Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think the HMRC give out exemptions for much. So I don't think so. Good question.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't think the HMRC give out exemptions for much. So I don't think so. Good question.
someone was going viral a while ago when HMRC wouldn't give exemption when she was going through cancer treatment. I hope Jack doesn't wriggle her way out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I've always wondered about this and, in this thread title, it seems a good time to ask...

Are there any exemptions to the requirement for companies to publish their accounts? For example, could Jack have argued that she is such an important public person she needs to keep this information out of the public domain for her safety?
Very few people (if any) would be allowed that sort of leverage. You can find all sorts of famous peoples account online.- more famous than Jack. Registered offices addresses can be your accountants - directors addresses and personal info can be hidden. But if you have a uk company it will be on there. Smaller companies don’t have to publish full accounts - they often send abbreviated ones without all the detail. The info has only been free for a few years - as the accounts became available online.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
What the frig is this?

Screenshot_20211109-143308_Samsung Internet.jpg

Has Jack got as sick of eating tinned fish as we have looking at it? Have sausages usurped the sardines?

So many questions. I'm off to ponder the answers while eating lunch (bread from the Warburtons factory, eggs from a free-range chicken's arse somewhere in Gloucestershire, butter from the fridge, salt from the packet of Radox Muscle Soak in the bathroom. It's all interchangeable, innit).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Does she know that just because she buys an item in a local shop, it doesn't make it a local item? No, she doesn't.
Are you telling me that the soya sauce and sesame oil I got from my local shop are actually neither local nor seasonal? But I bought them yesterday in [insert town of choice]. Surely that means they are an autumnal regional delicacy.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I've always wondered about this and, in this thread title, it seems a good time to ask...

Are there any exemptions to the requirement for companies to publish their accounts? For example, could Jack have argued that she is such an important public person she needs to keep this information out of the public domain for her safety?
She could just put her accounts behind a comic filter to solve that problem.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Providing a reference for Poca. Unfortunately it is from an Australian website.

I don’t know how to Harvard reference anymore.
😑

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Jacks on Chairs is a work of art and should be up in the Tate Modern stat!

Jack's latest chunky slop has me running very fast, faster than a grifter chasing a £1 note.
I'll be honest and say I genuinely thought it looked quite appetising except for the slightly undercooked egg, then I scanned the recipe several times for the word 'egg' before realising I was looking at yoghurt and mustard instead.

So close.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I agree. I think she reached a peak, then failed to develop herself further, to learn and progress, change with the times. So she stagnated while things moved on around her, leaving her irrelevant. Now she has no real passion or joy for her work and it shows, the lack of effort and commitment she puts in nowadays is glaring. I think that's largely why she seems to have regressed.
I agree. I also think in the early days she had a LOT of support re the books etc., from Allegra and her influential friends. It’s the only thing that explains how truly awful her later books have been (not that the early ones were great)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Note that she’s hidden the like counts from the sausage tit show, but not the one of her smol feet
Catching up so this might have been said... I can see the counts under both pictures.

A comment in reply to her Look My Boots are still Broken post...

'Hey, I have sent you a DM about a documentary I am producing, it would be so helpful if you could take a look please'

😳

ETA - Two separate posts have rolled into one. Oh well...

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
So is a lights on day or a lights off day? Yesterday's selfies suggest she can turn the lights on at will so I dunno what to think now

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.