Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is very clever.

A mate of mine posted an egg curry last night on our WhatsApp her husband had made. It actually was nice and the egg was well cooked.

Still don't think eggs on a curry is for me though.:sick:
My mum had a hippy friend who used to come round in the 80s and he used to get lentil and egg curry for his dinner. Think 80s yellow, bland curry powder with sultanas in it.

It was actually pretty nice, I was jealous he got curry when we got dried up pork chops!😸

Reactions: 23
Are you telling me that the soya sauce and sesame oil I got from my local shop are actually neither local nor seasonal? But I bought them yesterday in [insert town of choice]. Surely that means they are an autumnal regional delicacy.
I might be maverick but isnt polish sausage from Poland? Has she gone to Europe on a jolly hence it now being a local delicacy?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Reactions: 13
I agree. I think she reached a peak, then failed to develop herself further, to learn and progress, change with the times. So she stagnated while things moved on around her, leaving her irrelevant. Now she has no real passion or joy for her work and it shows, the lack of effort and commitment she puts in nowadays is glaring. I think that's largely why she seems to have regressed.
Yeah she's way too stuck on the whole poverty angle I think. I've ranted before about this, but the only book of hers I own is Tin Can Cook because the premise seemed appealing as someone who works longish hours and defaults to takeaway more often than I should. I thought it would be more about quickish stuff you could throw together with your stocked pantry & instead I got recipes like rinsed beans with tinned tomatoes & 101 things to do with spam.

(Also opened it up again there to check & the very first recipe I opened had a reference to making ominously green mush. How does this stuff get past editing?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The problem is the real next step from the poverty thing was to be a celeb chef. But she can’t cook and obviously hates food.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
We say this everyday but what's wrong with a bit of cheese on toast, jacket potato with tuna mayo, sandwich with ham/bacon/ cheese, toast and jam/ marmalade, porridge made with milk and honey and a sliced non fucked with banana. All simple, mostly Staple cupboard ingredients.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
She can't imply she's some kind of incomparable maverick weirdo genius if she makes that kind of stuff?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I've always wondered about this and, in this thread title, it seems a good time to ask...

Are there any exemptions to the requirement for companies to publish their accounts? For example, could Jack have argued that she is such an important public person she needs to keep this information out of the public domain for her safety?
Short answer: no :) If you look at some of the celebrity-owned companies they've all got registered addresses of their accountants or lawyers now, but if the company has been around for a while and you go back through the filings, there are a surprising amount of home addresses on there.

If she didn't want her accounts public, she should have stayed as a sole trader.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
This is upsetting, I was picturing her scraping dirty salt by hand from the banks of her nearest river.

(It would explain the nails)
I thought the same. I thought the description was added on by mothering photoshop ninnies. Imagine my horror 😱

No doubt she bought this moral bacon when she was no longer a foodbank user and we'll on her to way to being grifty mcgriftersons and shacked up with a rich older loverrrrr

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Do you mithering ninnies mean to tell me that none of you have ever had locally sourced high-welfare 90% vegan Sosghurt?

sosghurt.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 85
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.