Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MancBee

VIP Member
Still trying to catch up, but 20 or so pages behind. Needed to just jump forward to say, Jack really is lacking in style, she is totally unfashionable, and is the epitome of bad taste.

Jack's self congratulating sober Christmas isn't what she thinks it is. It is all about her, "aren't I good" "look at me, I don't drink" "praise me for my achievement"... The whole of her twitter is self focussed. It is attention seeking to an extreme I didn't think was possible. Well some people didn't manage it. It doesn't make us less than you Jack.

I have had a really bad year. My cancer is proving problematic to treat and whatever treatment will cause life changing consequences. I wanted to let my hair down and went too far. I am paying the price now, not only financially (which I can't really afford) but mentally too. I got completely off my face on J1g and Tina, and anything else I could get my hands on.

I lost 2 days over Christmas. I feel like shit now. I know why I did it, but wish I hadn't. I am not ashamed of myself, more disappointed. It was a blip. I can't say it won't happen again, unlike Jack, I am a realist and know I am flawed.

Back to the gunk. See what other stuff Jack can do to wind me up.

By the way, her makeup makes her look like a clown. 🤡

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 153

colouredlines

VIP Member
I'm half-South African, and lived there for about half my childhood. Desmond Tutu was one of the greatest human beings in history - a brilliant, brilliant man who dedicated his entire life to fighting every form of injustice. His work against Apartheid and his essential role in the TRCs shaped a nation. In his later life, he spoke out against SA's worst politicians (and leaders of other countries, like Mugabe), dedicated enormous amounts of time, money, and energy to tackling the AIDS epidemic, and defended groups who have often been left voiceless in SA politics, such as the gay community and religious minorities.

I hope his legacy lives forever, both in South Africa and across the globe.

Two things, then:

a) Desmond Tutu voted for the first time at the age of 62. Before then, he had been excluded from the political process because of the colour of his skin. Jack Monroe using the death of this amazing man to simultaneously big herself up and sneer at Boris Johnson is disgusting. I genuinely think Jack is too stupid to realise how lucky she is to have been born in a peaceful, prosperous country in western Europe. She honestly seems to believe that Boris Johnson is a dictator and the worst politician on the planet. Sure, he's not great, but I would take him over PW Botha any day of the week.

b) Desmond Tutu was a very quotable man. Almost every word he uttered in public was pure gold, to be treasured. You know what he didn't say? That thing about pulling people out of the river: https://shkspr.mobi/blog/2021/06/wh...ng-upstream-to-find-out-whos-pushing-them-in/

In conclusion? Fuckyou very much, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 117

Formal Chicken

Fuck you Jack.

I just need to get this out of my system;

I’m so angry about “the therapist is my friend” shite. On Thursday I’m attending the funeral of a friend who could have done with options as Jack seems to have. Mental health and addiction isn’t a joke and is not for entertainment. My mental health is currently the best it’s been for 20 years, mainly due to a new type of therapy I’ve had. At no point have I ever considered a therapist or counselling as friend material, I fully aware of the boundaries and why they are there.

Fuck you for your lies.
Fuck you for all the attention seeking
Fuck you for all the ‘light in my eyes’ shite

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 102

blurstoftimes

VIP Member
Replying to a squig who is asking how to find a new therapist:
View attachment 947154
omg this makes me want to SCREAM. The only way in which Jack would be considered is a difficult client is not because she is the most sickliest poorliest most terrible sufferer of mental health in the world, it’s much more likely that because she is such an unpleasant and unlikeable person that therapists are unable to offer her unconditional positive regard and have to refer her to someone else. This is a thing!! ps therapists are not your friends you fucking imbecile

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 100

Pocahontas

VIP Member
If it’s no-one’s business who she’s friends with then why doesn’t she stop bleating about it on twitter? Got to take the rough with the smooth if you choose to publicise every fart.
Shut up, Jack and go and eat some Celebrations like the rest of us.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 94

Rekyavikgirl

VIP Member
There's a large group of what I refer to as 'the professionally unwell' on Twitter, many of whom interact with Jack, and I avoid them like the plague. They have made such a good living out of their conditions that there is absolutely no incentive for them to identify out of the sick role or show any form of growth whatsoever. (I am not referring to people with these conditions in general who tend to live their lives in fully-rounded ways and do everything they can to avoid being reduced to labels.) But the monetising of inability - and I mean wilful inability- is really disturbing.

Jack's rejection of any comments from squigs identifying positive signs of change in her behaviour ('No, wearing makeup is not a good sign' being one) is a classic tell. She can't risk being seen as functioning successfully or the money from begging will cease to flow. This also gives her a good reason to avoid a proper, reliable job or do anything really to change her situation herself. She wants someone to do it for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 91

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
A therapist just wouldn’t see you again if you’d been violent. Throwing a chair, ffs. Real life isn’t like One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest ya div.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89

Silver Linings

VIP Member
'I'm either too much or not enough' is the new 'if you don't love me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best.' Stop being a narc and people may enjoy spending time with you. Free advice to squiggle and Jack.

Many freelance writers also know the meaning of words such as kahuna, fauna and unctuous.
And how to spell practice and thank you.

Reminder: It's Opal Fruits eyeshadow today.
648FCF9F-D6EA-402A-9ED8-1212DFA4C96D.jpeg

If she wears the thermal turtleneck for the 3rd day in a row i’ll heave.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 89

Pocahontas

VIP Member
It’s not ever appropriate to call your therapists ‘friends’, is it? If someone snapped all my biros and threw a chair at me, in whatever setting, I’d be calling the fuzz, not adding them to the Christmas card list.

• Heart
Reactions: 88

colouredlines

VIP Member
To be clear, that is indeed Jack Monroe, champion of the downtrodden, saying that an adult with ADHD and autism is equivalent to a 7-year-old.

She really does neurodiverse people no favours.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86
Am grunking and currently only at gamergoosegate so apologies if someone already said this but if she asked for game recommendations on a bank holiday evening and then immediately started playing the goose game this suggests she downloaded it. Therefore, your honour, she likely has a WiFi connection at home #wifitruther

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 84