Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Ispyabudgetbeanblogger That article you posted on the French serial killer 'expert' was excellent.

Truly fascinating. The doubling down, the mocked up pictures. It had it all. Also really intriguing that the lying essentially has no end game....

Reactions: 32
@Ispyabudgetbeanblogger That article you posted on the French serial killer 'expert' was excellent.

Truly fascinating. The doubling down, the mocked up pictures. It had it all. Also really intriguing that the lying essentially has no end game....
That's the bit I found so fascinating. I felt this way about Jack for a while - her lying has no real endgame. Sure, she makes some money off it, but she could have a much better career and make much more money if she was honest and worked. It seems a compulsion for her and I also think, just like the guy in the article, that she knows she's lying. She can clearly push it to one side, but she knows.

YES, @Veronicaaa, that bit jumped out at me too.

Reactions: 42
👏 dear heart.

Please please please can someone do a Jack advent calendar and we'd get the excitement of a different cheeky goblin face every day.
Oh look, free software!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
My opinion on her lying is that growing up she had thought she had a sense of entitlement mixed with jealousy. She said herself she never had the purple Merc, but she thought she should have. It comes down to today where THAT man has his own shows and ££££ in the bank and is well respected where as she still scraping around doing segments on shows like this morning and is never taken seriously despite her trying to be noticed in the poverty field.

She's jealous and bitter because deep down she knows her skill set is null and that despite her "best" attempts she never makes major ripples in her career.

She looks around and see what could and should have been and then she sees what's she has actually achieved which after ten years in the field isnt alot despite what she claims.

She should be front her own show
She should be causing as much of a stir as Marcus Rashford and co in political circles but isnt.
She's had ample opportunity but shes still pretty much in the same place as she was five years ago.

Reactions: 46
My opinion on her lying is that growing up she had thought she had a sense of entitlement mixed with jealousy. She said herself she never had the purple Merc, but she thought she should have. It comes down to today where THAT man has his own shows and ££££ in the bank and is well respected where as she still scraping around doing segments on shows like this morning and is never taken seriously despite her trying to be noticed in the poverty field.

She's jealous and bitter because deep down she knows her skill set is null and that despite her "best" attempts she never makes major ripples in her career.

She looks around and see what could and should have been and then she sees what's she has actually achieved which after ten years in the field isnt alot despite what she claims.

She should be front her own show
She should be causing as much of a stir as Marcus Rashford and co in political circles but isnt.
She's had ample opportunity but shes still pretty much in the same place as she was five years ago.
Nah she just wants to a kept woman, part of a celeb couple, where she can arse about all day, with loads of dosh but no responsibility

Reactions: 43
I would go even further and say Jack has gone backwards. She's nowhere near where she was 5 years ago.

Reactions: 61
I would go even further and say Jack has gone backwards. She's nowhere near where she was 5 years ago.
I agree. I think she reached a peak, then failed to develop herself further, to learn and progress, change with the times. So she stagnated while things moved on around her, leaving her irrelevant. Now she has no real passion or joy for her work and it shows, the lack of effort and commitment she puts in nowadays is glaring. I think that's largely why she seems to have regressed.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Especially because she hit the mainstream in what 2013. Influencing was in it's infancy and to begin with she certainly grew her accounts using the platforms favoured at the time (Twitter, blogging). But she never kept with the times and trends and evolved her content and approach. She was really in the golden era of easier account growth before the market became completely oversaturated and the algorithms became less favourable - if she'd have put the work in like others did from 2015-8 instead of the kickstarter debacle, pile ons, etc she could be up there with the greats as it was easier to stand out (also if her food wasn't sloplike and looked edible to those beyond her niche FBPE lib dem following).

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Well in a way she adapted- she went full grifter, holding a cap out for people to chuck pennies in

Reactions: 37
It does feel a bit like the end of Bullseye - look at what you could have won.
But instead of a speedboat to take home to Wolverhampton you have a dwindling food career and more and more extreme attempts for validation and relevance.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I have a mid-20s socially isolated/vulnerable relative who I saw yesterday is a Squig. She had cooked the peach and chickpea curry and tweeted it to JM thanking her for her generosity. 😢

It was in response to a JM tweet that is long departed, and didn't appear to have received a response or interaction. Perhaps JM had shared the recipe, or perhaps she was banging on about her good selfless works.

I felt sad about how JM has developed an audience and manipulated at least some of it into believing she is altruistic and in some way worthy of thanks. I hope relative's eyes are opened and she begins to add up the inconsistencies, finds here, etc.

Just a Tuesday morning anecdote.
I don't do twitter but from what I've seen and the screenshots on here I honestly believe that lots of her faithful fawning squigs are vulnerable people

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I don't do twitter but from what I've seen and the screenshots on here I honestly believe that lots of her faithful fawning squigs are vulnerable people
They are and she bleeping knows it. She fully takes advantage of them which is why she should not be working for a rehab organisation in any capacity JUST IN CASE HER THERAPISTS POP ON HERE TO TAKE A LOOK.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.