Jack Monroe #221 She is the antichrist of nourishment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just popping in to say I made the vegan pastitsio and it was actually pretty nice! credit where it’s due the tomato veggie mince sauce was good, I think its the cinnamon and cloves that made it less of a bog standard pasta bake. Confessions: I made the bechamel properly and not in a blender (…?) and i didn’t put wine (as I’m sober) or tea (what?)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Oh squiggle. I would love for Jack to be on Masterchef Professionals and have to try and cook decent food!

He won’t be happy you’ve only used 1 G 😂
View attachment 864013
What an arse hole dick is, sorry nick but never mind about that. Mate grow up!

If this is how people are on Twitter I'm glad I'm not on if , bunch of children who never grew up from being an angsty teen.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Just popping in to say I made the vegan pastitsio and it was actually pretty nice! credit where it’s due the tomato veggie mince sauce was good, I think its the cinnamon and cloves that made it less of a bog standard pasta bake. Confessions: I made the bechamel properly and not in a blender (…?) and i didn’t put wine (as I’m sober) or tea (what?)
max, that you?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Heya, this isn’t me being a dick but out of interest could you post the whole recipe pls? Would be interested to know what % of it is safe to follow vs what % you had to sub.

Have you got any other favs from the book(s)?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Heya, this isn’t me being a dick but out of interest could you post the whole recipe pls? Would be interested to know what % of it is safe to follow vs what % you had to sub.

If it is the one I found, it is from Jack's ever popular collaboration with Linda MacCartney.

It is the one where Jack fondly reminisces about her Greek Orthodox aunties and their Greek Orthodox buffets.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
If it is the one I found, it is from Jack's ever popular collaboration with Linda MacCartney.

It is the one where Jack fondly reminisces about her Greek Orthodox aunties and their Greek Orthodox buffets.
Oh no, it’s not the one where you’ve got to stew beans in acid for 3 days prior tho is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Hey this is the full recipe from her blog: https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2021/01/08/vegan-pastitsio-77p/
I didn’t use red wine/tea and instead added 175ml more stock and I made the bechamel in a pan rather than in a blender (I thought blending it might make it taste a bit like raw flour?) I do own one of her books but haven’t made anything from there that I can remember sorry!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I don't think that ever happened. Maybe she was dino napping and her son woke her up to say his dad had come to pick him up and wanted to say goodbye.

there will be a grain of truth, but her son sitting on the floor anxiously checking her breathing. Didn't happen. Why Jack is always trying to make out she is a tit parent, when in reality she is at least adequate is beyond me.

Jack in five words. Didn't happen or Won't happen
Hate to say it but we had been mithering on here that she shouldn’t be showing him. The reason the safeguarding reasoning sounds like a lie is the unnecessary verbose reasoning with an ephemera of surplus verbiage. We get it Jack, all your own idea about the safeguarding 🙄

Reactions: 20
Hate to say it but we had been mithering on here that she shouldn’t be showing him. The reason the safeguarding reasoning sounds like a lie is the unnecessary verbose reasoning with an ephemera of surplus verbiage. We get it Jack, all your own idea about the safeguarding 🙄
How dare you imply she doesn't care about safeguarding - comic kitchen anyone?!!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Hey this is the full recipe from her blog: https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2021/01/08/vegan-pastitsio-77p/
I didn’t use red wine/tea and instead added 175ml more stock and I made the bechamel in a pan rather than in a blender (I thought blending it might make it taste a bit like raw flour?) I do own one of her books but haven’t made anything from there that I can remember sorry!
Welcome to the cabal of mithering ninnies and sad haus Fraus. If you wish, we ask new members to share what their lightbulb moment was that brought them here?
Also we have a comprehensive wiki with useful glossary and section about injokes

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.