Jack Monroe #233 Please leave me and my cat alone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fucks sake i’m furious about this therapist tit.
Yep I agree… I think I’ve only posted here a whopping three times but the smug way she writes about therapy makes me feel nauseous.
It’s far too glib for such a serious subject. I was shocked reading it. I know it’s only short bursts allowed on Twitter… but stillll… It makes me feel a bit yucky

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
i’ve gone to chuckling away at her tragic reverse mullet to feeling physically enraged at her dramatic lies about therapy in the space of like 15 minutes! exhausting…‘twas ever thus

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I feel a bit dirty reading those tweets, it's almost like reading texts / emails on someone else's phone & getting caught. 4 days till the new moon - chaos is building.

To echo some of the above. I have a close family member who is a psychotherapist and they will not see relatives, friends or anyone there is a firsthand connection to. A therapist needs to be impartial.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Slight well complete merail:
I’m currently seeing a therapist and whilst he has/is helping me massively I would never call him a friend. In fact there’s a few times I’ve really disliked him because he’s made me speak about things I’ve wanted to keep buried. But I’ve learned therapy sometimes makes you uncomfortable, you don’t always come away from your session feeling happy and positive.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
🔺work related - we use accredited therapists and if this was to happen , they would be reported to the relevant body and taken straight off our books. It’s usually the counsellor/therapist that raises the issue, when there is an inappropriate attachment. The fact that this narc thinks it appropriate to share this amount of detail, whether or not it’s true, is alarming. From a personal opinion, she’d be better off with a psychiatrist. I mean that sincerely.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
I have a friend who is a therapist (not a therapist who is a friend), and she's told me that if she ever passes one of her clients in the street, she gives them the briefest of nods, without engaging with them, especially if they are with other people. She says it's for confidentiality reasons - some people don't want to have to explain who she is, and how they know her. For Jack to suggest that she is friends with her therapist is such bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
It’s not ever appropriate to call your therapists ‘friends’, is it? If someone snapped all my biros and threw a chair at me, in whatever setting, I’d be calling the fuzz, not adding them to the Christmas card list.

• Heart
Reactions: 88
Haven't we had the chair throwing story before? Only it was aimed at a publisher or assistant? Alcohol combined with J1g is a dangerous combo *just sayin'*

• Heart
Reactions: 46
A therapist/counsellor is NOT your friend. I spent 4 years in fortnightly counselling, and I *loved* my counsellor - they literally saved my life. I still see them around occasionally (small town) and we nod and smile at each other but we never were and never could be friends

Jack, you are a dangerous, lying piece of tit

• Heart
Reactions: 78
My old therapist wouldn’t even tell me what breed of dog she had when I heard it barking in her garden. I knew her name and address and that was it. Because she was professional and not my friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
It’s not ever appropriate to call your therapists ‘friends’, is it? If someone snapped all my biros and threw a chair at me, in whatever setting, I’d be calling the fuzz, not adding them to the Christmas card list.
I am so sure it didn’t happen. Jack’s embellished stories always sound like awful corny Lifetime style movies that you only watch when you’re hungover or stuck in a hotel with limited channels.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
My old therapist wouldn’t even tell me what breed of dog she had when I heard it barking in her garden. I knew her name and address and that was it. Because she was professional and not my friend.
I knew my counsellors cats names because their therapy room is in their house and they used to come and curl up under the chair
But yes, boundaries. My counsellor and I would have long chats about anything and everything but we both knew where the lines were and any self-respecting professional will always keep them

• Heart
Reactions: 43
if the biro thing is true then that’s extra harsh coming from Jack miss hoarder of precious pens

0B7CF877-DEDE-4B03-B04E-32B8542FFA7A.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Pen snapping tweet and another therapist one have been deleted.

ETA - All the ones sent as a reply have gone. I really hope they hadn’t been read.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.