Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thing is its not even a real representation so any students who don't know their onions are going to be completely misinformed if they use her as any kind of reference to what it's like for those of us who struggle under tory rule and in a capitalist society.
She's an outdated cliché-monger who absolutely does not have her finger on any pulse.

Have telly on in the background and there's an Aldi Christmas ad on which namechecks Marcus rashford!

I just belly laughed at this. OK hoping to see it is maybe a stretch, more honestly I want it to happen because look forward to the responses on here. I'm a #badfrau
So true I was being economical with the truth. I don't think she is a good voice for the Poor's she has a platform she could be using daily to point out help that people in poverty can reach out to. Trussell trust for food, local government for funds, local children centres( if there are any for support with children) as well as many other charities. I get her trying to make food stretch recipe ideas but don't agree with her execution. Simple, wholesome filling meals are all people need. Not mushed up fish on toast.

She could actually be lobbying her local and wider MPs to keep putting pressure on the government for better help for those in poverty. She hasnt from what I have seen on here mentioned anything about where to her help for ages and she often states that she like many she is only one paycheck away from being skint. She needs to keep the ball rolling with the support and also talk way less about the tired old story of been there done that. Like here stick the first story in your bio ( so people can read it they want too) and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I am in the mood for listing all the things you could buy/have done in your house for £268.

For example, have your boiler serviced for 3 years by my local company.

Buy a nice (not the cheapest, not Miele) washing machine.

Umm…. I feel a new list is in order.
Buy house insurance, a toaster, an unbreakable kettle….

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I am in the mood for listing all the things you could buy/have done in your house for £268.

For example, have your boiler serviced for 3 years by my local company.

Buy a nice (not the cheapest, not Miele) washing machine.

Umm…. I feel a new list is in order.
Honestly this is what kills me about her - the housing market is broken and it’s very difficult to get on the “ladder” if you’ve not got a windfall payment behind you, but she’s had windfall sums in book advances! Property prices in some areas of the south east have doubled in the last 10 years, so she could have mega equity and have even up sized in that time.

I’m not saying she’s not allowed nice things (her eternal swan song) but you don’t get to moan about it when it’s well within your reach!

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.