Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Half 4 Sunday evening and she has “another” adult coming for dinz and she’s tweeting shite. sure 🙄

She’s spent all day making a lasagna so she can photograph it and post it any time now. God bore off

ETA - and edit your non existent book! AND FILE YOUR ACCOUNTS

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Oh god, Plastic Paddy Jack is going to be the worst.

I've an Irish father and an Irish husband and I wouldn't dare go on about Ireland the way she does.

ETA: you can buy brown lemonade in Sainsbury's. You can get Taytos online. Grated cheese baps are not inherently Irish. Cinnamon lozenges are in Asda. Why does she talk about these things like they're never to be seen again?
You can get taytos in Tesco’s

Reactions: 30
2 adults and a pre-teen. does anyone else have the suspicion that the adult is often SB’s Dad?

• Haha
Reactions: 46
EAF0CC3E-6760-41D4-8072-EA0A55FB2A1F.jpeg

Just because she deleted it within seconds doesn’t mean I have forgotten 15 Jack previously as hers were an abomination. Maybe I’ll make some for the cable for the sloppies on Friday

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Why does she bother doing these threads if she’s just going to pipe up with “tried it!” or “yes I love that!” at every suggestion?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
You can get taytos in Tesco’s
Not to go full Jack but that's made my night.

The fact that she automatically assumes Irish dishes contain loads of booze is really bleeping offensive.
Such a good point. It's always the way with her, isn't it? Go for the lowest hanging fruit, the easiest stereotype, and we're a nasty handful of grockling trolls if we point out that maybe not perpetuating insulting stereotypes would be best.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
What about the framed, mounted, signed and double bubbled wrapped prints though, Jack? You said they would be ready in a couple of days but that was one whole month ago.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I've got whiplash from that cultural switch. Last night it was avgolemono, now it's Offensive Leprechaun Jack. A cuboid slab of pastitsio with blue cheese and black pudding sounds like an actual crime, what the heck. It's not just your ancestors who'd want to batter you for making that.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.