Jack Monroe #221 She is the antichrist of nourishment

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly don't think I have ever seen someone state that something they have cooked from a well known chef is not photogenic. Don't these people realise that in order for people to want to eat food you have to make it appetising or plate nice.

She's makes no sense.

She eats eggs all the time at home, she goes out for a meal and orders eggs. I am a bit maverick and I order something I haven't had or rarely make because it's too faffy.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Putting that pic on insta alongside her own creations is perhaps not the best idea. It really shows up how brown and sludgy everything else is.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
@
MaineCoon Mama
That was MaxRigger. Captain Mansplain, as I called him in my head. He popped up on Food&Drink to offer pearls of wisdom as well.
Captain Mansplain Captain Sensible's older boring brother😁🤣🤣(you needed to be young in the days of punk for this)x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I honestly don't think I have ever seen someone state that something they have cooked from a well known chef is not photogenic. Don't these people realise that in order for people to want to eat food you have to make it appetising or plate nice.

She's makes no sense.

She eats eggs all the time at home, she goes out for a meal and orders eggs. I am a bit maverick and I order something I haven't had or rarely make because it's too faffy.
I think it’s mozzarella.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Putting that pic on insta alongside her own creations is perhaps not the best idea. It really shows up how brown and sludgy everything else is.
Her followers are so starved of the colour palette, they open their eyes in wonder when it happens (haven't squigged as it's a blue-tick account)
Screenshot 2021-11-13 at 11.27.43.png

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Nearly a TENNER for an egg, half an avocado, 3 cherry tomatoes and a few salad leaves. Bloody 'ell. How the other half live, and all that...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Umm. Two years apart? Wtaf. We were talking about budino not that long ago. She went there and had it?

Please say we have the receipts.

please.

Edit- it was broccoli or cauliflower budino or something. We all went 🤢🙃over it.

Edit 2- why is she lying? Why can’t I remember? Hnbbthhghfhgh
A quick look at thread 205. She went to Barrafina but a chef from Vasco & Piero commented on her stuffed courgette flower photo.

9 September, 2021
BA2DC50B-4007-4883-800C-80DF414EBBE3.jpeg

10 Sept, 2021
9978BF3E-8F98-4DAC-8DDB-9B17BEB906E2.jpeg

Screenshots from @Pocahontas and @Sideboard Bob

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Who dares me to make this?
If you do, please don't invite 7 friends to join you for a "generous portion" because they will go home hungry.

Though to be honest, they my well be happy that the portion is miniscule.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
If you do, please don't invite 7 friends to join you for a "generous portion" because they will go home hungry.

Though to be honest, they my well be happy that the portion is miniscule.
I have everything in the pantry. I'm going in, on meat-free Monday*. (I'll have lovely hedonistic eggs with unphotogenic bread on stand-by)

* meat-free on many days; definitely not vegan

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Just save yourself the trouble and get the Black Daal from Dishoom, it's gorgeous..or for a less FANCY alternative That Man makes a decent one which doesn't even need storing in a Smeg...
640x640.jpg

That 'egg' in the tricolore salad is actually a burrata...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.