Jack Monroe #220 Has Jack Monroe, director of on a bootstrap ltd paid her tax bill to HMRC yet?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She never remakes any of this stuff does she? Mummy has lots of recipes which she makes again and again. Jack throws some stuff together, turns it brown and soft, declares it the best ever. Never ever mentions it again.
Tinned fish on toast is the only thing she’s repeated and it’s not even cooking.
Is it because she bores quickly? We know she has trouble sticking at anything, so maybe it’s the same with the…ahem….”recipes”. She gets some sort of high from throwing out the latest abomination and getting the squibs praise but then it’s done its job and can be discarded. Just a thought.

Reactions: 21
yeah, so, according to The List the books we are eagerly awaiting are:

'9 half-written manuscripts' (not specified)
'austerity book'
'book on culinary history'
'greek cook book'
'life hacks book'
'poverty memoir'
'translation of Greek Cypriot cook book'

not entirely sure if 'the history of York Road market', 'depressipes' or 'half-written xmas recipes' were meant to be books or blogs

as ever, I think we can safely say who bleeping knows?? least of all jack
Oh come on though, cut her some slack for the austerity book. We all KNOW the pandemic has made it so she can’t travel…not for interviews anyway!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Some might say a beige suit that cost £268 and looks like it could be from H&M is ridiculously priced. Some.

Some people might even suggest that Jack bought it because in it she felt like a star. She felt wanted and pretty and got that narc high that she needed.

So she spent almost £300 on a suit she will never wear to try and keep a hold of that feeling. Which is why all of her claims of poverty are quite frankly, turdwaffle.
I might have missed (permanent grunk) who triangulated the suit? Wheres it from and why so costly?

Reactions: 10
I might have missed (permanent grunk) who triangulated the suit? Wheres it from and why so costly?
Tagged on the “shoot” post for the pdf. Someone with skilz linked the exact one.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
had my smear this morning, the lovely woman administering advised that my cervix was quite hard to find and 'to the side'.
Bizarrely it was the least horrible smear I've ever had and if I ever have to go again (ageing frau) I hope to have thesame woman

Tagged on the “shoot” pos for the pdf. Someone with skilz linked the exact one.
Thank you. I am beyond grateful for this Intel. Hope to see it reimagined in one of her sexy sideboard shots, perhaps utilising the sports bra from previous shoots of high alluuuuure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I am in the mood for listing all the things you could buy/have done in your house for £268.

For example, have your boiler serviced for 3 years by my local company.

Buy a nice (not the cheapest, not Miele) washing machine.

Umm…. I feel a new list is in order.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I am in the mood for listing all the things you could buy/have done in your house for £268.

House insurance if it’s not been said already

• Haha
Reactions: 32
had my smear this morning, the lovely woman administering advised that my cervix was quite hard to find and 'to the side'.
Bizarrely it was the least horrible smear I've ever had and if I ever have to go again (ageing frau) I hope to have thesame woman

Thank you. I am beyond grateful for this Intel. Hope to see it reimagined in one of her sexy sideboard shots, perhaps utilising the sports bra from previous shoots of high alluuuuure.
Each to their own, but are you sure you are feeling ok this morning? Hoping to see Jack in the pose you describe is very, how shall I say...niché.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I like miserable books but I cannot imagine wanting to read one about various stories of the 21st century tory led poverty.

Don't think many people would except maybe economic students for reference purposes. I mean it's a serious subject but no one from the masses will want to sit down and read after Christmas lunch and I cannot imagine her demographic customers who are poor and probably sent their stories would be overly bothered to read anything other than their story, because who would. It's miserable and they live it. They don't need a book by some cook who used a food bank years ago to highlight how skint they are now.
Thing is its not even a real representation so any students who don't know their onions are going to be completely misinformed if they use her as any kind of reference to what it's like for those of us who struggle under tory rule and in a capitalist society.
She's an outdated cliché-monger who absolutely does not have her finger on any pulse.

Have telly on in the background and there's an Aldi Christmas ad on which namechecks Marcus rashford!

Each to their own, but are you sure you are feeling ok this morning? Hoping to see Jack in the pose you describe is very, how shall I say...niché.
I just belly laughed at this. OK hoping to see it is maybe a stretch, more honestly I want it to happen because look forward to the responses on here. I'm a #badfrau

• Heart
Reactions: 18

A new kettle?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thing is its not even a real representation so any students who don't know their onions are going to be completely misinformed if they use her as any kind of reference to what it's like for those of us who struggle under tory rule and in a capitalist society.
She's an outdated cliché-monger who absolutely does not have her finger on any pulse.

Have telly on in the background and there's an Aldi Christmas ad on which namechecks Marcus rashford!

I just belly laughed at this. OK hoping to see it is maybe a stretch, more honestly I want it to happen because look forward to the responses on here. I'm a #badfrau
Marcus radishford

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My mum used both her and her husband's 100 local business gift cards to buy a new washing machine and chest freezer. I think they put 100 each other their own money too. They were needed as both stopped working after something like 12 and 20 odd years respectfully. She's terrible with money being skint for a while after her huge paying job only fed the envy that she had to make do with basic. So now she's splurges and wastes without the steady income to top it up.

Reactions: 9
Marcus radishford
Is that what it says?! I was only half listening lols at him getting all up in all of Jackie's niches.
They'll be calling him Marcus sardineiford next. Shes sat on her twitter (fish)fingers long enough, if he dares to overstep the (fishing) line All the slop demons from the pits of hell will be unleashed , just in time for crimbo

• Haha
Reactions: 12
If I was a celeb chef I'd make a version of Crimble Crumble as a festive tribute to the actor who played Martin in Friday Night Dinner.
Or a nice bit of squirrel

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.