Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys guys guys,

Today is a good day, not a snotty egg, burned ruined tinned fish or an inappropriate sprout was had
Talking of burned tinned fish, which dear heart frau was going to cook up the sardine and spaghetti dish? šŸ‘€

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Again that's super rude and quite frankly none of her business. Do they not get taught to keep their opinions to themselves??šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²šŸ˜²
To be fair, she was not wrong & we had already had a long chat about my menstrual history prior to the physical examination. I had warned her to mind out for the cobwebs as i had been celibate for some time. Btw, have you ever been told to keep your opinion to yourself? Maybe you should think about that x

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Actually gutted she hasnā€™t gone viral yet so the lack of tax paying hasnā€™t been exposed by the end of this thread!

• Haha
  • Heart
Can I ask a genuine question but how long will her bosses grace her with hiatus. I've never had what one would call patient bosses they always said take your time but we're always kind of lurking on the sidelines like "now?" "Now?"

It's been many months now I am curious to how pissed off everyone is getting?
I think she's managed to buy herself some time and a dollop of sympathy with the rehab tale. It would be great if plans for any future books were quietly shelved.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Jackā€™s unwritten book isnā€™t top of anyoneā€™s list, itā€™s an ā€œalso-ranā€ ticking over in the background. No massive return on investment, no great expense no fat returns. Itā€™s literally that project near the bottom of the list which never quite gets discussed because all the flashy, important, juicy exciting stuff has interesting updates and progress.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Can I ask a genuine question but how long will her bosses grace her with hiatus. I've never had what one would call patient bosses they always said take your time but we're always kind of lurking on the sidelines like "now?" "Now?"

I've often wondered this too. I am 100% in favour of bosses supporting their employees through difficult times and am lucky to work for people who've been incredibly understanding/patient when I've gone through rough patches with my mental health, but there comes a time when you still have to deliver on your contractual obligations? Her next book was due a year ago, surely she can't just keep asking for extensions?

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I've often wondered this too. I am 100% in favour of bosses supporting their employees through difficult times and am lucky to work for people who've been incredibly understanding/patient when I've gone through rough patches with my mental health, but there comes a time when you still have to deliver on your contractual obligations? Her next book was due a year ago, surely she can't just keep asking for extensions?
I don't think they give a shiny šŸ’© tbh. That particular publisher seems to mainly publish books from popular social media influenzas like Joe Wicks or that slimming world inspired recipe page. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like it's just a money grab operation. If Jack can't produce a book they just take the next in line who can

Reactions: 30
I feel bad for the Christmas frog post I made. It was a joke but I feel mean for saying it.

I am not a fan of her cooking at all and I hate fish but I think that comment was a bit mean. Sorry guys!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I feel bad for the Christmas frog post I made. It was a joke but I feel mean for saying it.

I am not a fan of her cooking at all and I hate fish but I think that comment was a bit mean. Sorry guys!
I liked it!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I probably need to ask @kachoochoo Dad this, but Iā€™m not even sure exactly what books we are waiting for now. The poverty one, and the one with the household hacks in? Whatā€™s the topic for the food one? Normally on Amazon you can see books that are ages away from coming out yet and preorder but thereā€™s nothing on there upcoming from her.

• Haha
We were shown some paginatied examples of household hair and lint burning manual at the start of the year. Then we had the colourful wall of post it recipes a few months after. It looked like household firestarting was scrapped or re-jigged but <who bleeping knows pis>

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just popping in, has she gone viral paid her taxes yet?

A reminder nominations for The Sloppies are currently open and will close 20th November, clicking post below should take you to current list
Think I've compiled all the nominations below

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Books in progress:

The budget cook/ plug hair/ Jack Shaks one is the one she was teasing as almost done. (We saw pictures of a screen and post itā€™s of terrible recipes)

the one where ICO Squiggle and friends sent their sad stories to be stored in binders.

Greek cooking I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I probably need to ask @kachoochoo Dad this, but Iā€™m not even sure exactly what books we are waiting for now. The poverty one, and the one with the household hacks in? Whatā€™s the topic for the food one? Normally on Amazon you can see books that are ages away from coming out yet and preorder but thereā€™s nothing on there upcoming from her.
I think she promised a modern (British?) budget cookery manual. Which expanded to include household tips.
Then there was the poverty one, for which a call for peoples stories was made.
edit - snap,wafflemaker.

Reactions: 20
Iā€™m waiting for the
ā€˜how to manipulate Joe public & get away with it.ā€™
ā€˜ Iā€™m so vain, this song is defiantly about meā€™
ā€˜ the life n times of Smallbot & meā€™
ā€˜ Diva Jack pays her Taxā€™
ā€˜Kickstarter- let them eat cake.ā€™

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Jack has torn strips off the dough like she's at the local pond, aiming for the duck's heads as though they're former teachers.
Sorry on a grunk but I just absolutely had to say that this is the funniest thing I have ever read on this thread. Crying.

• Haha
Reactions: 35

Does she have any bosses any more? Does anybody actually care if she produces anything?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.