Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what the Greek side of Jack's family would make of her recent offering?
Disgusted_man.5be468c794d6e.png

• Haha
Reactions: 35
And she's back.

Here's a top tip, Jack. Charity shops are often filled with jigsaws of all shapes and sizes. Many in excellent condition. No need to spend a lot of money, plus it's better for the environment.
This is what I do! I buy a few, do them and then donate them back. I get my jigsaw fix and don't have endless jigsaws taking up precious space.

Oh FFS I've been eyeing up that colour gradient jigsaw for years! Why does she have to spoil everything 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 41
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
The very first thread started because of her undisclosed af links. I asked her about it in thread 31. She didn’t reply.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Meant to say it earlier but this thread title is right up there with the best.

I was having to catch up loads of pages, thought I had a good thread title suggestion. I knew when I finally got to the latest post I would have been well and truly bested. For the record it was Jack Monroe: You seem to eat a lot of fish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Mr D's just made dinner.

Nothing fancy - a stirfry with orange, purple, green, yellow, white and red vegetables & mushrooms (+ less than a handful of beef between 2 and a little Hoisin and Tamari), steamed white rice and a cup of Miso soup with Tofu and Spring Onion. Tasted nice, provided protein, carbs, fibre, a little fat and some probiotics and minerals/vitamins. Moreover, it looked appetising.

Whatever the duck that thing was supposed to be (it certainly wasn't avgolemono), it looked like what would happen if he forgot to empty the rice cooker and I then went on holiday for a month.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
@Switchstreetz when is the big night?
The Sloppies will be held on Friday 17th December at 6pm, bring your own budino 🥳 (EDIT:that's 6pm UK time)

Also have we seen this? Can imagine the howls from a crappy bungalow in Southend

"get my name out your mouth Marcus, you're all up in MY NICHE"

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
No wonder Miggle was overwhelmed. Can you imagine... you start your day by writing a helpful comment to a Z list celeb, who not only reacts angrily but tries to gaslight you into believing they don't, in fact, eat a lot of fish, despite all evidence to the contrary. Said Z-lister then goes all conspiracy theorist and accuses you from being from a 'hateful forum'. You then Google the forum and find it to be full of reasonable, kind and funny people who have receipts of the Z-listers fish consumption, and have been discussing your Twitter interaction and fan-girling over you to the extent that you already have a forum nickname.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
No wonder Miggle was overwhelmed. Can you imagine... you start your day by writing a helpful comment to a Z list celeb, who not only reacts angrily but tries to gaslight you into believing they don't, in fact, eat a lot of fish, despite all evidence to the contrary. Said Z-lister then goes all conspiracy theorist and accuses you from being from a 'hateful forum'. You then Google the forum and find it to be full of reasonable, kind and funny people who have receipts of the Z-listers fish consumption, and have been discussing your Twitter interaction and fan-girling over you to the extent that you already have a forum nickname.
That’s such a good point. I know I was part of that problem and I wish I’d been more thoughtful.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
That’s such a good point. I know I was part of that problem and I wish I’d been more thoughtful.
Juat to be clear- I don't think you or anyone else from the cabal did anything wrong! I just can see how the whole situation must have been a bit surreal and overwhelming.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I know I hope Miggle is ok and feels they can come back for a lurk or a read sometime.
Interesting point though, I wonder who else googled Jack and “hateful forum” and found us? #AD

• Heart
Reactions: 47
The Sloppies will be held on Friday 17th December at 6pm, bring your own budino 🥳 (EDIT:that's 6pm UK time)

Also have we seen this? Can imagine the howls from a crappy bungalow in Southend

"get my name out your mouth Marcus, you're all up in MY NICHE"
I would love her to be on this to be fair. Could do with a bit of Sunday sloptertainment

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.