could get disqualified for acting as a director for anything up to 15 years, but this is quite unusual. That said, I know three disqualified directors, but I just obviously have dodgy friends! I don't think at Jack's level of turnover she's going to have anything to worry about on that front.

EDIT: Sorry, SundaySchoolTeacher replied while I was typing! Apologies for duplication!
Just for neatness, are 2020/2021 in 51/2 hours too?

Reactions: 17

yours was by far the better answer though!

#taxfacts

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Is this the shirt?
I think Jack replied to a squiggle that it was H&M and the thermal top was Asda? Think the screenshot is in the last thread.

ETA: Sorry it was from Primark according to Marm’s ss:

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.