Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The parsley sauce reference has taken me right back to school dinners (in the late ‘60’s) - ham slices with disgusting parsley sauce 🤢.
It always reminded me of sick. Unfortunately, in those days you had to clear your plate before you could leave the dinner hall☹

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I honestly thought I had clicked on an old thread - how many times have we had the Norn Irn Jack incarnation now?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
What on Earth is ‘brown lemonade’? Last time I checked, it was red lemonade.
Brown lemonade is found widely in NI, as far as I'm aware it came about by builders drinking it in place of beer, maybe looked a bit more 'manly' being brown?!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Brown lemonade is found widely in NI, as far as I'm aware it came about by builders drinking it in place of beer, maybe looked a bit more 'manly' being brown?!
Thank you for clarifying :) I’ve only ever been to the Republic of Ireland which may be why I’ve never come across it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Which book is this. What happened to 1001 uses for bellybutton fluff? When was that due out.
Also who is still making books with her, they can’t make any bloody money?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I love how her own mother wont share a recipe with not-a-chef Jack! Too worried of the monstrosity she'd adapt it into.

Hopefully her folks are over for another intervention and to finally take her phone away.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.