Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only make up she wearing is all over that face, the massive liar. I see more evidence of terrible thirst pics as well. Jack stop showing your tits off, or go and do a career which requires them being on show.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I'm a bit ill, not enough to retweet that fact repeatedly, but enough to spend all day on the sofa. Earlier I was digging through some Jack Instagram archives.

There's some stuff that only becomes truly fucked up in hindsight, like the pets that get introduced, photographed 20 times in a month, then are never spoken of again. But I don't want to go into that too much...

I was curious about how long her veganism actually lasted. It started as Veganuary (although she didn't mention that in the infamous Guardian piece). By the 12th of February she was judging a kids' LGBT-themed baking contest (?), with plenty of non-vegan cakes:

View attachment 917189

Then it gets a bit messy and full of contradictions. Non-vegan food (and face cream!) shows up quite regularly for the rest of 2016, and by the time we get into 2017 we see:

View attachment 917194

I feel like she lied about being vegan a LOT longer than she actually was vegan...

If I'm still unwell tomorrow I might tally up the number of times she talks about her newfound sobriety. It happens a LOT - note the date here, October 2016:

View attachment 917207
I feel very angry reading this. Two weeks to kick alcohol in 2016, one week in Jan 2019, absolute lies on both occasions about quantities (detox/illness withdrawal quantities just flippantly thrown about as if alcoholism is like eating too much chocolate over winter.

This is how I came to despise Mx Monroe. I don't have words to describe how much it hurts seeing her lie about recovery

• Heart
Reactions: 67
OK, so here we go - the sobriety timeline.

January 2016: Jack does Dry January...and her accounts! Truly a different era.

View attachment 917599

February 2016. Dry January is over, time to celebrate.

View attachment 917600

August 2016. Jack goes sober.

View attachment 917601

...but not for long.

View attachment 917602

September 2016: Jack limits herself to one drink a day.

View attachment 917603

It doesn't last, either.

View attachment 917604

October 2016: Jack has a drinking problem!

View attachment 917605

December 2016: Gin o'clock

View attachment 917606

March 2017: Jack is off the booze for Lent. Notice that last October's sobriety has been downgraded from recovering from alcoholism to just Sober October.

View attachment 917607

7 days later. Lent is not over, sobriety is.

View attachment 917608

April 2017. Jack goes sober again, this time for longer, and celebrates with sexy kumquat pics.

View attachment 917609
View attachment 917610
View attachment 917611

October 2017. She's starting again.

View attachment 917612

December 2017. No she isn't!

View attachment 917613

Then nothing until January 2019 and the infamous Guardian column:

View attachment 917614
View attachment 917615

Had to share this, I think it may be the least appetising thing she's ever cooked.

View attachment 917616
She does have form for green bread

Screenshot_20211211-111715.png

• Sick
  • Haha
omg. Ok first of all, get well soon @colouredlines . You are a queen of finding old gems. Jack says SO much triggering stuff in those posts, I’ll put my rants in a spoiler because it’s to do with addiction and EDs.

First of all. She literally said she was “from alcoholic to don’t-bleeping-need-it in two weeks”. Thankfully I’ve not had addiction problems, but I know enough from listening to friends and people here patiently explaining, that is not how it works. I now truly think she doesn’t care about raising awareness or removing the stigma around alcoholism, it’s all just self-serving. I don’t have the words to articulate how insensitive and ignorant she is.

Secondly. This isn’t as much of a big deal, but I hate that she talks about having a “lardy arse”. I get that it’s just meant as a self-deprecating joke.
But remember, Jack has claimed to have had an eating disorder in the past. If that was true, you’d hope she would be so much more sensitive with her words.

I am probably taking this way too personally, and so it’s more of a “me problem” than a “Jack problem“, but I had an ED for more than 20 years. There are times when (thankfully) I am physically recovered, but not mentally recovered, and seeing her talk about her body in that way would make my non-recovered mind think “if she thinks she’s got a ‘lardy arse’, what the hell must she think of mine?”. It’s so triggering, but I know it’s a ”me problem”, so I just try to deal with it, because you can’t avoid these things in life.

My point is, because I’ve been through so much crap with body-image issues, I try to be so careful with the way I talk about these things, because you never know how it could affect someone. I notice that people who have had similar experiences are the same (although of course this depends on how the illness is affecting them and how recovered they are).

Sorry this is so long! If anyone has read this far, and needs to correct me on anything then I’ll honestly appreciate it.

It just added to your confusion so perfectly though.
There's also so many lies about her ED

• Sad
Reactions: 39
Was she gluten free for a while, too?

Did a deep dive on her Instagram and quite a few of the posts a couple of years ago make mention of being gluten free. Was this another ‘thing’, I wonder?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

View attachment 917599

View attachment 917600

View attachment 917601

...but not for long.

View attachment 917602

View attachment 917603

It doesn't last, either.

View attachment 917604

View attachment 917605

View attachment 917606

March 2017: Jack is off the booze for Lent. Notice that last October's sobriety has been downgraded from recovering from alcoholism to just Sober October.

View attachment 917607

View attachment 917608

April 2017. Jack goes sober again, this time for longer, and celebrates with sexy kumquat pics.

View attachment 917609
View attachment 917610
View attachment 917611

View attachment 917612

View attachment 917613

View attachment 917614
View attachment 917615

Had to share this, I think it may be the least appetising thing she's ever cooked.

View attachment 917616
Wow this is brilliant thank you!

Have just added it to the wiki as this is v important research (poorly as can’t see where they’ve hidden the insert link button now?!)

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I feel very angry reading this. Two weeks to kick alcohol in 2016, one week in Jan 2019, absolute lies on both occasions about quantities (detox/illness withdrawal quantities just flippantly thrown about as if alcoholism is like eating too much chocolate over winter.

This is how I came to despise Mx Monroe. I don't have words to describe how much it hurts seeing her lie about recovery
I’m with you on this one - if she kicked alcohol that quickly then the problem was nowhere near as dire as she made it out to be. Either that, or she hasn’t kicked it or it never existed. She just has to have a problem. Its like a form of Munchausen Syndrome.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

View attachment 917599

View attachment 917600

View attachment 917601

...but not for long.

View attachment 917602

View attachment 917603

It doesn't last, either.

View attachment 917604

View attachment 917605

View attachment 917606

View attachment 917607

View attachment 917608

View attachment 917609
View attachment 917610
View attachment 917611

View attachment 917612

View attachment 917613

View attachment 917614
View attachment 917615

View attachment 917616
Wow @colouredlines this is magnificent forensic detective work! I am awe of your talent.

• Heart
Don’t really know where to start with the sobriety timeline and this is probably at the very trivial end of the spectrum, but if you were serious about recovery would you really use a bunch of empties (of a potent spirit) as ornaments?

Reactions: 50

View attachment 917599

View attachment 917600

View attachment 917601

...but not for long.

View attachment 917602

View attachment 917603

It doesn't last, either.

View attachment 917604

View attachment 917605

View attachment 917606

View attachment 917607

View attachment 917608

View attachment 917609
View attachment 917610
View attachment 917611

View attachment 917612

View attachment 917613

View attachment 917614
View attachment 917615
This is - you are - amazing. In spite of my sincere hurt expressed in last comment, this tineline has actually made me laugh. She's done the dead eye/bright eye photo set so often! So funny.

How does anyone love themselves so much? How does anyone think they're so special and important and unique? How do people not see through this bullshit?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Brilliant work - have often just assumed that the vegan thing was total bollocks, just by way of the fact that she adopted the character long before any of the real sacrifices were made. Wouldn’t be surprised if the same is true for her latest non-drinking crusade..

One thing that just jumps from the digital page too, is just how Mind numbingly boring she is, and has been for so many years. It’s just one long broken record.,
I’m sure it’s been said before but she’s a lost cause and has been for so long cookery wise . Her stuff is complicated and boring and let’s not forget unnappetising . Hours go by in the blink of an eye as I scroll through cooking TikTok, the stuff on there is class. Jack could never.

• Heart
I’m with you on this one - if she kicked alcohol that quickly then the problem was nowhere near as dire as she made it out to be. Either that, or she hasn’t kicked it or it never existed. She just has to have a problem. Its like a form of Munchausen Syndrome.
It IS facetious disorder.
Medicines on the side, look at all the pills I have to take (indigestion teblets) heart issues, hospital visits with selfie showing Jack in bed with a cannula in, allergic to tomatoes, black eye, I bet it was like this since school.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Don’t really know where to start with the sobriety timeline and this is probably at the very trivial end of the spectrum, but if you were serious about recovery would you really use a bunch of empties (of a potent spirit) as ornaments?
I remember a Guardian article, where the “point” which made her rethink drinking was - she made a smoothie and was taking SB out and he asked why the other kids don’t put their smoothies in an Absolut Vodka bottle or some such nonsense

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 49
Just want to say before it's too late that I ADORE this thread title, it works on so many levels.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I remember a Guardian article, where the “point” which made her rethink drinking was - she made a smoothie and was taking SB out and he asked why the other kids don’t put their smoothies in an Absolut Vodka bottle or some such nonsense
If she put the same energy into fiction writing she’d be a billionaire.

• Haha
Lol @ the idea of cracking addiction in two weeks. Idk how she’s not embarrassed to speak with such authority on everything, she really doesn’t know much about anything so often misses the mark. Mortifying.

Have previously tried piecing together the timeline to create a Gantt chart for us, found it impossible tbh, below was just from the various guardian pieces she’s done:

View attachment 917466

There’s probably more of a correlation between her cash flow issues & these ebbs and flows of drinking problems than anything to do with MH. The guardian was her very first pay pig 🥰
I've just re-read this, is Jack honestly saying that she was drunk and a full time carer for a four-year old child? :(

• Sad
Reactions: 39
I feel sad that she needs to make her life sound interesting. She tries so hard to be edgy,quirky, mouthy, vibrant, exciting, talented etc but she's is none of these things and due to this after the initial burst of look at me I did something, she reverts back to the quiet little mouse sitting in the corner. I think during this time the narc in her craves more attention so she goes all out again but either adopts a new persona or goes tits out into a chaos of the highest proportions.

Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.