Jack Monroe #233 Please leave me and my cat alone

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"No freebies here - chance would be a fine thing!"

Poor Jack obviously thinks someone of her social media standing should be #gifted more than she already is. 👉👈🥺

Off the top of my head, these are all things that have been donated/given to her since these threads started:

-£500 pizza oven that was used once and never mentioned again

-Weighted blanket she didn't even thank the donor for

-Shopping trolley

-Airpods (allowed to keep after Hellmans shitshow)

-Russell Hobbs giving her a free replacement kettle

-Free sofa (delivered in error)

-Tiggy + Bo bags (multiple) (great for putting things in)

-Monthly Patreon £££ for doing duck ALL

-Plus squigs practically offering to give her their bank account details whenever she so much as hints at an unexpected expense.

And yet none of it is ever enough.

(Feel free to add anything I've forgotten)
All the DM prunes that she donated on.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I'm just sitting here thinking about how thrilled she was when a ~kindly neighbour~ left some soap on her doorstep and she took it as a compliment lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I really don't think she is 🙊
Objectively I think she is. If she wasn't she would never have become the Guardian's favourite poor person.

Add a few stone, bad skin/teeth etc and there would have been no book deal.

But I see it as a neutral characteristic. It doesn't make Jack a better or worse person.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
To me she has one of those faces of the nasty girls at high school, you know the type ... they're pretty/cute throughout their teens and early 20s but fairly soon their true character starts showing on their faces.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I really don't think she is 🙊
I’m totally with you.
Jack’s desire to effectively be babied and looked after by a partner is a totally unattractive trait. And she’s not my type, the tattoos are rank, she looks like she smells of stale tobacco and some old lady perfume mixed. Giorgio Red or something. She really isn’t my type, I like women I date to be of equal standing to me and she evidently has abandonment and attachment issues. Even taking away her personality issues, and the fact she doesn’t know who she is, she’s not attractive in the slightest to me.

It would be like falling in love with a tidal wave as once you’re in it, you’ll never get out alive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I put makeup on this morning. It's all highstreet as I don't have a puddle of goodwill.

It took me fifteen minutes for my normal day makeup. I unfortunately didn't spend hours blending my eyeshadow. I have got on my normal day neutral tone colour. Guess I'm boring!

Reactions: 30
How does this work when you’re a basic imposter? It’s like me putting a photo of Kate Moss up and pretending it’s me and then everyone saying “babe your cheek bones and jaw line are amazing and how do you stay so slim” when I’m a basic fat bleep who’s sat up at 1.32 eating all the chrimbo chocolate. Surely it’s counter productive for dopamine if it’s nothing like you 🤷‍♀️
Hard sgreem this is one of the many reasons I don't bother with facetune or whatever those many many apps are.
Its always a shock when I see someone in real life who's completely smoothed out their features on social media, I think if I did it and then saw someone in real life I'd be like the beautiful girl who turns into the decaying old woman in the bathtub of room 237 (reference to a better, less dull, Jack)

Reactions: 33
Her lack of progression is startling- in make-up and food. Zero evidence of the acquisition of skills or knowledge. This is a hell of a feat.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
To me she has one of those faces of the nasty girls at high school, you know the type ... they're pretty/cute throughout their teens and early 20s but fairly soon their true character starts showing on their faces.
I don't doubt she wasn't a witch at school.

She reminds me of many of girls I went to school with. I was the quiet geeky girl.

Reactions: 28
Her lack of progression is startling- in make-up and food. Zero evidence of the acquisition of skills or knowledge. This is a hell of a feat.
Yup, have been browsing old threads and JackTime is most definitely a flat circle.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I put makeup on this morning. It's all highstreet as I don't have a puddle of goodwill.

It took me fifteen minutes for my normal day makeup. I unfortunately didn't spend hours blending my eyeshadow. I have got on my normal day neutral tone colour. Guess I'm boring!
Aw @Lanie - were you not influenced to try the “stink bug eye”?

… which is a reaction I wish Tattle mods would give us for the Jackie threads….

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Like how she's sticking it to the man, smashing the patriarchy and capitalism, and challenging gender norms these last few days. An icon of our time.
I was just wondering if the haircut is meant to be non-binary-icon style. You know, boy from the back, girl from the front 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Yet the squigs hang on her every word.

Her eternal victim schtick works well so she makes a comfortable living out of it. No wonder she can’t sleep. The guilt would get me.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.