Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The last time she was at the Polish shop was when she was in her 'happy place' (LJC's apartment) wasn't it? Do you think she's trying to tell us she's in London again?

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Oh God, it's Locavore Jack

"Excuse me, is this cooking bacon local?"

"Lady, this is ASDA 😐"

"Oh..."
Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 12.58.02.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
I'm really confused as to why she's listing where she got everything.
Because then she doesn’t have to write the ingredients as:
1/2 a sausage,
1 Brussels sprout,
1tsp yogurt (me neither…).
Serve* on one IKEA play kitchen plate for perception deception….

*Alternatively serve straight into the bin as no one is eating this tit

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
The last time she was at the Polish shop was when she was in her 'happy place' (LJC's apartment) wasn't it? Do you think she's trying to tell us she's in London again?
This comes back to the "does Jack have a new girlfriend" discourse.

I was originally going to say "maybe she's in someone else('s apartment)" but couldn't quite bring myself to just say that on its own :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I felt this way about Jack for a while - her lying has no real endgame. Sure, she makes some money off it, but she could have a much better career and make much more money if she was honest and worked. It seems a compulsion for her and I also think, just like the guy in the article, that she knows she's lying. She can clearly push it to one side, but she knows.
I know I’ve said this before, but I do think she’s really still annoyed that her career has grown up around budget food by mistake - she clearly has no idea/tastebuds/aptitude nor desire for learning. I really do think her origin story (🤮) was aiming to be a piece about benefits and poverty as she was politically interested, but she was picked up and feted and the “budget cooking” label over took her. And as much she got a free career as an author/columnist/smw/ professional elevenerifer/rent-a-gob, with a niiice line in grifting on the side, now she’s stuck and frustrated (and is taking out her micro aggressions on her salad drawer).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Doesn’t vinegar curdle dairy? Don’t you use vinegar/lemon to sour milk?

Nominate “perception deception” as a category in the wiki I will attempt to add it at some point with examples

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.