Jack Monroe #228 The winter of our fishcontent

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s definitely ”something” going on. I think it could be that it’s just her true nasty-self showing through. And I think that her breadcrumbing yesterday, about depression, and worse, was nothing but manipulation, basically @traumatised sideboard ‘s Excuses Bingo.

I know therapy and rehab doesn’t (and shouldn’) turn anyone into a different person, but I honestly find it so strange that months of intense support hasn’t seemed to have helped. And I know these things don‘t happen overnight, but still.

It’s also just a bit frustrating. There are a few of us here who rely on the NHS for help for mental health and/or addiction problems, and would jump at the chance for that much help and support, and would put everything into it to get the most out of it. (I’ve now rambled so much I don’t know if I’m making sense, sorry).

In other news, Ruby Tandoh hadn’t followed Jack back (which might not be that deep, and that she just had more to her life than Twitter), but she does follow Trifley D.
I totally agree. The level of manipulation is really unpleasant. That’s why, imho, she’s (almost) sociopathic in her reactions.
People call her out for things that are totally unacceptable, or contradictory, and her immediate reaction seems to be “right, you bastards, I’m going to make you feel really guilty”.
She then goes all out. Allowing her followers/sheeple to hammer anyone who disagrees, or dares to criticise her. Late evening dramatic walks by the sea wall, posting particular vocabulary such as: small, sad, tiny, broken, mental, weak, arthritic, triggered, can’t eat, won’t eat, special diets, fish diets, NHS, A&E, therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, victimising, stalking, doxxing, cancelling, accidents, traumatised, etc., etc., ad nauseam.
She is an absolute disgrace and my sympathy for her disappeared a very long time ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
On a lighter note I'm watching Black Adder (the Great War one) and I'm laughing about Wee Jack instead of Jock.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I totally agree. The level of manipulation is really unpleasant. That’s why, imho, she’s (almost) sociopathic in her reactions.
People call her out for things that are totally unacceptable, or contradictory, and her immediate reaction seems to be “right, you bastards, I’m going to make you feel really guilty”.
She then goes all out. Allowing her followers/sheeple to hammer anyone who disagrees, or dares to criticise her. Late evening dramatic walks by the sea wall, posting particular vocabulary such as: small, sad, tiny, broken, mental, weak, arthritic, triggered, can’t eat, won’t eat, special diets, fish diets, NHS, A&E, therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, victimising, stalking, doxxing, cancelling, accidents, traumatised, etc., etc., ad nauseam.
She is an absolute disgrace and my sympathy for her disappeared a very long time ago.
As I've said before, I go out of my way to avoid posting anything which could be seen as abusive¹, and I do still have some amount of sympathy, because I suspect that Jack does get an amount of actual abuse that other people of a similar level of fame don't. But that doesn't stop me calling out tit. And the last few days have been tit.

¹I tend to be less anal about this when it comes to people who are more famous, perhaps a bit oddly.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
How it started: 2020 - takes money from pensioners' Winter Fuel Grant.

How it's going: 2021 - takes Tory money intended for hungry children.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
I'm a bit ill, not enough to retweet that fact repeatedly, but enough to spend all day on the sofa. Earlier I was digging through some Jack Instagram archives.

There's some stuff that only becomes truly fucked up in hindsight, like the pets that get introduced, photographed 20 times in a month, then are never spoken of again. But I don't want to go into that too much...

I was curious about how long her veganism actually lasted. It started as Veganuary (although she didn't mention that in the infamous Guardian piece). By the 12th of February she was judging a kids' LGBT-themed baking contest (?), with plenty of non-vegan cakes:

Screenshot_20211210-162333_Instagram.jpg

Then it gets a bit messy and full of contradictions. Non-vegan food (and face cream!) shows up quite regularly for the rest of 2016, and by the time we get into 2017 we see:

Screenshot_20211210-174022_Instagram.jpg

I feel like she lied about being vegan a LOT longer than she actually was vegan...

If I'm still unwell tomorrow I might tally up the number of times she talks about her newfound sobriety. It happens a LOT - note the date here, October 2016:

Screenshot_20211210-171447_Instagram.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 76
Just checking in to say I haven’t been online all day and I have 11 pages of the old thread and 2 of this one to catch up on. What a midnight treat!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Anyone care to play Excuses Bingo?

View attachment 916979
Oh fish! That’s a swear word on BoJack Horseman, a cartoon about a talking horse whose agent/manager is a cat. I feel we should adopt it[/
If Jack claims mercury poisoning as an excuse we will fall into the biggest Jack-ception hole since, since er, Thursday was it? When she kept dead cattting despite apparently not knowing how to use the term a)properly b)without making a massive faux par offending comment. Am I awake? Are you awake? Does it matter? Pass the spinner please!!!!

Bastard inline spoiler is trying it on with me now

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I'm a bit ill, not enough to retweet that fact repeatedly, but enough to spend all day on the sofa. Earlier I was digging through some Jack Instagram archives.

There's some stuff that only becomes truly fucked up in hindsight, like the pets that get introduced, photographed 20 times in a month, then are never spoken of again. But I don't want to go into that too much...

I was curious about how long her veganism actually lasted. It started as Veganuary (although she didn't mention that in the infamous Guardian piece). By the 12th of February she was judging a kids' LGBT-themed baking contest (?), with plenty of non-vegan cakes:

View attachment 917189

Then it gets a bit messy and full of contradictions. Non-vegan food (and face cream!) shows up quite regularly for the rest of 2016, and by the time we get into 2017 we see:

View attachment 917194

I feel like she lied about being vegan a LOT longer than she actually was vegan...

If I'm still unwell tomorrow I might tally up the number of times she talks about her newfound sobriety. It happens a LOT - note the date here, October 2016:

View attachment 917207
omg. Ok first of all, get well soon @colouredlines . You are a queen of finding old gems. Jack says SO much triggering stuff in those posts, I’ll put my rants in a spoiler because it’s to do with addiction and EDs.

First of all. She literally said she was “from alcoholic to don’t-bleeping-need-it in two weeks”. Thankfully I’ve not had addiction problems, but I know enough from listening to friends and people here patiently explaining, that is not how it works. I now truly think she doesn’t care about raising awareness or removing the stigma around alcoholism, it’s all just self-serving. I don’t have the words to articulate how insensitive and ignorant she is.

Secondly. This isn’t as much of a big deal, but I hate that she talks about having a “lardy arse”. I get that it’s just meant as a self-deprecating joke.
But remember, Jack has claimed to have had an eating disorder in the past. If that was true, you’d hope she would be so much more sensitive with her words.

I am probably taking this way too personally, and so it’s more of a “me problem” than a “Jack problem“, but I had an ED for more than 20 years. There are times when (thankfully) I am physically recovered, but not mentally recovered, and seeing her talk about her body in that way would make my non-recovered mind think “if she thinks she’s got a ‘lardy arse’, what the hell must she think of mine?”. It’s so triggering, but I know it’s a ”me problem”, so I just try to deal with it, because you can’t avoid these things in life.

My point is, because I’ve been through so much crap with body-image issues, I try to be so careful with the way I talk about these things, because you never know how it could affect someone. I notice that people who have had similar experiences are the same (although of course this depends on how the illness is affecting them and how recovered they are).

Sorry this is so long! If anyone has read this far, and needs to correct me on anything then I’ll honestly appreciate it.

Bastard inline spoiler is trying it on with me now
It just added to your confusion so perfectly though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
What the Louisa Jane Compton head of channel 4 news did I just read.

actually speechless but the only thing I want to know is has Jack monroe, director of on a bootstrap LTD paid her taxes yet?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
At this point it would be easier to count who Jack hasn’t upset in the past 48hrs. But I SHAN’T!
Ioan and Alice could be back together for all I know, all this chaos has kept me trapped here.
The angel 9n my shoulder thinks there’s been a relapse, but the devil on the other side just thinks this s what happens when you hold all the narc in and go on twitter calling everyone “lovely” it comes bursting out all over the place.
Also, I’m medically diagnosed as tired and I don’t mention how tired I am as much as “I’m exhaused (from starting beef then not being clever enough to deal) Monroe”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Anyone else think she could actually potentially have mercury poisoning but be too busy raging against the world to consider it seriously?
I don't know but there's something very wrong with her (indeed many things)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Cripes, folks! Thanks for the thread title, what a hoot!

I've just got home from a work Christmas party (am too old a hag for all this), so I am off to grunk those final pages of the last one.

Assuming Jack's as ghastly as ever, obviously.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
omg. Ok first of all, get well soon @colouredlines . You are a queen of finding old gems. Jack says SO much triggering stuff in those posts, I’ll put my rants in a spoiler because it’s to do with addiction and EDs.

First of all. She literally said she was “from alcoholic to don’t-bleeping-need-it in two weeks”. Thankfully I’ve not had addiction problems, but I know enough from listening to friends and people here patiently explaining, that is not how it works. I now truly think she doesn’t care about raising awareness or removing the stigma around alcoholism, it’s all just self-serving. I don’t have the words to articulate how insensitive and ignorant she is.

Secondly. This isn’t as much of a big deal, but I hate that she talks about having a “lardy arse”. I get that it’s just meant as a self-deprecating joke.
But remember, Jack has claimed to have had an eating disorder in the past. If that was true, you’d hope she would be so much more sensitive with her words.

I am probably taking this way too personally, and so it’s more of a “me problem” than a “Jack problem“, but I had an ED for more than 20 years. There are times when (thankfully) I am physically recovered, but not mentally recovered, and seeing her talk about her body in that way would make my non-recovered mind think “if she thinks she’s got a ‘lardy arse’, what the hell must she think of mine?”. It’s so triggering, but I know it’s a ”me problem”, so I just try to deal with it, because you can’t avoid these things in life.

My point is, because I’ve been through so much crap with body-image issues, I try to be so careful with the way I talk about these things, because you never know how it could affect someone. I notice that people who have had similar experiences are the same (although of course this depends on how the illness is affecting them and how recovered they are).

Sorry this is so long! If anyone has read this far, and needs to correct me on anything then I’ll honestly appreciate it.

It just added to your confusion so perfectly though.
Once again the cabal (who I hope get better soon) are there doing the heavy lifting, showing her up again and again and again. Really @colouredlines , how do you find this stuff?

Bob of the sideboards, 100% ❤. At 3.06 am all I going to say is that someone who says that they have suffered from an ED in the past would never use that language to describe their body. It is more ammunition to my view that she never had one but leaves breadcrumbs (when she remembers) to imply she does. The stuff about addiction is so insensitive and shows she knows nothing about what people who actually have issues with alcoholism go through. For her it a game, a sound bite, a reason for a column in the guardian.
I am sorry she has upset you. Words like this are really hard to ignore ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
And by the way Jack, there is an easy way to avoid this site showing you as a horrible person, just be nice! You don't have to be dull. Try to ensure your jokes will "land". A big ask I know with your skill set. Good luck!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
And by the way Jack, there is an easy way to avoid this site showing you as a horrible person, just be nice! You don't have to be dull. Try to ensure your jokes will "land". A big ask I know with your skill set. Good luck!
She could just leave us to it too. She comes and reads here with her lurker profile and gets herself in a tizzy.

It's like people who complain about TV shows when there's always the option of just not watching it!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
How it started: 2020 - takes money from pensioners' Winter Fuel Grant.

How it's going: 2021 - takes Tory money intended for hungry children.
Hello, I know with more application I may be able to figure this out for myself, (emphasis on the may be able to) but could someone explain the turd pudding funding to me?

I have got as far as a grant that Bristol Council are using to ensure children are fed in school breaks, however wouldn't this be separate from Netflix/Aardman funding to promote their movie and wouldn't that be used to pay for Jack? and, hopefully, the contents of the pudding?

Reactions: 26

View attachment 917189

View attachment 917194

View attachment 917207
Did she squirrel away everyone’s BYOB at her house party and offer them tea instead?! I would’ve been fumin!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
She doesn’t have enough friends for a house party. Can I just say that this thread is a truly special place. It makes me so happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Did she squirrel away everyone’s BYOB at her house party and offer them tea instead?! I would’ve been fumin!
I don't think she offered them tea instead but I do think she misunderstood the concept of BYOB and thought it was Live Action Puddle Giving. Terribly gauche, darling.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.