Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been mooching through Instagram and this time last year (just 10-12th) was a veritable treasure trove of recipes.

1. Cheese sauce made with plastic cheese slices.
2. Pop tarts.
3. Mince pie doughnuts.
4. Diet Coke chicken
5. Beetroot pasta, broccoli and cheese sauce
6. Minging sandwich and finally the pièce de résistance…
7. Egg with vinegar with pomegranate with lentils with soft cheese with sprouts with lemon with mustard with POBP.

No, she definitely lost her cooking mojo last year when the light left. Definitely.

November and December was slop central.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
Mine is turned inside out from hot loop diathermy op. To add insult to injury, the last time i had a smear (post menopause, i know its trendy but this was about 2007 - I was YOUNG ok??!!) The nurse said "crikey you've definitely shut up the shop",
Mine is turned inside out from hot loop diathermy op. To add insult to injury, the last time i had a smear (post menopause, i know its trendy but this was about 2007 - I was YOUNG ok??!!) The nurse said "crikey you've definitely shut up the shop",
WOW what an horrendous experience! I had pre cancerous cells in the early 90s, I was YOUNG alone and scared the nurse had a student in and she said 'we never se this in virgins or nuns'!
I have a smear today. Dreading it I absolutely hate them but they are for a good purpose 😬.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
She never remakes any of this stuff does she? Mummy has lots of recipes which she makes again and again. Jack throws some stuff together, turns it brown and soft, declares it the best ever. Never ever mentions it again.
Tinned fish on toast is the only thing she’s repeated and it’s not even cooking.

• Sick
Reactions: 39
She never remakes any of this stuff does she? Mummy has lots of recipes which she makes again and again. Jack throws some stuff together, turns it brown and soft, declares it the best ever. Never ever mentions it again.
Tinned fish on toast is the only thing she’s repeated and it’s not even cooking.
She does do a lot of different varieties of porridge.

Is porridge cooking?

Answers on a postcard to @HotesTilaire

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Rylan's

Or perhaps Red Rum left them to her in his will.
See now my first thought was rylan, 🤣 don’t think red rums glowed in the dark.
considering she is both a smoker and a coffee drinker, they no way that colour, we have the receipts

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Good morning Cable! Just popping up to say I’ve read the wiki for the first time and I now know what the glove thing is all about 🦉 🍾
It’s been baffling me for months
Praise beans!! 🙏

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I like miserable books but I cannot imagine wanting to read one about various stories of the 21st century tory led poverty.

Don't think many people would except maybe economic students for reference purposes. I mean it's a serious subject but no one from the masses will want to sit down and read after Christmas lunch and I cannot imagine her demographic customers who are poor and probably sent their stories would be overly bothered to read anything other than their story, because who would. It's miserable and they live it. They don't need a book by some cook who used a food bank years ago to highlight how skint they are now.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
yeah, so, according to The List the books we are eagerly awaiting are:

'9 half-written manuscripts' (not specified)
'austerity book'
'book on culinary history'
'greek cook book'
'life hacks book'
'poverty memoir'
'translation of Greek Cypriot cook book'

not entirely sure if 'the history of York Road market', 'depressipes' or 'half-written xmas recipes' were meant to be books or blogs

as ever, I think we can safely say who bleeping knows?? least of all jack

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I think for as long as I live I’ll never be able to walk past a discarded glove without thinking “fly high, sweet prince”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Jack’s unwritten book isn’t top of anyone’s list, it’s an “also-ran” ticking over in the background. No massive return on investment, no great expense no fat returns. It’s literally that project near the bottom of the list which never quite gets discussed because all the flashy, important, juicy exciting stuff has interesting updates and progress.
I can see the team meeting in my head:
'Andrea (or who ever is looking after Jack's account) any updates

'Joe Wicks, Family Fitness, all on track, waiting for the shortlist of photos to be approved, in my diary to chase. Should be in a better position to update next week, let me share my screen with you. (Long discourse on photos)

Zoella baby book -full-time - going out to bid for the co-writer, anyone have any thoughts, was hoping for a Christmas release, may need to push it back to spring. Still using the working title 'Zoella - My mummy adventure (Long discourse on what audience they are trying to reach, and how pretty Zoella is looking these days)

Jack Monroe (refers to notes) nothing.

Marcella Frostup, looking at a new pitch, but not sure about it. Is there a market for the menopause cook? Erica, can we take this offline, or if you could stay on at the end of the merting, there's a few things I want to run last you'. Etc.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I can see the team meeting in my head:
'Andrea (or who ever is looking after Jack's account) any updates

'Joe Wicks, Family Fitness, all on track, waiting for the shortlist of photos to be approved, in my diary to chase. Should be in a better position to update next week, let me share my screen with you. (Long discourse on photos)

Zoella baby book -full-time - going out to bid for the co-writer, anyone have any thoughts, was hoping for a Christmas release, may need to push it back to spring. Still using the working title 'Zoella - My mummy adventure (Long discourse on what audience they are trying to reach, and how pretty Zoella is looking these days)

Jack Monroe (refers to notes) nothing.

Marcella Frostup, looking at a new pitch, but not sure about it. Is there a market for the menopause cook? Erica, can we take this offline, or if you could stay on at the end of the merting, there's a few things I want to run last you'. Etc.
There's probably an unofficial language consisting of a shrug, a sigh and an eyeroll anytime her name or books are mentioned.

Me rail.

I just know from experience that bosses course lecturers and etc are not always patient with outstanding work. My dad died a man who I looked after in the last year of life and I got granted some work extension for it to be backtracked a week later. It was a huge workload too. I literally had to work around the clock to get it done. Ive had it happen to me a few times ( obviously not my dad dying) but ill health and my bosses have been like yeah cool take your time and then been like actually could you just get it done.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I like miserable books but I cannot imagine wanting to read one about various stories of the 21st century tory led poverty.

Don't think many people would except maybe economic students for reference purposes. I mean it's a serious subject but no one from the masses will want to sit down and read after Christmas lunch and I cannot imagine her demographic customers who are poor and probably sent their stories would be overly bothered to read anything other than their story, because who would. It's miserable and they live it. They don't need a book by some cook who used a food bank years ago to highlight how skint they are now.
If you change your mind, Roadsidemum has a fundraiser on right now, and you could back her unwritten book on same topic

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
If you change your mind, Roadsidemum has a fundraiser on right now, and you could back her unwritten book on same topic
Not to discredit the poor. I am no rich witch myself but I couldnt imagine reading anything worse to be honest. I know there poverty out there. I see it daily near where I live is quite poor and my eldest went to school when he was little in that area and I was shocked to here a child say to my to son was absent mindedly eating an apple and answering her that he got it from the fruit bowl in his house " you have a fruit bowl" I honestly was shocked. I didn't know people didn't have these things.

Reactions: 22
May I suggest: -

Jack Monroe #221 No, Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd, has not paid her tax bill to HMRC

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Sorry - can’t have it / variations of it twice 😂
😢

Could #221 be 'No, she hasn't'.

I've just consulted the wiki to learn what POBP means. I had assumed it mean Poor Old Puppy Brain. My brain had transposed the final 2 letters; which may mean I have a poor old puppy brain myself.

I see instead it means Plenty of Black Pepper.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.