Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dear lil prunes, should I still be opening a tin of sardines this eve? Or would you prefer that I keep that up the cabal sleeve for quieter times?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Did a google, and there are loads of recipes for beer battered sprouts. Waiting for Jack’s essay on how her amazingly unique brain thought it up all by itself!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I would definitely eat battered sprouts.
But her cooking of them worries me. Sprouts need a delicate touch.

Has she boiled them (no)
Blanched them,then fried in vinegar (possibly) before battering?
Just put raw into the batter?

Tom Kerridge’s beer battered sprouts with a lovely Christmas chutney ❤
Jack Monroe’s with blue cheese sauce 🤢

(snap sidey b 😃)

• Haha
Reactions: 32
🎶 When your boots don’t fit like they used to before 🎶 or whatever Ed Sheeran sang
That's amole :D

When I read that post I got an earworm of Billy Joel's song.
'Little Rock, Pasternak, Mickey Mantle, Pasternak'

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Yeah she's way too stuck on the whole poverty angle I think. I've ranted before about this, but the only book of hers I own is Tin Can Cook because the premise seemed appealing as someone who works longish hours and defaults to takeaway more often than I should. I thought it would be more about quickish stuff you could throw together with your stocked pantry & instead I got recipes like rinsed beans with tinned tomatoes & 101 things to do with spam.

(Also opened it up again there to check & the very first recipe I opened had a reference to making ominously green mush. How does this stuff get past editing?)
was that the book with the infamous mandarin orange pasta?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I don't do twitter but from what I've seen and the screenshots on here I honestly believe that lots of her faithful fawning squigs are vulnerable people
I think it is a mixture of vulnerable people and poshos who buy Jack’s books for food banks, but would never make any of the recipes unless they were doing a pov cosplay challenge.

There is also a smattering of low level blue tickers, who are hoping to raise their numbers and engagement by riding in her wake.

That weird photo where she looked like mother and son has she used one of those photo apps to age herself then photoshopped the duck out of the results to make herself look glamorous?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
... then photoshopped the duck out of the results to make herself look glamorous?
Glamorous is not a word I would use to describe any photograph I have EVER seen of Jack.

Nothing wrong with not being glamorous, I have never seen a photograph of me looking handsome. I could wear an Armani suit and still look scruffy. However I don't post my photographs all over social media fishing for compliments the way Jack does.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Tom Kerridge has posted a lovely tweet about Marcus receiving his MBE. Anything from his bestest pal? Thought not.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.