Jack Monroe #233 Please leave me and my cat alone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet the squigs hang on her every word.

Her eternal victim schtick works well so she makes a comfortable living out of it. No wonder she can’t sleep. The guilt would get me.
I couldn't sleep either if I knew I had 2 tax returns due and a bankruptcy looming on the horizon.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
I don't doubt she wasn't a witch at school.

She reminds me of many of girls I went to school with. I was the quiet geeky girl.
I think Jack is someone who is both intimidated by most girls/women and looks down at them. I imagine she does a good looks you up and down sneer face. I’m sure she passes judgement on everyone she meets.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Yet the squigs hang on her every word.

Her eternal victim schtick works well so she makes a comfortable living out of it. No wonder she can’t sleep. The guilt would get me.
I don't think she has a shred of guilt about her. She loves bleeping people over and enjoying nice things.

Reactions: 30
I bet she gets sent loads of stuff, all the time. Remember she complained people tried to send her booze all the time, I bet that’s the tip of the iceberg.

I know someone who has a parenting blog/Instagram and she gets sent stuff all the time (and shows it and says it’s gifted).

Reactions: 36
"No freebies here - chance would be a fine thing!"

Poor Jack obviously thinks someone of her social media standing should be #gifted more than she already is. 👉👈🥺

Off the top of my head, these are all things that have been donated/given to her since these threads started:

-£500 pizza oven that was used once and never mentioned again

-Weighted blanket she didn't even thank the donor for

-Shopping trolley

-Airpods (allowed to keep after Hellmans shitshow)

-Russell Hobbs giving her a free replacement kettle

-Free sofa (delivered in error)

-Tiggy + Bo bags (multiple) (great for putting things in)

-Monthly Patreon £££ for doing duck ALL

-Plus squigs practically offering to give her their bank account details whenever she so much as hints at an unexpected expense.

And yet none of it is ever enough.

(Feel free to add anything I've forgotten)
The bleeping fishos 😭
The daffodils
And most recently, an actual kitten.
Apols if anyone has beat me to it.

• Sad
5ef9311e9e195393f61b6bcec7f69130.jpg
i often think of this when she's rambling on about nice things.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I think Jack is someone who is both intimidated by most girls/women and looks down at them. I imagine she does a good looks you up and down sneer face. I’m sure she passes judgement on everyone she meets.
Oh I know one of these, says "I'm not a girly girl" then whips out the hair straighteners and puts on 3 inch heels. I mostly dress like John Craven circa 1991 and if I break out the slap now and again it's a whim not a personality trait.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I think this is the crux.

Women getting on with the things that women have been doing since the dawn of time? Awful, hideous, Jack can't be seen to be part of this.

Slapping a clown car's worth of patriarchy onto her face in the form of some shite make up? Brave. Creative. Mostly-pretend smiles, but the light is returning etc. etc. etc.

Obviously this is not looking down on people who wear make up (I wear it too) but just in the context of Jack, she treats women with such derision, while totally buying into the "feminine" when it suits her. Ack she's a ghoul.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Her lack of progression is startling- in make-up and food. Zero evidence of the acquisition of skills or knowledge. This is a hell of a feat.
We’re coming up to 2022. Nearly the ten year anniversary of the Hunger Hurts blog. But has she done anything with the opportunities or piles of cash that have been thrown her way for the past DECADE? Has her cooking or writing shown any improvement? I think we all know the answer to that!

Predicting now that some shitrag will publish ‘ten years on’ where she claims she’s ‘a tiny bit better off’ but still has PTSD from being poor and lives in a very cold smol house that’s RENTED. Again, refusing to be even a tiny bit grateful or acknowledging that she has things easier than the vast majority of the population.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Love how she's like "I dyed all my clothes black" but then bought a black blouse from Primark and none of the other clothes she's taking selfies in are black 🙄 Why lie?

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Love how she's like "I dyed all my clothes black" but then bought a black blouse from Primark and none of the other clothes she's taking selfies in are black 🙄 Why lie?
She dyed her clothes ruined them, binned them and went shopping.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Belated Merry Everything Dear Cabal!

I've been on a weird grunk this morning, fell asleep halfway through the Gaming Jack discussion and must have clicked on the Gaming Thread link...woke up and started scrolling, wondering why we were all suddenly game freaks (wasn't really paying attention to usernames) 😳

Anyway, back on track, I'd like to apologise to you all for asking Jack for a makeup selfie a few days ago.

the-fast-show-fast-show (1).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She dyed her clothes ruined them, binned them and went shopping.
Omg probably, or she just binned them anyway and did a mad spluge and has to justify why she has lots of new clothes. "Oh these old things?!? They are not new m'lud, they were hand dyed by my fair old wisened hands"...

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Omg probably, or she just binned them anyway and did a mad spluge and has to justify why she has lots of new clothes. "Oh these old things?!? They are not new m'lud, they were hand dyes by my fair old wisened hands"...
She could have donated the lot instead of ruining them.

I think this is the crux.

Women getting on with the things that women have been doing since the dawn of time? Awful, hideous, Jack can't be seen to be part of this.

Slapping a clown car's worth of patriarchy onto her face in the form of some shite make up? Brave. Creative. Mostly-pretend smiles, but the light is returning etc. etc. etc.

Obviously this is not looking down on people who wear make up (I wear it too) but just in the context of Jack, she treats women with such derision, while totally buying into the "feminine" when it suits her. Ack she's a ghoul.
She couldn't bow down and just wear a skirt on her fire service parade, no no, the other women were sheep to wear such a hideous piece of clothing....

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She could have donated the lot instead of ruining them.

She couldn't bow down and just wear a skirt on her fire service parade, no no, the other women were sheep to wear such a hideous piece of clothing....
Although the skirt thing probably didn't happen. What with it being a call centre job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Hot water actually dries your skin out. You should use tepid water and a flannel with a sensitive facesoap and then moisturize.
I doubt she does it, she’s such a pick me girl #notlikeothergirls
I don’t have particularly dry skin but the thought of scrubbing at it with a flannel and hot hot water makes my face feel drier than the Sahara!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.