Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I hope Miggle is ok and feels they can come back for a lurk or a read sometime.
Interesting point though, I wonder who else googled Jack and “hateful forum” and found us? #AD
Just shows she is not as clever as she thinks she is, she has a dig at us without mentioning Tattle but it leads people here anyway...

• Haha
Reactions: 38
My dog pissed on my rug yesterday .... they just *know*, don't they 🥺 🥺

View attachment 917582
That looks like my dogs every day face (i KNOW that is a cat you mithering ninnies!!) He always looks like life's biggest tragedy has just befallen him, even on his birthday when he has been given dog cake and new toys to add to his mount everest of toys. He's a very happy boy really , his tail is always happy but he has mournful spaniel eyes 🐶❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
tbh, I thought that about the mercury squiggle too. same as when the sardine dude said we were obsessed or whatever

oh well, they'll join in if they want to, I guess

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
As mentioned previously too, her food is family friendly either. She is relying on the fact that children will have a palate that will appreciate blended fish or eggy slop.

Most kids want something filling, tasty and interesting. It's up to the parents to incorporate that into a food covering all the nutrients required.

Most of the children I know like basic pasta dishes with chicken, sausage( non bollock) and tomato sauce, or alittle bit of pancetta or bacon in a creamy sauce.

They also of course like mash, sausage,gravy and some sort or veg( not always veg) they also like chips and burgers.

I also want to add that some kids appreciate more "sophisticated" foods but again this depends on the child.

Looking at her recent and some of her past recipies none of it screams "generic" family meal. She does of course explain that her kid likes it, but he made be the exception.

In order to make a meal family friendly it has to cover what most kids today find yummy and turn it into a recipie that not only appeals feeds them appropriately and affordably.

She does not do this. THAT MAN does.
She doesn't eat FISH , ninny. 🦈

• Haha
Reactions: 31
The Sloppies will be held on Friday 17th December at 6pm, bring your own budino 🥳 (EDIT:that's 6pm UK time)

Also have we seen this? Can imagine the howls from a crappy bungalow in Southend

"get my name out your mouth Marcus, you're all up in MY NICHE"
Oh good, I actually based my available dates for a night out based on the sloppies dates! Hurrah

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
The Full Time Meals reminds me - did Jack ever divulge what it was she was working with Tom Kerridge on? 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm sorry where has she been living if she's all about moss. I mean it's not as if it's a rare plant species. It's everywhere even in your gutter.
Wouldn't know about maintaining your roofline though, would she. Because SHE RENTS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
So Insta gets some horrid pre-digested slop in a saucer while Twitter gets dead cats and fish arguments. TikTok softly, gently cries in the corner. Truly a representation of the dichotomy of man 🧐 or is it a triumvirate? Words is words innit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Someone's setting off fireworks round here for no apparent reason and it's reminded me of my one-woman mission to create a tradition of Jack inspired tunes to kick off the weekend. I've forgotten what hashtag I used and let's face it, that's just an attempt to keep things on-topic. But I have to play music bc my baby's petrified but swear to god when I was listening to this all I was thinking about was Jack being immediate 'mother hen' to people who doubtless have years of recovery under their belts. Anyway, I'm late with the #jackanthem (aha, I remembered!) not that anyone cares and I'm also uneasy because I love this unironically but I guess I'm presenting it here in an ironic manner. But still, I love a bit of Bill Callahan so any excuse really. Thanks for listening / reading to the end lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
@colouredlines , excellent work digging out her sobriety/drinking history.
I wonder if you have gifted us a double whammy and presented us the 'sold' omega watch on pics 3 and four... Pure speculation m'Lud!
Now get to absolute duck. x
*Lifts hat for the cabal*

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
No wonder Miggle was overwhelmed. Can you imagine... you start your day by writing a helpful comment to a Z list celeb, who not only reacts angrily but tries to gaslight you into believing they don't, in fact, eat a lot of fish, despite all evidence to the contrary. Said Z-lister then goes all conspiracy theorist and accuses you from being from a 'hateful forum'. You then Google the forum and find it to be full of reasonable, kind and funny people who have receipts of the Z-listers fish consumption, and have been discussing your Twitter interaction and fan-girling over you to the extent that you already have a forum nickname.
I told this complete stranger immediately that I loved her. I have no regrets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I went on her shop to have a look at the postcards available, and just WHY is everything always so grimy?! Grotty knife with a little sliver of something attached to it, a bowl of soil (?) and maybe a celeriac? Dirty dough?

1639264425035.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.