Jack Monroe #233 Please leave me and my cat alone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet she uses Trilogy rose hip oil for like £35 and not the £5 the ordinary one.

Reactions: 33
I have never ever heard of someone referring to a therapist as their friend. Is that even professionally allowed?

I get that she is the most unprofessional person ever, but therapists aren’t. Which means there was never a discussion about them helping the most impossible patients.

• Heart
Reactions: 78
3DD81E5C-56E3-418F-9816-98319C53BC31.jpeg

Read Marm’s in proper order but bleeping hell. She really does think she’s Angelina in Girl Interrupted now.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 81
I have never ever heard of someone referring to a therapist as their friend. Is that even professionally allowed?
any old person can call themselves a counsellor but an actual accredited therapist is not allowed to be friends with their clients outside of sessions as it obviously breaks so many ethical boundaries. So either her therapists are not ‘literal experts’ and actually unaccredited charlatans she found on the internet orrrrr shes lying

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 81
Do you think she’s hoping that MAC see her terrible make up looks and do what Abercrombie & Fitch did to Mike ‘The Situation’ Sorrentino off Jersey Shore and pay her not to wear/ mention them?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
They aren't her friends. It's likely an excuse to stop their sessions.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
Her guff is hilarious. An effective therapist will never be your friend.

But Of course she'd be attracted to unprofessional unboundaried therapists. They're pumped out by the thousand. The other scenario is that as soon as they get too close to troubled waters and begin to challenge her, she's off shopping for a new one.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
Would be great if she could acknowledge how privileged she is to be able to access so much therapy. And thank the patrons for enabling her to afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Her guff is hilarious. An effective therapist will never be your friend.

But Of course she'd be attracted to unprofessional unboundaried therapists. They're pumped out by the thousand. The other scenario is that as soon as they get too close to troubled waters and begin to challenge her, she's off shopping for a new one.
100%! the way she writes about her experiences sounds like literally none of it is true. If she actually threw a chair at her therapist then she’s an even bigger bleep than i ever gave her credit for.

• Heart
Reactions: 77
Therapy advice Jack is getting on my nerves, maybe if she committed to the sessions she wouldn’t have had to see so many.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
She's spouting a very dangerous load of garbage as usual. Her squiggles who hang on her every word will now think you can become friends with your therapist - most therapists stick to a strict code of ethics and forming relationships outside of the therapeutic relationship compromises the work that therapy does for a client.

If people who are in therapy read this tit, they may think their therapist is their friend and this isn't allowed to happen (I imagine that after years have passed and no contact, some therapists will become friends with their clients but it is strictly frowned upon).

She's probably encountered transferance and thinks that her therapists are her friends because they're not allowed to invalidate her and listen to her every word. By friends she probably means, she sends them an email every now and again with a selfie to show how well she's doing and they reply "good to hear it". So obvs, this will mean they're best friends.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.